Graviteam
May 01, 2024, 03:35:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graviteam plans for 2013 (google translation)  (Read 27064 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »

Everything  to mod is pretty much there.  However it requires ALOT of time, effort, and knowledge.  BUt bringing in firearm, inftantry gear, trucks, apcs, tanks is all vary doable right NOW.  But you 1. need to know how to model/texture.  2.  not go insane around config files.  3.  use the included tools.  Most of these are pretty simple to use but lack a GUI front end.  However, to  use only requires windows bat or cmd file to be made in notepad at worst........its 1 line of code that can be ripped off of default path and changing folder locations to look in. 

I started with mission editor for SABOW.  Its the same as APOS.  Where everyone goes wrong is the DIV POOL file.  But simply unpacking from campaigns and recycling that file with modifications allows ALOT to be done while learning on the go. 

Polygon editor........i know someone will say something about that.  well it exsists but not released and will probably NEVER be for game.  It is not for the faint of heart.  Requires alot of knowledge and time.  It is probably the second hardest thing I have encountered after playable vehicles for SABOW.  However it is mainly time it takes to do anything quality.  From finding good public source satelite elevation data, converting from oddball file types to getting it into a RAW format.  The render out that (if right) and then add and create EVERYTHING.  Thats assuming you don't need to make your own textures or models. 

Making your own vehicles.  Assuming you know how to model and texture its really not that bad at all for AI useable stuff.   For something like sabow.....a whole new level of hell.  Cheesy  Although I did get (with help) 1 tank and apc playable in a vary BASIC UGLY form (SABOW).  But ugh........doing quality is TIME.  Really needs more than 1 person to do right as the man hours are huge.  But thats SABOW.........in APOS not bad at all.  Cheesy.

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »

That's all very commendable Flashburn.  And I applaud the dedication you have to persist through the self education that was required.  But some of us, myself included, don't wish to expend the time and energy required to learn how to manufacture the parts to build the car.  We want to buy the car ready to use.  If you get my analogy.  That doesn't make us lazy or stupid or make us less valid than those who wish to grind through a morass of cobbled together developer tools, text files and lack of gui in order to take a simple joy ride.

Andrey is right to wonder though about who would pay for the effort required by his team to make such a "car" for us.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »

That's all very commendable Flashburn.  And I applaud the dedication you have to persist through the self education that was required.  But some of us, myself included, don't wish to expend the time and energy required to learn how to manufacture the parts to build the car.  We want to buy the car ready to use.

This analogy is not correct. Making mods is you want to become a designer of the cars (not just drive on it), and do not want to make this effort or learn. It does not happen for cars and for games too.
Simple drive a car play the game. Its ready to use and upgraded by free in "service center".

But FlashBurn clearly wants to be the designer  Grin (or at least an auto mechanic), not only to drive. He is making some effort and he make a good things.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:17:30 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »

That's all very commendable Flashburn.  And I applaud the dedication you have to persist through the self education that was required.  But some of us, myself included, don't wish to expend the time and energy required to learn how to manufacture the parts to build the car.  We want to buy the car ready to use.

This analogy is not correct. Making mods is you want to become a designer of the cars (not just drive on it), and do not want to make this effort or learn. It does not happen for cars and for games too.
Simple drive a car play the game. Its ready to use and upgraded by free in "service center".

But FlashBurn clearly wants to be the designer  Grin (or at least an auto mechanic), not only to drive. He is making some effort and he make a good things.

Tongue

Would rather be an Italian industrial designer of the outside of the car.   Tongue  Or that guy that designed the outsides and functionality of the Beretta cx4 storm carbine.   Tongue  One of the most inovated civilian firearm designs of recent years.  Although the Beikal .22 rifle that appeared shortly after looks neato too.  Oh and the guy that designed the outsides of the cx4 WAS an Italian industrial designer of cars.  Im a sucker for anything functional and looks GOOD.  To include my stupid expensive but vary cool looking dish drainer and garbage can. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 08:44:22 PM »

Of course he does.  I admire his creativity. 

If my first analogy was wide of the mark, consider this one.  Flashburn can spend his creativity learning the difficult and arcane tools available now, analogous to using a drafting table, T-square, and slide rule to design the car, or he could spend his creativity in making mods, analogous to using  CAD and a computer to design it.  He doesn't need to understand the programming behind CAD to design the car and understanding the programming would not necessarily make him a better car designer.

I understand your reasoning in thinking a better editor would not be worth it, but none the less, I think a better editor would greatly increase the amount of mods etc available for the game.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2012, 09:31:33 PM »

If my first analogy was wide of the mark, consider this one.  Flashburn can spend his creativity learning the difficult and arcane tools available now, analogous to using a drafting table, T-square, and slide rule to design the car, or he could spend his creativity in making mods, analogous to using  CAD and a computer to design it.  He doesn't need to understand the programming behind CAD to design the car and understanding the programming would not necessarily make him a better car designer.
But the developers use the same tools, and how the practice is the best way to make games.
Not a constructor like Blitz Basic or somthing like it, but low-level programming and command-line tools  Grin

Utilities do not have to be simple, they need to give the best results in the shortest time. That's the goal. If it needs from user to know and do something, it's not scary.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:34:46 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 06:24:23 AM »

"Graviteam Tactics" is a name that has meaning. This is certainly the best way to Graviteam to make their products more profitable. This is a business approach that brings a wider horizon of the license and it is not bad considering the quality of games made. "Achtung Panzer" targets certainly an exclusive public ...

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »

May be make the new name a little more punchy and evocative like " Graviteam Panzer Tactics" ?

Or perhaps to trump the guys who own the name Achtung Panzer call it Achtung Graviteam! Panzer !  Grin

On a more serious note Andrey; speaking of new things is a new tank sim in the works too or is Graviteam simply too strapped for cash to make a new Steel Fury?Huh?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »

New SF in any case will not be there - many things in SF are done wrong or outdated, even the concept.
And as I said before, we have a few people in the team (4 people), extra funds are not available too. Tank simulator for us as developers is not profitable, in contrast to the tactics. Ie it can only do if we have nothing to do and there are a free funds. We have much to do and no money to spend.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »

New SF in any case will not be there - many things in SF are done wrong or outdated, even the concept.
And as I said before, we have a few people in the team (4 people), extra funds are not available too. Tank simulator for us as developers is not profitable, in contrast to the tactics. Ie it can only do if we have nothing to do and there are a free funds. We have much to do and no money to spend.

4!?  I thought there where 6 of you?  DO a tactics zombie FPS.  Should you not be rolling in cash?   Roll Eyes  Ok please DONT.  Fine how long do we have to wait for another tank sim?   Huh? Tongue  Or something along those lines.  Cheesy

Oh how bout a hidden and dangerous clone?  Muhahah Graviteam fireteam tactics...  With space nazi zombies! 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:28:16 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »

If Graviteam ever entertained any of those ideas I would leave this forum for good and never look back.

Thankfully Graviteam has no interest in that nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:51:02 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »

Fine how long do we have to wait for another tank sim?

I think Andrey said no new tank sim.It wasn't profitable.

But if you want to personally finance the project then there might be a chance for Graviteam making a new tank sim,maybe if the team had nothing else to do.

So it seems to me that unless a huge interest and market for tank sims magically appears out of thin air and a financial backer with deep pockets steps up to the plate,that Graviteam is officially done with the tank sim games and focusing all their time energy and resources into the new Graviteam Tactics series.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:07:34 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

Fine how long do we have to wait for another tank sim?

I think Andrey said no new tank sim.It wasn't profitable.

But if you want to personally finance the project then there might be a chance for Graviteam making a new tank sim,maybe if the team had nothing else to do.

Never say never!  Hmmm can not put cash that way...........  could take 5 years and make one i guess.  LOL .  But in that case you'll get something odd ball like Mech infantry squad leader tactics crazy thing.

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

Well the production line on the new tactical series is going too slow for my liking and I would hate to see Graviteam fritter away their time energy and resouces on a bunch of side tangent projects that in their own words only cost them money with no profit to show for it.

Maybe in the future if the Graviteam Tactics series shows a nice return on their investment and a heavy demand for a tank sim materialises they may experiment with adding that feature to the new tactical series,but a new stand alone tank sim game seems to be completely off the drawing board.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:22:56 PM by Dane49 » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 01:37:35 AM »

I kind of expected that answer and I fully understand. I was hoping that using SABoW and making new maps and importing SF's vechicles it might have required minimal funding and work but apparently it won't be the case.

No Flashburn I am afraid we'll never see Achtung Zombies! Grin

Thanks for the update Andrey!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »

I kind of expected that answer and I fully understand. I was hoping that using SABoW and making new maps and importing SF's vechicles it might have required minimal funding and work but apparently it won't be the case.
It's no one bothers to do now for every player.

No Flashburn I am afraid we'll never see Achtung Zombies! Grin

In fact now, from a commercial point of view AZ it is a good proposal. May be better than any simulator or wargame.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »

Yeah Achtung Zombies sounds wonderful.

I'm sure were all eagerly awaiting the new GTAZ series.Maybe you could make FB project lead.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 02:03:00 AM »

Yeah Achtung Zombies sounds wonderful.

I'm sure were all eagerly awaiting the new GTAZ series.Maybe you could make FB project lead.

Yes sure......but only if the zombies drive farm tractors.........  Oh gawd!   Undecided

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: