Graviteam
May 01, 2024, 05:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: performance question  (Read 3302 times)
oho
Oberleutnant

« on: February 27, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »

I have a intel i5 processor and a geforce GT6400m video card but still it's very slow on my machine.
When I play quick battle with 6 vs. 7 platoons I can only get max. 1 times acceleration in 2D map and 0,6 in 3D. Is this normal?  I can see only 1 processor in task manager on 100% and the other under 10%. Can I improve this somehow?
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:04:57 AM »

Not sure if it will help but there is an option to use multiple cores in game. Have you changed that in the options menu?
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:42:48 AM »

6 vs 7 platoons is getting to the top end I think for alot of people before it starts to slow down esp when it all starts to kick off. Ive noticed as the new patches come out performance has really dropped off esp compared to when OS first came out or even 'K43. I'd aim for around 5 vs 5..if your having problems, lower the area for attack in the options also have a play around with some of the graphic options aswell.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:58:43 AM »

I've noticed that too for QBs the start button when setting up a Quick battle will change color if you excede more than 10 platoons on the map.If you go over 10 platoons the QB start button clock will change from black to orange.

I can still put more platoons on the map but I have to scale the size down of the platoons by disbanding some of the squads in the platoons to about 3 or 4  squads each max.

If the clock turns red I can't even get the battle to load or it crashes to desk top shortly after I start the battle.

I'm able to play at about 14 platoons max in the game if I scale the platoons down to a HQ section and 3 squads or about 4 units to a platoon.

On the Volokonovka map ,it's much less maybe about 8-10 platoons scaled down.The dust/smoke and extra grass features really push the limits of performance on my PC.

Each PC is different so you may have to experiment some to see what the limits are for your PC,I turned off the power saver on my PC which gave me a little more performance but not much.

I can't play this game with my laptop in my lap when I push the limits for QBs because it generates a lot of heat and makes it uncomfortably hot.So as not to put too much strain on my lap top I usually limit my QBs to about 8 platoons max on the map.

So basically what it comes down to is not so much the number of platoons on the map but their size or actually the number of men in the platoon coupled with other performance options settings in the options page that will determine your max performance when playing the game.The more computations the game has to make during the QBs the slower the performance will be depending on how much your PC can actually handle.Start at about 10 platoons max(about 40-50 squad sized units) on map first than gradually work your way up till you hit the max level for your PC.

You could probably have 20 platoons in QBs if you limit your platoons to maybe 15-20 men each,which probably wouldn't be to far off the mark as a realistic platoon size for many units in combat that have been on the front line for any length of time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:55:07 PM by Dane49 » Logged
oho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »

I think it was due to some traffic on my laptop. right now I can play with high settings with no slow motion with 6 vs. platoons.
Thx anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: