Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 09:53:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battelfield impersion - Sounds  (Read 2654 times)
BigDuke66
Major

« on: April 05, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »

So far I'm very happy with the state that the march 13 patch brought tot he game.

One area I hope that get s a bit more polishing would be the sound area:
1. While it is nice to have the realistic delay in sounds that are generate in the distance, what is missing much finer damping of sounds that are generated further ans further away. It seems that there is already something in the game but you really have to move far away to hear any difference, for now a sound 50 meters away sound not different than a sound generated 500 meters away, at least that is the impression I got.

2. The voice files that are played sound good but  it seems to me that they are most of the time played randomly and that kills the immersion, that's why I usually try to not get too close to infantry units. There are already many triggers in the game, just look at the option you can set for an enemy contact, if these triggers would be used to play specific voice outputs it would greatly rise the battlefield immersion, hearing German infantry again and again shouting that the enemy is there while no enemy is in sight simply kills the battlefield immersion.

3. The Background sound should also get adjusted, it seems to me that in night once the barking & howling starts and on morning attacks the rooster starts his wake up screams they don't seem to  stop.

I simply hope that the immersion that the graphics give to the player are also reached the the sound scenery.

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »

One area I hope that get s a bit more polishing would be the sound area:
1. While it is nice to have the realistic delay in sounds that are generate in the distance, what is missing much finer damping of sounds that are generated further ans further away. It seems that there is already something in the game but you really have to move far away to hear any difference, for now a sound 50 meters away sound not different than a sound generated 500 meters away, at least that is the impression I got.
This aspect also modeled, from at least the difference between the near and far heard good shootout.
If you not disable hi quality sound in options of course.

2. The voice files that are played sound good but  it seems to me that they are most of the time played randomly and that kills the immersion, that's why I usually try to not get too close to infantry units. There are already many triggers in the game, just look at the option you can set for an enemy contact, if these triggers would be used to play specific voice outputs it would greatly rise the battlefield immersion, hearing German infantry again and again shouting that the enemy is there while no enemy is in sight simply kills the battlefield immersion.
Game dont have any triggers or scripts in tactical combat.
Sound files are divided into groups and each group played in accordance with the events that occur, for example when an enemies is spotted - is one group other than in a relaxed atmosphere and so on.

3. The Background sound should also get adjusted, it seems to me that in night once the barking & howling starts and on morning attacks the rooster starts his wake up screams they don't seem to  stop.
Yes, we are not able to write a lot of different samples for the background sounds, so use one sample at each time of the day, plus the sounds of gunfire. Will remain in the future.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: