Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 03:05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with patching  (Read 43423 times)
crocodile27
Oberleutnant

« on: April 19, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »

Hello, I bought the game on GG and it ran fine. But then I decided to install the core update and then through the game update installed the March Patch then saved and launched the game but no the launcher now crash every time. I searched on the net for solution for hours, reinstalled the game to a location other than program files, on a different hard drive, but again the launcher crash after this update and needless to say I'm quiet furious though the game was so cheap it's a shame to throw away a game for a thing like this.
I have Windows 7 64 Bit a Geforce with 2 GB and all the system specs are very high and well above the one required to run this. 
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »

You should post a screen shot of what's on your updater here it might help to identify your problem.
crocodile27
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »

I could post a screenshot but it is so easy what it appears there that I can just describe and comment
Game updater line : #1 Addon-Game Update , Version-4.02, State-disabled, Author-Graviteam.
And it is disabled cos no matter how I try to enable it everyt time I run the launcher and it crashes when I go back to the game updater it says "disabled" even if it was "enabled" before.... mad
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »

May be a dumb question but how did install the patch?
Did you install the 581 update 1st?
Did you run the game launcher & go to 'update' or run update.cmd directly & then browse for the patch with ext of .gt2extension?  Or something else?  I ask because GG give an exe download which may complicate things.  Ignore that & use the regular files.
See http://www.graviteam.ua/help/install-patch.html
patches are here
http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html
The current patch is gtos_patch_march13b3_eng.gt2extension & it is 485.43mb check you don't have a corrupted  download.

I'm running 7x64 on a geforce with APOS+dlc & that patch & it runs fine.  I run it away from c:\prog files on a secondary hdd.  So it ought to be OK for you too. 
crocodile27
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »

I installed it from Gamersgate installer. Then I ran the little fiule called gtos_cu_581_eng.
The ran gameupdater and clicked the window install and selected the file gtos_patch_march13_eng.gt2extension that yes is about the size you say and the download seemed fine and quick being from gamersgate.
Then I clicked the save and play window and here came the message the programme has stopped to run..... file invloved is ntdll.dll but one can never understand much out of this windows errors...
and if I go back to gameupdater now I see that the state says now "disabled" even if before every crash was "enabled"....
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »

Usually on my PC with windows 7.When I install a new engine for the game(Core update) I first have download the engine to my game folder in my program files then reboot my PC 2-3 times till I actually see that the new engine has been accepted when I start the game.Once I see the new engine number in the upper right corner of my start menu,then I know I'll be able to down load and install the patch with no problem.My updater didn't install the last patch automatically when I clicked on it and I had to unpack the patch as RAR file into a separate in game folder that I named March 13 Patch then open the ingame updater locate and open the Core folder in the March 13 folder  click on all files till the desc. appeared than select desc.

This worked for me and my game runs fine,but than again I'm use to updating the old way so it wasn't difficult for me to do.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:46:49 PM by Dane49 » Logged
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 07:30:57 AM »

ntl.dll is a core windows file.  Could be you are missing a core depndency.
eg:- a .net or visual C pack/update or similar
Post what Event Viewer reports, that should indicate what is happening. (Hit the Win key & type event viewer it will show up on the dialog above, launch it & find the error report)

Did the game run OK before you patched it?
crocodile27
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »

Dunno how but now it runs.... I just reinstalled the update over the very same already installed and now it accepts the new version and it runs....
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »

I think Windows doesn't like this game and when you install a new engine it takes awhile for Windows to accept it.

I've had that problem before usually after 2-3 reboots and letting the new install sit overnight and come back the next day and restart and everything is fine.

Go figure Huh?

Glad you got it sorted out. 8)
crocodile27
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »

I just hope I didn't mess anything installing the March 2013 Update twice , one over the very same other... the gme now runs and the version in the start screen it's correct...
thanks to you for your help!
Sgt_Stiener
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:35 AM »

I have decided to use this thread as well - hope the OP doesn't mind.

I am also having problems patching the game. I am using Windows 7.

I bought APOS plus the DLCs off Gamersgate. Installing APOS gave me v.5.75 (1379)

I go to the Graviteam APOS downloads page on Graviteam Website and download CORE_UPDATE_GTOS_cu_v581(ENG)

Run it.

Get the Unknown Punlisher box select YES.

Setup Core Update 5.81 Wizard appears.

Accept License.

Thing that I noted at this point was the default folder selected by the wizard is different from my game folder which is C:\Program File (x86)\Achtung Panzer Operation Star.

So I change the folder to the above.

The Installation Box appears and I select Full Installation.

Tick Run vcredist_x86_sp1_v2.exe

Tick Launch Graviteam Tactics Operation Star

After a C++ check the Update Box from the game appears.....

And then nothing.

First time I tried to patch it screwed APOS which I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix. I have read that with windows 7 it can take some time to register the update. How long and what should I be seeing in the update box to allow me to install this patch?

Sorry if this seems dumb but it has me stumped atm.

Edit: I have tried searching for *.gt2extension but cannot locate such a file.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:24:31 AM by Sgt_Stiener » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »

I have decided to use this thread as well - hope the OP doesn't mind.

I am also having problems patching the game. I am using Windows 7.

I bought APOS plus the DLCs off Gamersgate. Installing APOS gave me v.5.75 (1379)

I go to the Graviteam APOS downloads page on Graviteam Website and download CORE_UPDATE_GTOS_cu_v581(ENG)

Run it.

Get the Unknown Punlisher box select YES.

Setup Core Update 5.81 Wizard appears.

Accept License.

Thing that I noted at this point was the default folder selected by the wizard is different from my game folder which is C:\Program File (x86)\Achtung Panzer Operation Star.

So I change the folder to the above.

The Installation Box appears and I select Full Installation.

Tick Run vcredist_x86_sp1_v2.exe

Tick Launch Graviteam Tactics Operation Star

After a C++ check the Update Box from the game appears.....

And then nothing.

This means that:
1) Wrong installation folder is selected
2) You do not have administrative rights, and the installer can not overwrite game files
3) The Devil's antivirus blocks overwrite files
4) Do not install the library update for MSVC2005 (this happens often, and this trouble even mention Microsoft) - need to run and install it manually (docs\support\redists\vcredist_x86_sp1_v2.exe)

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Sgt_Stiener
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. The game is installed in C:\Program File (x86)\Achtung Panzer Operation Star - is that the correct folder for the patch?
2. I am logged on as Administrator.
3. McAfee certainly fits the bill but I have not recieved any messages and was able to download the patch fine.
4. So I should not have ticked run vcredit_x86_sp1_v2.exe with the installer?

Sorry to be a pain but I usually don't have any issues patching games.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 10:27:56 AM »

Don't let the game install in program file (x86) the downloads always default to that folder but windows won't run the game from there.Install all downloads for the game to a different folder in your regular program files on C disk.

Create and direct all downloads for the game to a new folder in your regular C disk program files that is outside of (x86)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:37:31 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Sgt_Stiener
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »

Thanks Dane49

The game would start and run from x86 but I am now reinstalling in normal program files.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Just to clarify what andrey12345 posted I am to use http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=3387 to manually update MSVC2005 and not tick vcredit_x86_sp1_v2.exe when it appears on the installer?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:04:15 AM by Sgt_Stiener » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »

If your game has installed properly with the core 5.81 update and new March 13b patch then the upper right hand corner of your start menu should look like this.

chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »

My 10c

I almost never install any games to their default dirs.  I dislike buried sub-folders where games are concerned.
APOS is currently in G:\APOS
I have never had any patching issues or needed to reboot/wait etc with APOS.  I tell it where the patches are & where they're going.  It swallows it all & I save & play.

I do manually ensure all my Visual C & dot net files are up to date but occasionally allow games to add their own variants.  So far these overwrites or additions have not upset anything, though generally I tend only to allow an earlier version, e.g. say v2.x when I have 3.x installed.
All on Win7x64 SP1.

Last time I encountered behaviour like that described above, I was installing a game with starforce protection - & that was several PCs ago, back in the days of XP.  It is not missed!  Grin

@ Dane - the latest 581 is (2138) according to my start screen  Tongue
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »

@ Dane - the latest 581 is (2138) according to my start screen

Huh? I must have overlooked that patch.
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »

It's one of the great patching mysteries of APOS.  No build numbers are visible on the patch page but I've been occasionally grabbing a 581 & installing it to see if it's different  Wink
This (2138) was on the .ua site.
http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »

8) Thanks chashka17.

Graviteam please add build number indentification to your patches.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:33:42 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: