Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:26:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2013 patch update (news)  (Read 17269 times)
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »

After update, my main screen upper right shows c2    Does that sound correct?  I was expecting xxxc4

Mine too.
I think GT likes to tease us with their patch numbering... Grin
Killjoy12
Hauptmann

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »

ok - thanks.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »

After update, my main screen upper right shows c2    Does that sound correct?  I was expecting xxxc4

Mine too.
I think GT likes to tease us with their patch numbering... Grin

Yeah, they use a random password generator for the version number, and then don't show the version number at the download sites just for added annoyance. 

Bring back 3D markers!
Bayonet
Hauptmann

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »

Somewhere, once and only once, in this thread Andrey posted this

In main menu still version c2

What one must do, is patch the correct patch repeatedly...at least four times, in order to realize the translation of the above is

"Main menu version number remains unchanged at c2".
RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

When I was testing AP:OS with Operation Hooper (In quick battle) - latest patch to this date -:

I noticed that Cuban volunteers Maljutka oтделение, would sometimes fire with their personal arms (AKs) at the tank! Instead of using the equipment!
Also, when I fielded Recoiless rifle, sometimes during very beginning they would "abandon" it, with no explanation (aside from notification that "vehicle is abandoned"

I haven't tested this extensively, but if this is not known bug, I will give more details.

Also, what is present usage of Gaz-66 trucks (aside from transporting troops in tactical battle)? And is there any way to force armored vehicle to stay behind while infantry goes forward? (for instance, attacking AT placement at other side of the hill)

P.S.
I can only give great praise to the Graviteam. Its always pleasant to experience a war-game simulation which is not tainted by Western cold war paradigma! Keep up the excellent work and show the world "other side of the coin", with honest research and conclusions.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:18:00 PM by RedC » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »

I noticed that Cuban volunteers Maljutka oтделение, would sometimes fire with their personal arms (AKs) at the tank! Instead of using the equipment!
Yes, if you mark tank as priority target - squad will fire with all weapons to it. This is by design.
In this case just remember that this ATGM has a minimum range of 500 meters (near which the rocket does not work - such are the limitations of this weapon), so in the tank with a little distance would not shoot by ATGM.

Also, when I fielded Recoiless rifle, sometimes during very beginning they would "abandon" it, with no explanation (aside from notification that "vehicle is abandoned"
Yes if rocket pool is empty or some crew members is killed and enemies is near - heavy weapons with low mobility is abandoned by crews.

I haven't tested this extensively, but if this is not known bug, I will give more details.
It's not bugs, but normal behavior both in real life and in the game too  Grin.

Also, what is present usage of Gaz-66 trucks (aside from transporting troops in tactical battle)? And is there any way to force armored vehicle to stay behind while infantry goes forward? (for instance, attacking AT placement at other side of the hill)
Yes, use of filters (small button on the selection panel), or right-click on any platoon icon on the selection panel (lower-center of screen). You can choose by type of which units are stay selected.
And use groups - Ctrl+number key to save selection, and number key to select.

I can only give great praise to the Graviteam. Its always pleasant to experience a war-game simulation which is not tainted by Western cold war paradigma! Keep up the excellent work and show the world "other side of the coin", with honest research and conclusions.
Thanks!

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »

Yes, if you mark tank as priority target - squad will fire with all weapons to it. This is by design.
In this case just remember that this ATGM has a minimum range of 500 meters (near which the rocket does not work - such are the limitations of this weapon), so in the tank with a little distance would not shoot by ATGM.

I understand that very well, but my point is, i didn't have it selected as priority target. But they automatically chose tank (closer then 500 meter) to fire with AK. I forgot, but I think it was the only tank in their view!

Yes if rocket pool is empty or some crew members is killed and enemies is near - heavy weapons with low mobility is abandoned by crews.

It was 1st second of "quick battle", 100% ammo etc..., deep behind lines. Maybe they got stuck in mud while I chose wrong position to spawn on? Smiley I was playing Rakitnoe district anyway

Yes, use of filters (small button on the selection panel), or right-click on any platoon icon on the selection panel (lower-center of screen). You can choose by type of which units are stay selected.
And use groups - Ctrl+number key to save selection, and number key to select.

Thank you! I finally get it now...I will experiment with it.

But you didn't answer my question about Gaz-66 trucks, at present state of the game? What usage do they have? (aside transport of troops) Are they made to store additional ammo/fuel? Seeing I have horde of them in the campaign pool. (My usage now is to give some mobility to the troops of the encircled 25th battalion.)

P.S.
You are very quick and direct in your answers. You just raise my respect for the developers! You have an undying "supporter" from Serbia in me that is certain.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:16:11 PM by RedC » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »

I understand that very well, but my point is, i didn't have it selected as priority target. But they automatically chose tank (closer then 500 meter) to fire with AK.
No, this can not be.
Shoot to the tank with an AK can  only if you choose it as a priority target.

But how you actually define what a crew shoots in the _tank_ with an AK? After all, in the game for those moments there is absolutely none any indication Grin.

It was 1st second of "quick battle", 100% ammo etc..., deep behind lines. Maybe they got stuck in mud while I chose wrong position to spawn on? Smiley

From your post is not very clear when it happened. There are certainly more options: put on a very rough place (or with obstacles) on the deploy phase, a some crew members is absent, commander is absent and low morale, damage leading to the inoperable weapon, bug in the game or any mix for all this moments.

But you didn't answer my question about Gaz-66 trucks, at present state of the game? What usage do they have? (aside transport of troops)
You can transport troops and weapons (in our case - infantry weapons like mortars, ATGMs or MGs and some recoils). Also used as an ersatz-SPG if cannon installed over  GAZ-66 (in the game there is an option with the ZU-23-2)

Are they made to store additional ammo/fuel?
No

Seeing I have horde of them in the campaign pool. (My usage now is to give some mobility to the troops of the encircled 25th battalion.)
Yes trucks its a standart transport type for infantry brigades of Angolan Army.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

Also used as an ersatz-SPG if cannon installed over  GAZ-66 (in the game there is an option with the ZU-23-2)

If I load ZU-23-2 on to the GAZ-66 truck then will I be able to fire the ZU-23-2 from the truck bed?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »

Also used as an ersatz-SPG if cannon installed over  GAZ-66 (in the game there is an option with the ZU-23-2)

If I load ZU-23-2 on to the GAZ-66 truck then will I be able to fire the ZU-23-2 from the truck bed?
I'm afraid you can not. Better to get GAZ-66 with mounted ZU-23-2 from pool  Cheesy

RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »

No, this can not be.
Shoot to the tank with an AK can  only if you choose it as a priority target.
I can't seem to be able to reproduce it, so I was wrong. I'll keep a close eye on giving priority targets.  Wink

But how you actually define what a crew shoots in the _tank_ with an AK? After all, in the game for those moments there is absolutely none any indication Grin.
I agree 100%. Thats why this game is great!

Also, wanted to ask you about certain panic situations.
For instance, I had my Malyutka team their commander killed, and crew panics. Luckly 5 meter away there is a hole (From HE tank shell) deep enough to protect them from enemy direct machinegun fire. They rush into the hole, but instead of cowering inside it, they bug out, start walking in and out, in and out, in and out from the hole, until they get finally machine-gunned... Its constantly happening.

P.S.
Must say one of the best features that I like is, when your forces mingle in close combat (even more if its low visibility), your troops outside of the battle, supporting guns, would regularly target anything they see, usually even your own vehicles inside it. I find that kind of realism, very very refreshing! Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:20:35 PM by RedC » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: