Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 05:50:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SFK42 really needs some new Youtube videos  (Read 6607 times)
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« on: July 14, 2013, 06:47:26 PM »

Hey Guys,
Yesterday I was at the SB forum and someone there was looking for a good WW2 tank simulator. I wanted to post and embed a few good SFK42 HD Youtube videos since all replies were recommending Panzer Elite (no mention of SFK42 at all). To my surprise there really wasn't many current SFK42 videos and even a smaller number in HD, most of those HD videos were just test types, not like in game mission videos. I really could not find any that showcased SFK42 current gameplay and current level of content especially in HD. Now I did find some good ones that showed the gameplay good but most of the videos were of low quality (360p or less) and most of the videos were 5 year old, so those really didn't do justice to what SFK42 is today. Seemed like a real shame with all the current interior mods work, added vehicles and missions that has been done on SFK42 in the last couple years that there is no Youtube videos in HD to show this.
Cheers.

P.S. I just started to learn Microsoft Expressions so I hope to personally help in some small way to fix this problem but really hope others will join in too.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:37:58 AM »

There are about 5 or 6 videos of SF missions less than 2 years old on youtube but you really have to look out for them. I am using a free version of fraps so I really can't make any.Apparently there's an in-game feature that allows you to make vids but I have never been able to make it work, just like the free cam mod. Does anybody know a program that allows you to make vids longer than 30 seconds and that is not too cumbersome to use?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:59:42 AM »

There's a recent video here that includes some of the newer mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h9eNthX-J5M

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 02:10:09 AM »

P.S. I just started to learn Microsoft Expressions so I hope to personally help in some small way to fix this problem but really hope others will join in too.

Does anybody know a program that allows you to make vids longer than 30 seconds and that is not too cumbersome to use?

Besides 'Fraps' I think you can also use 'Bandicam' to record your game videos.

"Yes."
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »

There are about 5 or 6 videos of SF missions less than 2 years old on youtube but you really have to look out for them. I am using a free version of fraps so I really can't make any.Apparently there's an in-game feature that allows you to make vids but I have never been able to make it work, just like the free cam mod. Does anybody know a program that allows you to make vids longer than 30 seconds and that is not too cumbersome to use?

Yep frinik it's the same product I just mentioned above called Microsoft Expressions. There is a free version at Microsofts site and even a couple Youtube videos on how to use it. Of course since it's the basic free version some options are limited compared to the full paid version. But you can do videos in HD and in 10 minute durations with sound and I believe add your own voice over commentary if you wish. I do believe you can export the 10 minute video files to Windows Movie Maker or Silverlight for editing to make much longer videos. But like I said I'm just starting to learn what this software can do.
Cheers
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:58 AM »

There's a recent video here that includes some of the newer mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h9eNthX-J5M

Yep Kyth that's one of the ones I looked at to embed in that post, but I felt while it was very good it mostly centered on exterior views too much at the expense of most of the interior crew station views, and it was too short in duration to really show what SFK42 is today. The problem I see is if people are recommending Panzer Elite and not even mentioning SFK42 your really going to need to show a lot more. Panzer Elite even with it's mods (while good) is just not superior to SFK42.....just my opinion. I also was going to include your crew stations mods for the PzIII and KV-1 and Dokens Drum Roll Sight video so show SFK42's level and attention to detail made by the modders. But without that first video to get the hook in I don't know if anyone would have bothered looking at the other videos embedded.
Cheers

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 03:18:28 AM »

FWIW, you have my permission to include my videos, or any suitable snippets thereof, in your presentation. 

"Yes."
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »

FWIW, you have my permission to include my videos, or any suitable snippets thereof, in your presentation. 

Thanks Kyth, that means a lot to me comrade  Smiley
Cheers
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »

You have my permission aswell to use anything made by me =)

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 12:51:18 AM »

You have my permission aswell to use anything made by me =)

Thank you also Doken, having these videos will really highlight all the work of the SFK42 modders and their eye to details and accuracy. And as I said to Kyth this means a lot to me also comrade.
Cheers
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »

I used fraps .... and then just upload the avi clips to Youtube keeping them Private...once they are all uploaded I use their video editor to combine them (and lower the volume) then set the result as Public.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:05:17 PM by fabianfred » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »

It has to be said again...  Grin

Some vids of my Panzer 38(t) missions. Or Panzer III missions, would bring tears to the eyes. (Joy, not sorrow).  Wink

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: