Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 12:23:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch August 2013  (Read 39253 times)
WallysWorld
Hauptmann

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »

Sorry Krabb, but that's the first time I even knew there was a wiki for this game.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »

Cheesy Grin

Russians are obscure and always have been.
They don't think the same way We do here in the West.

I feel that is joke, but I can not understand what is joke Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »

Lets just say I find them hard to understand,the same way I find it hard to understand why the English have to drive on the wrong side of the road. Huh? Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

For one thing, how about making the link to the Wiki easy to find.  I didn't know it existed until you posted it above
This is the problem of all the projects in unpopular genres. There is something, but not everyone knows that.

For another thing, the confusion is around what happens when DLC is updated.  Are there no exceptions to the wiki...it seems a couple people have said there were some exceptions
In case of problems with the weapon of infantry soldiers from the PLA, it is generally a glitch, and not a normal behavior. A disappointing glich which thankfully easy to fix and occurs if for some reason Zhalanashkol DLC was lower than others. Exception is an only Hi-res textures. May be you are right and need to highlight this issue readme and DLC info.

And you post above "Ugh, the screenshot in the wiki doesn't show the order I guess." actually completely confused me.  I had been using the order from the wiki then saw that. and thought I was wrong.
Krabb is a regular player like you and others, not developer and makes the wiki their own free will.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »

Sorry Krabb, but that's the first time I even knew there was a wiki for this game.
LOL The link was given three times in this thread, in the thread linked in this thread and in a few more threads.

You probably didn't know Graviteam even has twitter @graviteam. Cheesy

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 07:40:33 AM »

Making the Wiki link thread a sticky on the first page might be a good idea.... Wink

[Krabbe did you get my PMs?]  Looks like something is working now.   Smiley
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:53:40 PM by chashka17 » Logged
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »

So before this thread how would one find the wiki?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11239.0
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »

So how about someone sticking that so you can actually find it.

I think that would be a better topic than most of the 15 stickies up now.
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »

Now with this patch and Volokonovka updated, is it still patch(August) above DLCs or Volokonovka(September) over Patch?

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »

It doesn't matter.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »

I havent played APOS for quite some time and now I find myself more confused than ever by the string of updates that have come along
in my absence.

I will post some screen caps to help explain the issue I am having in updating the game and hopefully some of the guys here who have is
all working ok can help me out.

This is what my current game menu screen shows:

I then tried to install the core update - gtos_cu_581c1_eng - although it does not seem to update the game correctly as the menu still reads as per the above image.

There are so many threads with varying updates it is difficult to see in what order to install them, not to mention if a certain newer update
can be used instead of having to install all the old ones...

This is what my current GAME UPDATER looks like

Again, not sure on the order...

I then downloaded any and all updates that I have seen listed although the game updater does not recognise the files when I go to install... has anyone had this issue?

What order do I install them - I have numbered them for easy reference.

My GAME UPDATER does not recognise any of the above files......WHY???.....these are the updates are they not?

I would very much appreciate some clear and concise instructions as the current information may as well be in Russian and is rather confusing.

Cheers.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2013, 12:41:01 AM »

go No1, No3, No4, No2...

you also need to update the core patch aswell.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »

Actually JUST 2.  And 1 is optional.  the rest is old outdated now.  In the Updater set file types to show ALL.  then they will appear.  For some damned reason they are not.  Then install as usual. 

Between 3 different ways of patching, gamersgate packing their OWN way the patch files...this has gotten needlessly complex.  While it is NOT hard to actually do the patching SO long as you know the silly little things like setting file type to all. 

BUT this system DOES allow easy installing of mods.  ANd the patches are all self contained.  THey never require earlier versions.  Just need the latest and you are good. 

Yabba dabba do
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2013, 03:55:44 AM »

I had already selected the - FILE TYPE ALL - option, although when I selected one of the above listed updates it just opened Notepad and the only thing showing was   - Huh? -

Not sure if it was due to the fact that I hadn't installed a previously required update...  The 5.81 update has not shown up in the game screen as having been installed either, even
after I ran the install several times. Is this due to the order on the GAME UPDATER list...?

I have always managed to get the updates working in the past, although having been away from the game for a while now, it is a task to get the game up-to-date with multiple updates.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2013, 04:17:19 AM »

When you open this-gtos_cu_581c1_eng ,are you directing it to the program folder you have your game in?

This is the core engine and it must be added first.

the gtos_patch_aug13_rc2_eng.gt2 extension is the patch that updates the game.

I hate those gt2 extension files and I just unpack the whole thing with WinRAR and locate the core folder and select all files till the desc. appears and select that.

The 581 engine needs to be installed 1st then aug.13 patch.

That's all you need for now to update your game.

Your skin mod is outdated and won't work with the new patch.

But it is important to get the engine up and running and then the patch installed before adding anything else.

And always remember to hit the save and play button everytime you add something to the updater.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:20:48 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications

SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »

Thanks lads, finally got it working.... updated to 5.81 and then the aug13 patch...

Now to go and purchase the new DLC...

Once again, thanks for the help in getting this sorted... Wink

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »

Thanks lads, finally got it working.... updated to 5.81 and then the aug13 patch...

Now to go and purchase the new DLC...

Once again, thanks for the help in getting this sorted... Wink

You better make lots of pretty screen shot!  Oh wait...

Yabba dabba do
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 08:15:17 AM »

Is the Blood MOD by nightpostman working ok with the Shilovo DLC...?

I read that he will have to update his uniform mod, but just wanted to know if the blood mod works ok...

Also does it go at the top or bottom of the GAME UPDATER list...?

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: