Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 06:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shilovo download takes 24 hours?!  (Read 9225 times)
Hans Bernhart
Oberleutnant

« on: February 20, 2014, 03:36:39 AM »

Ordered Shilovo on gamersgate, clicked on the 'game files' and it started to download. Well I checked a few minutes later and it was DLing super slow- said '1 day' estimated time and has only DL'd about 1% of the game over the last 40 minutes!
What am I missing here? How do I DL this game off gamersgate please?
Thanks,
-Hans
BTW- new NVIDIA 780ti card and AMD PHENOM II x4 975 processor- so it shouldn't be the machine!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:44:14 AM »

Its gamersgate...  Undecided  The newer DLC's get the uber slow connection.  But it likely will not take 24 hours.  Yes it is truly stupid. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »

It didn't take me more than an hour,but still it takes much longer at Gamersgate now to download then it use to.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »

You card and CPU have little if nothing to do with download speed..it's either your net connection or something up at their end.
Hans Bernhart
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »

Well okay then! Hopefully it'll be done when I get home from work.
thanks for the responses,
-Hans
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:08 PM »

Well okay then! Hopefully it'll be done when I get home from work.
thanks for the responses,
-Hans

I just bought it as well.  Gamersgate told me it was because Graviteam doesn't support their package.  They can support the patches are supported, but something about Graviteam's installer doesn't work well with Gamersgate.

Could be a load of crap, but who knows.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:09:39 PM »

Ive never had an issue with Gamersgate, never had a download take longer than 10 mins.
And a 780ti + i7 3930k runs it a treat!
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 11:22:46 PM »

It's very annoying, hope it gets rectified in Mius.
I think to use the GG downloader the file has to be an executable so the Opstar patches have to use their secondary file server which is sloooooowwww.
When the patches come out there's sometimes a seedbox set up which is useful while it lasts and you can get them off Graviteam's server but that's just as slow as GG.
Even worse is the GG server is unsuitable for downloading huge patches so there's a chance the file will be corrupt or the download will stop prematurely.

Things that may be better in the future:  Mius might come out on steam YAY! Steam servers!    Mius might have a new executable patch system that works on GG's downloader.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 02:22:20 AM »

I think Gamersgate explanation is weak sauce!  The 1st 3 DLC's work just fine.  The ones from last year get super slow service. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:52 AM »

The only advantage GG has is that you can get the dlc's updated from there.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 08:03:33 AM »

I generally like GG.  I have found a lot of good gems off the sight.  In fact it is ONLY this issue as a consumer that pisses me off.  Gamersgate is why I have only 55 or so games bought off steam in 9 years.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Hans Bernhart
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »

You called it Flanker- the file stopped downloading at some point during the night! Will need to start over- insert frowny face >here
-Bernhart
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »

Would a download manager help with that Hans?

Bring back 3D markers!
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 05:16:16 AM »

This is crap. This is my 5th attempt at downloading Shield of the Prophet from Gamersgate. First 4 attempts download 150 or 200 odd meg and stop. This time, I get to 100% (and used a Chrome downloader extension) and it's showing "100% 33.50 kb/s approx 6 mins" - it's been showing that for the last 2 hours and if I attempt to open the rar file (814,746 KB) it shows an an incomplete file (unexpected end to archive, files is corrupt etc). This is just ridiculous. How the hell can I get this file without blowing my bandwidth cap?
WallysWorld
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 05:35:15 AM »

I just bought and downloaded Shilovo a few days ago and the download went well. However I have noticed that if I'm downloading something from Gamersgate and at the same time trying to navigate around their website, the browser does bog down during that time. In other words, I can't download and move around Gamersgate's website at the same time.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 07:08:18 AM »

I think Graviteam needs to have a serious talk to Gamersgate about this, people shouldn't have to use a slow unstable download system to get something they bought from a download only store.
Sacktime
Leutnant

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »

This is what I've noticed regarding Gamersgate.  I purchased all the Achtung Panzer DLCs this week end due to the sale.  All the DLCs that were named Achrtung Panzer..... there was a download button to the left when looking at my purchases, this downloaded a small file or app which I reluctantly executed.  The DLC started to download, the speed was what I am accustomed to, got all the Achtung Panzer DLCs in about 40 minutes.  The DLC that start with Graviteam Tactics....  Theses DLCs had no Gamersgate download app and took FOREVER to download.

Does this fix anything, nope.

But you are all correct, downloading purchased software / games form a digital retailer, one would think speed would not be a common complaint.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »

Older DLC's...the 1st 3, download fast like any software you buy from them.  With that little app that launches.  The last 4 DLC's are the slower annoying service.  I re downloaded Hooper yesterday morning, took an hour.  On the fast server would have been a couple minutes, TOPS.  If your having issues downloading those 4 newer DLC's try an unpopular time (seems to help alot) and a download manager.  In other words, pretend you are dealing with old school crappy dial up service of the worst sort.  For guys off in Southern Africa, South America, or China area I think its just going to be painful.  I forgot South Pacific area.  Sorry you Aussies and Kiwis.   Grin

OK something else.  For the 1st 3 DLC's look to see if there is a latest version link under the big DOWNLOAD button.  This should be the newest version IF there and available.  Although the latest version might ALSO be under the giant DOWNLOAD button depending on when it was released.  I am not sure of this.... As right now I am DLing Kraysnia Polyana DLC under latest version to see wtf it is.  And its the SLOW service.  So i do not know yet what version it is and all of that. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:46:54 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: