Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 08:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY do some of the the DLC's not have telephone troops?  (Read 23356 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 03:19:32 AM »

Is that before or after FB shoots the political commissar?  Vary strange that system. 

See that way there is a reason for a short drive.  Right? 

Well I think the German tanks are starting to run out of ammo shooting my guys..   Undecided

Well the back of my mind is fleshing out MY version of this...  As stated before with...

Telephone troops... they will have to be Red Army I believe as I am not modding the game LOL.  However After brief research I noticed a small number of Red Army guys WHERE apart of this unit.  For all we know, and they probably where....radio and telephone operators.  Having a guy speaking Czech to Russians probably would not work...

All troops go under player command...  No ai controlled at guns on the flanks.  That one totally screwed me.  Still would have been bad, but NOT this bad. 

CZ troops are getting more experience to start.  set to 20 is awful.  I am thinking 40 with good moral and average leadership.  Germans I am thinking 50 - 60 to reflect that a lot of these guys had been fighting awhile, while not making them over the top.  With a bit of NOT rested. 

Follow same plan as the DLC overall but some different stuff.  Like no damned 3 platoons of medium tanks popping up turn 2. 

Keep in mind I can not EDIT the current campaign.  Little things yes but not BIG  stuff really.  So it will be a remake.  But going to throw a few toys that where highly unlikely this unit had.  Like a few heavy MG.  That I will stick under non historical. 

More engineers!  Well probably add into non historical again. 

Less fooking tanks.  Yes they CLAIMED they where getting hit with the entire front worth of tanks on them...  With 2 45mm at guns I do not think they would have done much  Cheesy  The flame tanks ya.... they seem to have used something along those lines. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:16:03 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »

To dream it up happens to be quicker than I thought. As I inderstand you need info about Sokolovo 8 march. List of 6'th PzD ready for action vehicles:
Pz2 - 8 (2 or 3 were C other F)
Pz3N - 2
Pz3 - 7 (1-3 could be J (lg) otherwise L)
Pz3FL - 6 or 7
Pz4G - 10
StugF8 - 9
Marder139 - 3
Marder138 - 2
Marder131 - 5
232 - 4
250 of all modifications - 28
251 of all modifications - 25

and 18 different ac&apc which are absent in the game.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »

To dream it up happens to be quicker than I thought. As I inderstand you need info about Sokolovo 8 march. List of 6'th PzD ready for action vehicles:
Pz2 - 8 (2 or 3 were C other F)
Pz3N - 2
Pz3 - 7 (1-3 could be J (lg) otherwise L)
Pz3FL - 6 or 7
Pz4G - 10
StugF8 - 9
Marder139 - 3
Marder138 - 2
Marder131 - 5
232 - 4
250 of all modifications - 28
251 of all modifications - 25

and 18 different ac&apc which are absent in the game.

So more less what it is now in DLC.  But this was for entire 6th?  Across there whole front and whatever they had as a reserve?  What missing vehicles...just curious?  sdfkz 222? 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »

That looks like the strength for entire 6th Pz. and seems inflated.From what I understand the 6th was operating in 2 battlegroups one was fighting in Taranovka while the other swung around the west side of Taranovka to attack Sokolovo.

The flame tanks were sent as reinforcements after they were down to 6 operational tanks.

The other type of APCs were probably FLAK wagons and flamethrower mounted APCs.

FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »

So more less what it is now in DLC.  But this was for entire 6th?  Across there whole front and whatever they had as a reserve?  What missing vehicles...just curious?  sdfkz 222? 

Yes, it's for entire division. That days it was fighting both for Taranovka and Sokolovo. It is very close each to other and different troops were few times a day switched to attack either Taranovka or Sokolovo. According to Russian sources 6'PzD tanks were everywhere.

List of missing vehicles with "einsatzbereit" number :
221 - 2
222 - 5
223 - 4
233 - 4
247 - 2
260 - 3
261 - 5
263 - 4
267 - 1
250/7 - 3

FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2013, 10:42:20 PM »

That looks like the strength for entire 6th Pz. and seems inflated.From what I understand the 6th was operating in 2 battlegroups one was fighting in Taranovka while the other swung around the west side of Taranovka to attack Sokolovo.

Four battle groups on 7-8 March.

1) Taranovka (attack from North):
PzRgt 11 + Flamm panzers
II/114 (apc)
apc platoons from PiBtl 57
2.&3. batterys II/76

2) Sokolovo:
I&II/4
K6 (recon btl.)
1 coy from PiBtl57
Marders + Stugs

3) Taranovka (south-west):
I/114
2.&3. batterys I/76
1 squad from PiBtl57
Marders + PAKs

4) Art Gruppe:
1. I/76
1. II/76
III/76

Separate actions:
1 coy, 1 squad, 1 apc platoon from PiBtl57
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 05:38:52 AM »

BTW I am STILL dinking around with this old DLC.  My attempts at cheating and getting into editor by extracting bits from unpacked campaign files.. Well SOME stuff worked fine...  Others NOT AT ALL LOL.  So will have to rebuild something close to DLC.  BUT less insane.  And yes something to make it German playable.  I am in no hurry Just like the other 3 GTOS projects I have been working on the past 2 months.  In my defense THIS time new DLC came out.  Still have not finished Red Army campaign on that guy. 

AND trying to figure out how to FINALLY get longstop and Tunisia a reality. 

LOL I did somehow get the dlc -text to load right.  UGH Ya maybe editing preexisting campaigns IS possible.  Takes some cut N past and knowledge of the basic mod tools.  JUST CFG to PD and PDtocfg.  AND NOTEPAD! 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I still need to get text in there...  and finish adding in wire troops to Germans.  So far that is all I have done..   but at least with MY play threw of this camp set to unlimited battle radius was pretty much impossible to hold ANYTHING.  EI I was getting kicked off the map completely!  So need to come up with interesting compromise.... for RED ARMY and for Germans a campaign that would actually be NOT a cake walk. 

I think I will LIGHTLY stick to battle from history but hmmm get mildly creative.   Grin
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:29:27 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »

dear gawd..... rewriting all this text.... UGH!  Got all the red army guys with correct TEXT now to deal with the Germans.   Wink

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »

Work continues on this side project  Wink.  Assuming t70's where somewhat close to this area I am considering going lite tanks more than medium t34.  The T34 will still be there of course!  but less.  Like I said....going for Hollywood based on a true story NOT exact.  but I do not want to stray TO far off.

Also after talking the other day about player requests from Andrey reworking the layout of this campaign.  I WAS somewhat sticking with the shipper DLC line.  Well pretty close anyways.  Throwing the 15 turns OUT the window.  From turn 1 will now start at the recon in force of the town.  I had set up a little recce thing but likely would not have worked out QUITE as I intended anyways.

Off note....when I compile the campaign it is NOT showing up in game like it USE TOO.  files are right and it makes the folder and the file is IT in but does not show in the games campaign menu....  Cry 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »

On final little details on fb_sokolovo.  Grin  Red Army 1st.  Then I make German version.  Hopefully this works out and is fun.  Undecided  I will likely release a largely untested version in the next few days.  If anyone is brave....take it for a test spin.   Tongue

telephone troops are now in for both sides. 

Tweaked the force structure and flow of the campaign.

less tanks for Germans. 

Will require the sokolovo DLC to run of course. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 11:44:43 PM »

Sounds like fun. Cheesy
I'm in.
Can you post a screen shot of the initial set up for the campaign.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »

Well 2 snags with this right now.  One the time of op is all messed up.  NO idea why.  I set 1300 in config and it says in the editor its 8:421 or something?  WTF is that? 
And the other is it is NOT remotely exporting right for testing in the game.  That one has me confused.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »

I must have done something VARY odd in basic ODS spread sheets or something....  As to why it not shows?  HMM something simple and silly FOR sure.

Yabba dabba do
Fritz
Generaloberst

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »

Flashburn will you do only english version, or some body helps to you do russian translation?

IN TANK WE TRUST
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »

Flashburn will you do only english version, or some body helps to you do russian translation?

Was going to ask Krabb later for Russian version.  Or in THIS case can get extracted and slightly modified from DLC.   So yes.

But first need to figure out what BONE head thing I did to get campaign files to not show up in menu. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »

With some Andrey help to see that I named a file wrong  Lips Sealed I HOPEFULLY will have test version of Red Army campaign tomorrow up.  Doing some last minute checking and testing.  Little polish for this one.  Like NO briefings and little stuff.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

UGH needs more polish before I release test version.  HOPEFULLY NEXT weekend. Want to add in well thought out flag areas for tactical battles and not use so much of the random opens.  That and a few more tweaks to the unit structures.  AND MAYBE throw in a few vary simple scripts.  But not sure about that one. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: