Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 11:17:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTOS December 2013 patch  (Read 33778 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 02:26:41 AM »

I don't want them to get rid of it.
It's still appropriate for the modern DLCs.
All I'm saying is I wouldn't use it myself for the WW2 battles.
Hell I don't even play night battles I disabled that in the options menu but I still like the Dusk and Dawn hours for some semi night action with flares and glowing fires.

I'm not against night battles either it's more of a personal preference.
I still play them occasionally though for a change of pace.
The morning storm setting on the Winter maps with simple shaders enabled and shading disabled looks like very heavy morning fog.
That's one of my favorite weather themes for the game.
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 07:44:38 AM »

To last.  To actually look at the armor of a vehicle you need to look at the armor map.  Which apart from making a vehicle from scratch I do not think you can do that.  I do not remember.  LOL.  But I have made vehicles from square 1 for sabow.  The config entry represents the MAX armor of the plate or face in question.  A pz3 has addon on armor so its calculated this way.  The max armor is set to 50mm.  This tells the armor map that 100 percent white equals 50mm.  The tank and its model have the main turret and then spaced or added on armor.  So the turret face equals 50mm.  The added on plate equals 20mm.  Each one gets a penetration check and all that.   

If you looked at the armor map which is just a grey scale texture you would see white would be 100 percent and equal 50mm.  The back would be really dark grey and so forth.  So if you changed that 50mm entry to 70 or something now the rear of the tanks armor would end up equaling 40 mm of armor and the plates would now be equal to 28mm or something silly. 

OK, that was the question, I did not know if the addon plates were modeled.

Asked in the other thread, but is there any way to turn armor files back into TGA?
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

Will Mius Front require more computer power to run or is the code streamlined more?
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »

Lerch,
I thought it was only me that plays with a printed map.
I never use the ingame maps, or any icons at all.
I try to use the UI as little as possible, using instead only the hotkeys and some macros.
I use squad lock exclusively to view the combat area, although i must admit i dont use IR or binoculars either.
My games are always set to 3hrs (i wish it was longer, 4 maybe).
A compass would be great, but if youre not locked to a squad and press default view, it always points North.
So that helps with orientation. And by using landmarks (unless youre in the middle of a wood!) its not to hard to figure out where you are on the map.
This adds a massive amount to the immersion for me. And give you a good appreciation of the topography of the land.
And helps with the positioning of defencive units.
I think i could be parachuted blindfold into Taranovka and still find my way around! lol
Love this game for so many different reasons. Grin
And long may it continue.

Now wheres my map of the Mius area......
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2013, 10:32:30 PM »

I thought about using it for the modern DLCs but didn't think it was appropriate for the WW2 ones.

It is also not very appropriate to have the map show unit locations in WW2.  Did they have GPS systems installed on everything?  .

It's just as appropriate as having IR scopes. Wink

Bring back 3D markers!
Lerch
Oberleutnant

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2013, 01:28:07 AM »

Shuck,

I believe you are right--I think that NUMPAD5 orients the camera North.  Very useful.  If we ever get multi-player, I know who I want to play against!

I was wondering what program you use for macros?  I think macros are the key to playing without the UI.

I'm going to go off the deep end here off topic wise, and I hope others will forgive me:

I'm experimenting with programs that can turn voice commands into macros to simulate radios.  I already have a really neat microphone:

For example, I set a unit for group 1 with hotkey control+1.

My push to talk button plays a radio squelch sound, and then turns on the UI.

I say "come in radio one," and the voice program sends "1"

Then I say "Move order," {send M} "at grid" {mouse right button down} "facing grid" {mouse right button up}

I release the push to talk button, the program plays another squelch sound then removes the UI.

Of course there are macros for every hotkey like column or line, etc.

It is really hectic when everything is going crazy.  It is hard to speak clearly and calmly so that the program understands me.  For me it makes the game even better.  There is really no need for the new blue command level when I play this way, and I hope it never becomes permanently on.

This game is amazing.  So many different ways to play it.

By the way, I also hate the blue unit outlines.  I wish they were optional.

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2013, 03:17:51 AM »

Pretty cool, you should use standard comms though

{recieving unit} {recieving unit}, this is {sending unit}

... not that you need the sender id

Cool idea tho
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2013, 09:21:20 PM »

Wow Lerch,
That is pretty amazing!
I have a Razer Mouse and keyboard that uses its own software for macros, so no special software.
My only worry with multiplay is that you may not have the option to turn on or off certain things, ie mini map or icons in multiplayer settings.
Therefore your opponent can look at a map if things are going wrong for him and see your troop positions (ie cheat!)
But even so  multiplay is a shift in a different direction.
And i cant wait to give it a go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: