Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 10:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange "white-out" effect  (Read 3309 times)
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« on: November 11, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »

Hi all - problem here with a previously-working install (installed C:\Games) Win 7 64 bit. Replaced my monitor with a Benq which has a native res of 1920 x 1080 and last night updated my Nvidia driver to 327.23.

I set the new resolution in SF and started a tutorial mission to see if it was working. Black screen, which then started to turn bright white from the edges/corners of the screen. Effectively, wherever there was an icon (target diamond, compass indicator on top right of screen etc) this would be surrounded by a halo of white, which would then grow outward until they joined in the middle. Could hear game sounds but see effectively nothing but a bright white screen.

On quitting the mission, I could see the side menu and could sort of see a shadowed tank, but then the screen, as the image rotated, was dominated by swirling sand-coloured colours.

Weird. Anyone seen this before and possibly have a solution?

thanks

smith
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »

Most likely you have some kind of AA enabled in your Nvidia Control Panel. The game is notoriously unfriendly to any kind of AA enabled from a third party appln. using AA will often lead to graphic corruption and white screens It also seems to have a slant against Nvidia gpus.

In the 3D graphic settings use the application controlled option for most AA options.The game still looks pretty good without it.
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »

Thanks Frink - that was it. I still had Anti-Aliasing - Gamma Correction on. Turned it off and it's working now (except for cut off test at the top of the screen). looks pretty good even without AA.

Cheers

smith
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »

I thought so! Cool!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: