Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 08:12:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WIP Tutorial on getting up to speed on campaign editor....  (Read 3541 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: December 19, 2013, 04:02:29 AM »

Here is the link to a vary early leg up on making campaigns.  Putting this out there now to get comments so I can identify what and how it can be explained better.  Right now vary primitive.  But anyone that wants to take a look and leave feed back so I can make it easier to get in a better state later.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2lzwxivnut7vzvw

So again, what this is an unfinished remake of solokovo DLC.  You need that 1st DLC if you where to run in.  THere are a few quick read me files that cover basics.  You need http://www.libreoffice.org/download this if you want to open the .ods spread sheet files.  In the there is utility that converts these into the config needed by the campaign editor.  So really what this is a leg up setting up those 3 files the editor needs to run.  Also need to read the DOCS on the editor in the game directory.  As this uses an extracted modified div pool file from the DLC campaign it should give an idea how to quickly make and use unflattened ones from any campaign.  Which IMO is a real good way to learn.

Also the incomplete campaign can be run in game by running the edit campack2 file, opening the campaign in the editor and then hitting compile.  It will write it out to the game and appears at the bottom of the campaign list in game.

Right now many ?? appear for text in the editor.  Running convert should read the corrected (I think) .ods spread sheet and correct that.  However as this set up to use an existing div pool file and using the div pool file from template you need to copy paste over a file.  Which is explained in the read me's.  I HOPE. 

In closing this is a basic leg up on how to get to the campaign editor using extracted divpool file for any campaign and getting a feel for some basics with 1 problem to see if you can get it up to speed.

If you test this tut out it is WIP and I am asking for feed back to make it better.   

YEs its the same as in Santini's thread. Looking to identify the confusion.

Although I just realized I did not cover how to GET an extracted div pool file.  MIUUAHAHH Tongue  Yes feed back please
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:55:53 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »

FYI I am also working on this campaign for a release hopefully soon... FINALLY.  I totally admit it is nothing real special but has some promise.  Set up the campaign WAY more than in the leg up on the editor yesterday and played the 1st 3 turns.  Few more fixes and maybe release soon. 

Yabba dabba do
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 05:57:31 AM »

Cool cool!
If you can release it packed as well as unpacked, that would be awesome!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »

Well I fixed all the text issues.  And then broke some others.  LOL/.  Added in more flag zones to try and influence the flow of the campaign.  Some more small tweaks to the extracted div pool.  RIght now trying to play the thing and see if it will more or less work out right.  Particularly with regard to victory points.  If all that works out then I make final version of all the Text and briefing stuff. 

But ya I guess I could release the final campaign in editor.  But is not vary different from what I gave you.  from editor point of view simply more zones and flags.  BTW if you do not place those (you  do not have too) it places some semi randomly in the game.  Most of the ones named Gama or sigma etc are placed randomly by game.  Often why they sometimes make little tactical sense.  One that say farm, ford, bridge or name of a town are placed in editor.  You place the thing and then add the line from the text ods in the space for that.   Or you leave that area greyed out and I think it just picks some name. 

Did you get the mission to open in editor? 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: