Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 12:46:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTOS December 2013 patch  (Read 33780 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« on: December 22, 2013, 02:20:25 PM »

Coming soon  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »

Man your such a jerk dev.  GEEEZZZZ Tongue Roll Eyes Grin

What is new in it?    Lips Sealed

Yabba dabba do
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »

WoW!!! what a great Christmas present,

Thank you guys, "you rock" !!  Grin Grin

Happy Christmas and New Year to all

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »

Any chance you could add a "disable reserve turns" difficulty feature?

Waiting 20 hours after the start of combat for your tanks to become available is ahistorical, and quite frustrating
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »

Waiting 20 hours after the start of combat for your tanks to become available is ahistorical, and quite frustrating

If you are talking about Shilovo operation it's absolutely historical.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

What is new in it?    Lips Sealed

https://www.facebook.com/Graviteam/posts/640025326056745   Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »

Any chance you could add a "disable reserve turns" difficulty feature?
No, "disable reserve turns" it's antihistorical feature, not difficulty.
Not have any sence examine documents from the archives, count time of occurrence of units in the game. Do several iterations to clarify with the forces and actions, and then do all this off.

This is historical, in reality Germans can transport heavy weapons through Don river until the next day after the start of the offensive.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »

Are you ready for New Year patch? Check out the coming changes.

--- December 2013 ---
 1) Fix the roster of the Red Army scouts on captured APCs.
 2) Fixed some errors in the English and Russian locales.
 3) Reconfigured the chassis of the T-70.
 4) Removed thermal tracks from "invisible tanks" in IR binoculars.
 5) Snow render is changed in IR binoculars.
 6) Adjusted visibility from tanks.
 7) Fixed a rare bug with teleportation of soldiers in 0,0 position after HE projectile hits a truck or APC.

3 and 6 sound interesting.  Maybe fixes for wooden fences upending T-70s and infantry "hunting" tanks.

Bring back 3D markers!
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 06:07:50 PM »

Exhibit 1: Volokonova

Loading up the campaign as the Germans, I can see the Russian commander has available two tank units on the first turn, then 2 more 20 hours later.

When I load up as the Russians, suddenly I have to wait 8 and 24 hours for tanks.

Which is ahistorical?
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »

Exhibit 2: Shilovo

The OOB isn't the same between the two sides... are the dates different? What's up with that?

If I play as the Germans, the Russians get first round tanks, but I don't. If I play as the Russians, the Germans get first round tanks, but I don't.

Wish that was an option, or there was a simple scenario editor or something
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »

Which is ahistorical?
Volokonovka:
Well, good example...actually both  Grin

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:24:21 PM by FB_AGA » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 06:22:10 PM »

1) For "Russian player" picture in red squares not tanks.
2) For "German player" tanks placed to main area to avoid blocking but not used for AI if you dont attack them. At bottom right rifle division the same thing.

Yes Volokonovka operation if you mean it have a somthing differences. There is generally necessary to remove tanks at all, you're right.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:27:43 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »

Exhibit 3: Taranovka

This one is the worst offender:

Totally different between the two players: if you load as the Germans, it looks like it would be a Russian tank bash. If you load as the Russians, it looks like the twilight of the tiger tank.

In fact, for this scenario, it looks like it would be a BLAST to play the other side.
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »

The current scenario design makes me really really want to play the other side :-(

Oh, and as a side note: Andrey, Graviteam Tactics is hands down the best world war II game I have ever played.

I own every game and DLC, and will continue to do so, and I am always extolling their virtues to my friends and relations.

This is the series that Close Combat should have become
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »

I see what exactly should be removed - this cheat settings that allow you to look at the AI troops  Grin

Already added to plan for next patch.

P.S. Sokolovo, Taranovka and other early ops is the same thing - AI troops put at main area near border to avoid blocking. Or unrestricted actions by the player, which was not happens in reality.

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »

I see what exactly should be removed - this cheat settings that allow you to look at the AI troops  Grin

Already added to plan for next patch.

P.S. Sokolovo, Taranovka and other early ops is the same thing - AI troops put at main area near border to avoid blocking. Or unrestricted actions by the player, which was not happens in reality.

Christ, you are a sassy mofo :-)

Anyhow, that is (obviously) a difficulty setting

It just feels like in all these scenarios, the course of battle is decided well before the tanks show up for the human player. It would be nice to have some tanks for one... in fact, the reason I still load up and play the first game, Khakov 1943, is because you actually get to use tanks from time to time

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »

The current scenario design makes me really really want to play the other side :-(

Oh, and as a side note: Andrey, Graviteam Tactics is hands down the best world war II game I have ever played.

I own every game and DLC, and will continue to do so, and I am always extolling their virtues to my friends and relations.

I'd like to say about it. For AI and Player troops will stand differently. The task is not to repeat the exact location for the platoon - it is physically impossible to learn (just do not have such information at platoon basis), well if we can understand where the division was and what happened. Therefore, where there was a specific platoon or company - there are lots of options. But usually know exactly what _not_ happened - for example in Shilovo German tanks did not attack on the first day. Therefore, they do not give to the player at first day that he could not break this rule. In AI case situation is little bit different - we can stop AI and they dont break the rules. The same example in Shilovo+Russian tanks - AI stays at initial places and avoid unrestriced non historical moves from player.

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »

I'd like to say about it. For AI and Player troops will stand differently. The task is not to repeat the exact location for the platoon - it is physically impossible to learn (just do not have such information at platoon basis), well if we can understand where the division was and what happened. Therefore, where there was a specific platoon or company - there are lots of options. But usually know exactly what _not_ happened - for example in Shilovo German tanks did not attack on the first day. Therefore, they do not give to the player at first day that he could not break this rule. In AI case situation is little bit different - we can stop AI and they dont break the rules. The same example in Shilovo+Russian tanks - AI stays at initial places and avoid unrestriced non historical moves from player.

Perhaps if the duration of the scenario's were extended somewhat? It always feels like you only ever get to use a third of your OOB, and only ever the crappy parts.

Or give the player the option of earlier unlocks, or an editor for the pre-existing scenarios. Player choice is always a good think in my opinion.

I've played this game for probably hundreds of hours, and never once commanded a tiger tank - which is the reason why many of the folks that I have gotten to play only use the battle generator.

But stringing together a series of battles into a successful operation is the best part of this game, to me.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 06:30:22 PM »

Download links (for test purposes)
http://www.graviteam.com/AP-STAR/readme_gtos_patch_dec13_eng.txt
http://www.graviteam.com/AP-STAR/gtos_patch_dec13_eng.gt2extension

Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 05:58:33 AM »

Could we also get an intermediate fog of war setting on the tactical map?

Where the icons don't show if you can't see them, but the actual tanks and infantrymen arn't invisible?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: