Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 09:58:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Download links for the unoffical patch dont work....  (Read 15634 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »

Which is why I am always reluctant to purchse games online for  any of the biggies; Ubisoft(Ubiplay); EA( Origin), Steam-Valve, or Blizzard.They get all your credit card info every time you buy a game or expansion or dlc and if they lose it or some hacker accesses your details/personal info you are toast! I don't mind buying the dvds from shops even though you still need to redeem & download the game from Steam, Origin, Ubiplay or whatever.... At least my credit card info is not online to access so easily.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 05:28:13 PM »

Not much of a concern Frinik.  You aren't liable for any fraudulent charges on stolen card information, as long as you report it.  Just check your statements regularly.  Steamguard will send you an email if a log in to your steam account is from a pc that steamguard does not recognize.  If a hacker compromises your steam password he also has to have access to your email.  Hence don't use the same password for everything. 

What's more worrisome to me is that Valve was not helpful in recovering the account.  They definitely are responsible if it was hacked or was a technical glitch.

Bring back 3D markers!
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 04:38:52 AM »

That was my case also. I couldn't get any help from them even when I DID finally find some kind of contact info. Personally it left a even more sour taste in my mouth.

Good thing is that MOST new games are dumbed down crap and not worth playing anyway. So with the exception of a FEW games its not as bad to take a risk.

Most of the games I have are older and don't require steam, I find they are more enjoyable than the newer arcade versions coming out. I am sure everyone here has been disappointed with a new game to find out its been made an arcade game. Atleast I don't feel like I am missing much.....

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 06:25:46 AM »

@Tanker, I was the victim of identity theft a few years back and even though nothing was stolen from me I had to cancel my 25 years old bank account, cancel my credit and debit card and get new ones.So even if you don't lose any money there are still unwanted repercussions to hacking not to mention the stress and uncertainty that plagues you for a while every time you have to make an online purchase or use your credit card....

@ Firefly what new games are you playing that you find worthy of the cost?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:20:55 AM by frinik » Logged
firefly101
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »

Not many really. lol Shogun Total War 2 is pretty good with mods. I wanted to play Red Orchestra 2 but can't do the download yet. The other games I really don't play and wasted my money as they were dumbed down. I really don't buy any games anymore that are new, I usually rediscover old ones that I missed years ago like Steel Fury. I tried Aliens colonial Marines because of the Aliens movie, but the game was lacking and dumbed down. lol So not many is the answer....
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »

I agree I purchased classics from Gog.com like Far Cry, Far Cry 2 and Arma Cold War Assault and Arma Gold.... Probably going to try to find Battlefield Bad Company 2 ....
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:15 PM »

I enjoy Theater of War and Men of War series. Check YouTube vids before buying, might not be your cup of tea.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:20 AM »

I have Men of War along with Soldiers Heroes of WW2 and Codename Panzers 1 and 2... Nice change of pace from sims or fps .They make me feel like I am back as a child playing with my plastic toy soldiers, aircrafts and tanks.... Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: