Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 09:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Game Problem  (Read 2677 times)
gashlycrumb
Oberleutnant

« on: February 18, 2014, 12:25:39 AM »

The save game feature is intermittently not working. It's happened six times now. I can be in the deployment phase or the battle phase, I exit and save the game, but when I re-launch GTOS I'm back at the Op Phase map and have lost my set-up or battles!?! It just started happening this weekend. I'm assuming it's a bug of some kind. I'm playing Shield of the Prophet. I haven't changed anything with my game files (update image below).

When I save I get the green text message stating that the 'save was successful.' I also see a save game file in my profile directory with the correct timestamp. But when I re-launch the game I know I'm screwed when I don't see the floppy disc icon to the left of the Campaign listed in the Campaign screen - if I don't see the floppy disc icon then when GTOS loads the game I'm back at the Op Map. Again, the issue is intermittent.

The only thing I have done differently (though I'm not sure they are related) is:
- I did accidentally exit out of the battle phase once without saving and it seems the problem occurred after that
- I have also started several of the other campaigns I own on the same player account, though just to look, so I'm only on the operational phase of those games. Should I only have one campaign per player account

Any advice/help?

Thanks in advance
gashlycrumb
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:19:18 PM »

I wanted to figure out what actions caused a saved game to disappear so I did a bunch of tests. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone else, but here's what I discovered, based on a single player profile:

- If you change some of the game options (not sure exactly all of the settings that this applies to), for example 'show or hide FPS,' if a red check mark at the bottom of the game setting interface lights up then your save game will be lost. See image below - the contextual text that pops up when you mouse over the red check mark does explain this (though of course I had never bothered to read the text :-) So be careful about playing with some of the video settings after you start a campaign.

- If you launch another campaign, whether from a DLC or in the base game, even if you only look at the OP Map/Briefing, when you return to a campaign that you have a save game for, that save game will be lost. I'm not sure how multiple player profiles affect this.

- Saved games do not seem to be affected by enabling or disabling DLCs through the update menu

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:22:16 PM by gashlycrumb » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: