Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 12:24:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission: Dust in the wind (M5A1 "Stuart")  (Read 16962 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 16, 2014, 07:07:39 PM »

This mission devoted to the tank, which was a long time completely out of SF. We need to recover him and prepare for the action!

Scenario of the mission is pretty much the same as it was Smiley
1. Attack the "Abandoned village" and expel the enemy.
2. Repel the enemy counterattack.
Some words about history: German troops is about to attack Tobruk, that's why they captured  the "Abandoned village", which is a very important stronghold to compile the forces for the future attack.
There is a movable British strike tank-group, which has the order to attack village and expel the enemy, thus ruin the German attacking plans.

British forces uder command Captain Neil McKenna is about to attack!

PS
Actually, I'm not sure that British armors has "white stars".

Here is a standalone variant:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/b3zhdPIjba/01_dust_in_wind.html

Recommended installation:
1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. Sound Mod (NTA) 1.1
3. SPM (NTA) 1.8
4. Mission_Pack_3.x
5. AprUpd_2014
6. Weather Africa (optional, but highly recommended)
7. Dust_in_wind

Features:
- all radio-messages are fully voiced

Thanks to: Frinik, O_Smiladon, Tanker, Txema, Will1973, Woofiedog, YL9961027
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:47:17 PM by Krabb » Logged

Provocative signature removed
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:48:16 AM »

Perhaps a more fitting desert Stuart look

The mission looks fun, is there any intel on expected opposition? Smiley

Also, I can't see which weapon the Brit SMG gunners are using, but if it's a Sten, oughtn't it be replaced by the Thompson, at this stage in the war?
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:06:43 AM »

Looking forward to it!

Are the earlier shermans in already, I was just thinking of all the tanks needed for 43 desert.  We already have most of them.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »

Perhaps a more fitting desert Stuart look
Agree. This is good camo, but let's make mission on the base what we already have.

The mission looks fun, is there any intel on expected opposition? Smiley
U mean intellect? This is a script, which does - triggers and time.

Also, I can't see which weapon the Brit SMG gunners are using, but if it's a Sten, oughtn't it be replaced by the Thompson, at this stage in the war?
This is a first-time mission for the British side. Let's see, then apply a fixes. I may say that units has both: Thompson and Sten.

Are the earlier shermans in already, I was just thinking of all the tanks needed for 43 desert.  We already have most of them.
There are many armors missed, but we're not in hurry  Wink And I think buildings, gates, trees etc has more effect for the atmosphere, than just adding another techniks.

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »

U mean intellect? This is a script, which does - triggers and time.

I meant to ask what enemy units we were going to see, as in which tanks/SPGs... ? Smiley
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:17:36 AM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »

I meant to ask what enemy units we were going to see, as in which tanks/SPGs... ? Smiley
If u mean roster/line up of the techniks, then here it is:
German:
- mortars, 37mm AT gun, 75mm howitzer, trucks, MG-34, Fiat, APC 251/10, 251/1, 251/9.
At the high balance there will be added more stronger techniks.
British:
- M5A1

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 10:27:47 AM »

Dust in the Wind???Isn't that the title of a song from the 70s?" All we are is dust in the wind "it goes I think....
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:13 AM »

Dust in the Wind???Isn't that the title of a song from the 70s?" All we are is dust in the wind "it goes I think....
Yeap Smiley
Kansas "Dust in the wind"

I'll try to dub this song on the video.

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

Nice nice, it should be a fun and balanced battle, going up against those odds

Pz III and/or IV(?) on higher balances will probably be a bit on the masochistic side, but a challenge is always welcome Smiley
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »

Nice nice, it should be a fun and balanced battle, going up against those odds
This balance will be on the 4-6.
Pz III and/or IV(?)
Yeap! U got the point! Smiley

And I've managed to start the mission. Of course, it doesn't work properly, but at least u've the choice to shoot the bricks Cheesy There are some screenies:

PS
All pictures made with AAx4 and a new effects by Flanker15.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:08:44 PM by lockie » Logged

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »

Looking great! I can feel the adrenaline already! Cheesy
Tsohg76
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:11 PM »

Wow Cant wait to play!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »

I was about to finish the mission successfully and cavalry(`Mosquitos`) was coming, but this one got me  Cheesy

As u can see mission started at the early morning and lasted to afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:30:41 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »

Here is a video before mission d/l:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/0UC9qMFDce/dust.html

And here is a background image:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:11:36 AM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »

And now we have a historic text for the mission! BIG THANKS to our great writer - General Frinik!
Here is a draft text, which subject to proofreading and director's cut Wink

12 November 1942, in the wake of the their defeat at the second battle of El Alamein just in November 1942 Rommel and his Afrika Korps are in full retreat. Rommel, desperately short of fuel, wants to make a stand at Tobruk to prevent Montgomery and his 8th Army to eventually link up with the Americans who landed in Morroco just a few days before. In order to receive supplies required to build up his forces in Tobruk, the abandoned bedouin village of Sidi Khamsin, half-way between Tobruk and Gazala where supplies from Italy are being offloaded, has taken an important crucial role. The Village, abandoned after being taken and retaken at times by Germans and British in 1941-42, commands access to the    costal road linking the 2 cities. It is held by elements of the 15th Panzer. Lieutenant-General Bernard Montgomery, recently appointed Commander of the British 8th Army, fresh from his important victory at the second battle of El Alamein is determined not to give the "Desert Fox" a rest and avoid repeating the back and forth of the last 2 years of the North African campaign. He wants Tobruk to fall quickly as he knows Rommel is short of fuel, supplies and armour.   
Captain Neil McKenna, a man whose reputation for quick and decisive action has been forged several times against Germans and Italians, has been hand picked by Monty to lead the strike and wrest Sidi Khamsin from the Germans.
Summoned by Monty to his HQ McKenna was briefed by and told "... Captain McKenna, I need a chap like you for a very delicate and may I add decisive action against the Germans. I don't want a man pussy-footing and agonising over every move. I need you to go behind Jerry's lines and grab an abandoned village more than 40 miles behind enemy lines. This is a rather awful task I am burdening you with, limited supplies and forces, little time to accomplish your mission, no reinforcements. Don't count on anybody but yourself and your own resources. Also I am afraid you can't say no to the assignment. Now that the unpleasant news have been delivered I can give you some good ones. A Squadron of Mosquitoes    will provide air support to help you repel any German counter-attack and if you carry out that mission successfully    I can predict a very promising future for you under my command. Now let's take a look at the map and pore over the  details of Operation Dust in the Wind shall we?".
McKenna, at the same time shocked and thrilled by Monty's trust and daring operation had asked why "Dust in the Wind", Sir?
Monty had answered, because I want you to be like of those desert storm: "quickly lifted by the wind they swoop down on everything and over you from head to toes before you have had time to react!".\n
McKenna was allowed to personally select his men for the operation - battle hardened veterans of 15 months of bitter fighting against Germans and Italians. He was promised with five American M5A1 Stuart light tanks. The Germans he was told only had light armour and small calibre AT guns and MGs.

P.S.
"Sidi Khamsin". Khamsin is a wind from the Sahara desert which blows sand storms and hot winds in Egypt. Khamsin means the 5th because it blows in May the 5th month of the year.\n

Also, I hope to put in the mission a fully voiced radio messages Wink

PS
Finally, I've managed to finish the mission successfully at the balance #2  Grin
Recommended is balance #5
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:43:57 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »

First try to put in the mission a voiced radio message Smiley
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/j5h6wnhtu76tkod/speech_05.wav

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »

I'd be pleased, if someone will check out Sdkfz 251/10. Seems it goes without tracks Huh? That's ridiculous or I've a bug.
I deliberately shot the wheels of APC and... it didn't effect at all!  Shocked

Still no luck at the balance "5" Sad

PS
Mission is ready and now has alpha status. Mission included into April_Update_2014. At this moment mission doesn't has fully voiced radio messages. If somebody wants to try it, then PM me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:51:57 PM by lockie » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »

Mission is ready! U may d/l a standalone version:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/b3zhdPIjba/01_dust_in_wind.html

Recommended installation:
1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. Sound Mod (NTA) 1.1
3. SPM (NTA) 1.8
4. Mission_Pack_3.x
5. AprUpd_2014
6. Weather Africa (optional, but highly recommended)
7. Dust_in_wind

Thanks to: Frinik, O_Smiladon, Tanker, Txema, Will1973, Woofiedog, YL9961027
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:43:15 PM by lockie » Logged

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »

Hi Lockie
have just replied to your PM - sorry, did not notice I had a message until today - but the reply is not in my Outbox. Hope you got it.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »

Hi Lockie
have just replied to your PM - sorry, did not notice I had a message until today - but the reply is not in my Outbox. Hope you got it.
I got it Smiley Check out PM.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: