Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 05:48:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AI and other issues  (Read 3784 times)
KurtTank
Major

« on: May 25, 2014, 08:47:03 PM »

A couple of things I've noticed over the several years playing the game and setting up scenarios:

1. When setting up a defense zone in the editor, tanks and men usually don't stay put in the zone they are supposed to defend. Some tanks even back completely off the visual map and just sit there! They also sometimes advance when they are supposed to defend a zone.

2. The Tiger VI occasionally doesn't respond to orders to move or go forward, placing it at a disadvantage while playing. I've been killed many times this happens.

Thoughts?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »

1. When setting up a defense zone in the editor, tanks and men usually don't stay put in the zone they are supposed to defend. Some tanks even back completely off the visual map and just sit there!
THATS TRUE Smiley But there is a trick how to force units to occupy the defence zone. Before/near(or inside) defence zone, u've to create a pre-defence contour, ie "pre_zone_01". And give order units to move to the "pre_zone_01", then command "take defence positions." In fact, units already have defence position and they just will define more precisely personal/local contours of the "defence zone". U may take as example mission "dust in the wind", where British soldiers takes defence positions.

They also sometimes advance when they are supposed to defend a zone.
That's a problem also. I may recommend to give command "ambush" after "defence" or even setup trigger "repeat ambush until victory/fail/event".

2. The Tiger VI occasionally doesn't respond to orders to move or go forward, placing it at a disadvantage while playing. I've been killed many times this happens.
I think u didn't check feature "always obey orders". Sometimes members crew scared and didn't want to obey order, ie driver doesn't want to go/loader to load shells/gunner to shoot.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »

Sometimes members crew scared and didn't want to obey order, ie driver doesn't want to go/loader to load shells/gunner to shoot.

We desperately need HimmelsfahrtKommandos in SF to punish any AI that shows cowardice.... 8)
KurtTank
Major

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »

Funny! Thanks for the input, I'll try the strategies.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:21:08 PM »

If you play with the mission editor try to set the morale and experience sliders at the maximum level. It helps make the AI a bit more aggressive and a tad clever... I also noticed that set the BB round value from 6.0: to 3.0; in the tech_cfg folders reduces the tendency of the AI to drown into rivers or lakes....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: