Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 05:24:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple installs?  (Read 4553 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: June 18, 2014, 04:28:11 PM »

How do I make multiple versions of the game?

Do I have to make separate installs of the base game and then add the mods I want or can I just copy and paste the game folder to a new location and rename it and then adjust the mods?

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »

That' s what I do and I have been doing for 4 years now. Just copy your game install it into another partition and simply rename the folder ( NTA1.8 April version 2) .I have 13 installations on 3 different computers/laptops and most are copies of the original game. I keep 2 or 3 on an external hard drive to make fresh copies if needed. The only time I have done a fresh install since 2011 was when Lockie released mod NTA 1.8 all inclusive. It works very well for me whether with vista or win 7 even in the C:drive but don't put it in program files or program X86 just in documents or downloads.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »

Ok I'm having trouble with getting the NTA 1.8 to act right.  Why did you do a fresh install for that particular mod?

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »

Particular mod it's just for the personal convenience. It doesn't matter where to u install the copy of the game.
I've two installations:
- Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942
- 02_Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942

First is for my personal use. Second is for testing at the default settings. I.e. when I need to make a test, I simply rename the folder:
Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942 -> 01_Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942
02_Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942 -> Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 06:57:23 PM »

Why did you do a fresh install for that particular mod?

Because I tweak my installs. i.e I do what Lockie finally did with NTA 1.8 I copy and manually paste all the files from the new mods or updates into my game main folder until I have no mod enabled other than the weather ones. Thus whatever new mod come up is consolidated into my game main folder. Makes life easier for me but in the short term it's painstaking work. Which is why to avoid any conflict with NTA 1.8 - which itself is an all inclusive mod - I decided to go for a fresh install.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »

Yes this would work, just copy your steel fury folder, and insert somewhere else and it will work Cheesy Back in my old computer i had 7 different versions made that way Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: