Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 07:26:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mooding - Several questions 3D models  (Read 12876 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 07:35:45 AM »

Thank you!

I dont remember panda exporter but isnt there an option to choose: Make Y up, or something similar? If yes then no need to rotate your model 90 degrees.

Also, a few tips for better armor protecting and less buggs, The hull for example. Should be totally clean, remove all lights, skirts, toolboxes and so on. Same on the turret. Later on you add them as removable parts that got shoot off when hit anyway Cheesy
A good way is to remove all details and decorations, add them as a new object and call them for example d_decoration and d_head_decoration.

But you seem to have understand the concept and hierarchy for the game! I have high hopes for this Cheesy Good luck!

Ps, im thinking of getting back to mod sabow aswell Ds.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 09:19:16 AM »

it's best to have them present on phys model, because all items present on visual model need to be in physical lod level as well. if visual lods have d_plate, or d_box, physic lod must have them too.

i just test few things. tank can move, commander looks around, turns out, hatches working. almost everything is fine. but one problem, gunner doesn't fire. he moves turret around to see. ammo and gun are correct.

this part has totally stumped me. and i cannot see pattern, which is frustrating. the other vehicles have values such as "false, true, false, 0,10,1.5" etc impossible to tell what these numbers correspond to.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:22:56 AM by johncage » Logged
Bisharrako
Hauptmann

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »

It is possible tutorial or videotutorial for export?

I have tank model ready for export ... but I have doubts on how to perform the operation ...

Seria complicated explanation?

I promise to create video tutorials for everyone from the beginning to the end when you get objective. Wink
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »

i just use default settings for panda exporter plugin for 3dsmax. except i use binary, not text file type.
Bisharrako
Hauptmann

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »

Ok Jhon...

Questions:

0.-Every part of our model have to convert a * X? ...
example:

d_wheel_01 -> converter to * X
turret -> converter to * X

Or select all complete model?

1,.To export where to place the * X all parts of the vehicle? .... Root folder? ... Users?? or is indifferent?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:31:58 PM by Bisharrako » Logged
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 09:02:50 PM »

there is guide in the docs folder of the game called mkmodel, it's a pdf file. a lot of these issues will be covered. there can be maybe 40 different model parts on a complete vehicle, so converting all of them into separate x file just isn't going to be efficient, and they have no hierarchy. you need to just read that document, it explains the hierarchies and naming.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: