Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 06:16:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any progress on Map mods?  (Read 8063 times)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 10, 2015, 03:29:22 AM »

Hey guys, it's been a bit haha. I seem to remember a few attempts at porting GTOS maps over to SABOW being moderately successful on the Russian forums. Is there any update on this or no

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 06:13:02 AM »

Hey guys, it's been a bit haha. I seem to remember a few attempts at porting GTOS maps over to SABOW being moderately successful on the Russian forums. Is there any update on this or no

Never heard about this.   My attempts ended in fail.  But apart from the needed assets from config, meshes, and texture I would think whatever the switch in the code is.  And good luck finding that.   

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »

Hmmm the one map that I can see this maybe working is the larger GTOS hooper map.  That is nothing more than a slightly bigger SABOW one.  That would be quite sweet!  Hell, I would pay 5 bucks for a ported GTOS hooper map (and needed up dates to campaign) over to sabow.  Although I am sure a crap ton of people would complain over such.  But if it helped fund something else for the game, well why not. 

What I would NOT want to see is current Shield of the Prophet map ported over.  For sabow it needs major land form changes on open desert, even if not realistic as that open desert is flat and any battles there in SABOW would be over in about 2 minutes of stupid.  The desert in the southern Basra DLC is freaking great, places to hide and maneuver.  It actually sort of looks like the area around Basra  ( and A LOT of Iraq).  Its not quite right, but its is not that wrong either.  But only been around Basra once.  And my number 1 memory was getting the base I was staying on for a day get mortared. Oh, and HOT British female soldiers...  Undecided And the only time I got curry in a chow hall.  And NO coffee for breakfast.  Angry

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 02:09:49 PM »

It looks like I am way behind the curve.  I may have to look back into the taking gtos stuff and dumping it in sabow.  Vehicles as AI was never an issue.  vary straight forward to do.  But now guys since what ever Andrey changed in code to make it easier ( or I am just stupid on this stuff) have some of these vehicles playable in game.  Mean while, I still dont know what the heck changed.  I do know that I am in no hurry to try the basic working interiors after the months I attempted that years ago.  Never could get anything fully working at even a basic level.  Close, yes, but not there. 

Now, guys are getting some GTOS maps in?   I feel like the slow kid in school.  At least I figured out how to bring in models for ai.  I guess I am not that stupid. 

And am sitting on this neat little jeep model that is like 90 percent done and also has a higher poly "interior".  Ok so its the dash board.  But its a freaking jeep. 

Now, is it a good idea to try and port gtos content into SABOW?  Does this help or hurt graviteam...  Although it certainly tells what some of the long time users want.   

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »

HMmm well now.....

this does not seem to be that hard.  Guess what I just tried...  Although my game crashed out after getting into a new bit of Angola in my shiny tank.  Now as to what caused it...

Its not stable.  And crashes.  Something is clearly missing.  But manually copy and pasting over GTOS hooper map into sabow polygon folder has surprising results in quick battles. For a little bit anyways.   Tongue

Wonder what happens if you just install the hooper dlc into sabow.  ..LOL.  

WHERE AM I!  

I think its something missing with ai path finding that is crashing game.  Missing some real important file.   So long as no AI try's and move and you take driver spot, you can drive about.  Most logical for this are modern GTOS DLC maps.  I think yes, you probably can get it to work with ww2 eastern front stuff.  But will need to make sure all those files containing everything is in sabow as well.  Which sounds painful.  I think I will try and figure out a larger Angola map however.  And ya, shield of the prophet is about the same as hooper map in game.  I have no idea why this is working now.  I did nothing really different a couple years back.  Huh? Huh?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:46:05 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »

Screw all that copy and pasting crap.  GTOS Hooper DLC installs fine into SABOW.  And I have NO idea why this works now. Does not mean you get a campaign that works.  But you do get the map.  Which WAY bigger than default sabow Angola map.  I am guessing Shield of the prophet also works.  Its campaign probably is playable.  This totally DID not work a little while ago.  Remastered sabow seems to changed a few things.  

now I am going to go update my back up gamersgate version just in case this some fouled up version.  And I do not know how or if this is stable.  It certainly is new and crazy to me.  And I am going to be goofing around with this.  

NOPE not stable.  That is hooper DLC in sabow. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:11:48 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »

Been thinking more about this.  The fact that you can copy paste over an entire polygon from GTOS (modern ones much more trouble free) and it will run for anywhere from 1 second to about 3 minutes before crashing.  I think it must be 1 stupid file it needs out side of the polygon map bits.  Only one I know that is outside but effects maps is the season config.  Need to unpack all this crap and take a peek.  It really sucks it crashes without reporting error messages.  But that GTOS hooper map screams to me to make a campaign for...

If anyone out there has figured this out PLEASE let me know.   Wink
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:55:35 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 04:19:18 AM »

I can't seem to find the post now (or the forum for that matter  Huh? ), but someone had brought a winter map over to SABOW and it looked like the perfect beginning to a Cold War scenario lol

Crimorogu
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 11:55:55 PM »

I am guessing Shield of the prophet also works.  Its campaign probably is playable.  

I just tried this, you can deploy but pretty much as soon as you do, it crashes. I only tried this in the Soviet campaign but I assume the Iranian one would be the same. Also, any battles where you don't have T-62s auto resolve and generally in ways less favorable than they would (hopefully) be if you were actually in control of your units, as in Graviteam Tactics. Would have been pretty cool if it worked though.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »

If you plop down a static AI enemy and 1 playable tank in qb and take driver spot, you can drive around forever without crashing.  Ai try's to move it crashes. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: