Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 07:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little confused after starting the first campaign  (Read 4761 times)
Rangoon
Oberleutnant

« on: October 27, 2015, 02:32:08 AM »

I finally began a campaign - the first one in the list, Iranian. I've done basically all of the tutorial/single missions, so have the basics of the simulator down, and have played GTOS enough to understand the command functions.

So I completed the first mission, having traversed the entire perimeter looking for the targets, all enemy forces destroyed, no losses, all areas captured and feeling great. Then, I hit "EXIT" thinking that seemed logical to leave the mission and carry on. Except it exited to the desktop and apparently didn't save the battle results. Okay, lesson learned (or forgotten, as the case may be). First of all, what was I supposed to press - Save and Exit (probably would have been a better choice, obviously, over Exit) or something else better still?

Further, I've started the mission again, except this time it seems my tanks won't follow my commands to move in a line to the first waypoint. They just sit there. I'm the lead battalion tank. And I'm spotting enemy units in the night vision optic, and designating targets. The gunner is acknowledging but not engaging. I order to move forward, spot more targets, designate each in turn, but no engagement. I manually load the round, give the order to fire...nothing. Move forward, give the order to fire...nothing. I hand everything off to the gunner, with all orders set to fire at will etc., but still nothing.

Did I break the campaign AI or something when I exited after the battle? Or is this just normal behavior somehow that I never noticed the first time around?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 03:47:30 AM »

Exit of course, does just that.  Its just like GTOS.  Take a cease fire, offer a cease fire, or wait till the timer ends.  If they are not offering a cease fire it means they still have major hardware out there somewhere. 

Night battles can be strange with gunner.  Well foul weather too.  You may see the target, but the gunner for whatever reason does not.  In these cases I just take over gunner or over ride depending on tank.   Actually I think ai spotting at night and bad weather was toned down at some point. This effects ALL AI.  Soon as things start shooting your blind gunners start seeing things and blast away.  Good weather in day light pretty much the only reason this happens is the there is no line of sight for gun.   Susangerd campaign is pretty much all bad weather now.  I think to prevent the kill everything across the map 2 minutes after start.   

Yabba dabba do
Rangoon
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 04:08:06 AM »

Exit of course, does just that.  Its just like GTOS.  Take a cease fire, offer a cease fire, or wait till the timer ends.  If they are not offering a cease fire it means they still have major hardware out there somewhere.  

This was after the mission ended. I was reviewing the map, then back to the stats, and hit Exit <face palm>. I had 100% of territory, 100% enemy killed, yet the mission result was a Draw! Who knows....

Night battles can be strange with gunner.  Well foul weather too.  You may see the target, but the gunner for whatever reason does not.  In these cases I just take over gunner or over ride depending on tank.   Actually I think ai spotting at night and bad weather was toned down at some point. This effects ALL AI.  Soon as things start shooting your blind gunners start seeing things and blast away.  Good weather in day light pretty much the only reason this happens is the there is no line of sight for gun.   Susangerd campaign is pretty much all bad weather now.  I think to prevent the kill everything across the map 2 minutes after start.    

Gotcha, thanks. I just need to figure out why my tanks aren't following my orders, but it seems I can usually jump start them by just reiterating a forward command. Just lose all my pre-planned routing.

EDIT: Ah, now I see - the only proper options to keep the results are "Operation" and "Main Menu". "Save and Exit" is greyed out. Well, I'm assuming Main Menu would also save the results...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:04:25 AM by Rangoon » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:50:26 PM »

"Operation" is your best choice I think.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: