Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 09:26:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimod 2.1 for Basra dlc out.  (Read 44017 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »

Almost success.  The radio is slightly off.  But after 3 hours of stupid, I do not care right now.  Just needs to get finished up with LOD's and a missing texture channel.  Need to revisit the old M1 helmet soon.  It needs a hair net, I mean that yarn the Iranians sometimes stuck all over there helmets.  I would call it camo netting maybe, but no, it looks like yarn. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »

Ok, radio now with a hand set.  Wonder what it looks like in game.  

Oh, got radios to most troops now.  For some reason can not get them to show up on Iranian frogmen.  Going to have to get around to making a GTOS version of this.

Ok, that's done.  Vary mini mod-esk.  

Krabb: Fixed screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:37:08 PM by Krabb » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »

It seems rifle grenades range in SABOW seems to be around 50 meters.  The real energa was like 3 times that. With the rocket assisted Super Energa with claimed effective range of over 300 meters.  Now if anyone is tracking this thing, should I leave as is or tweak things up to get a longer range like the real deal?  One of the really cool things about this game and GTOS is that shells are modeled down to weight and explosive effects of their real world counterparts.  As such, I input all the real world data, but the game refuses to fire the thing at ranges longer than 60 meters.  Since these things are lobbed more mortar like than rifle like, I think the game says no on getting a rifle to go to the right angle to fire.  BUT... I can either lower the weight to get longer range or cheat and make it rocket assisted.  Now should I?  usually I would go with real world data.  In this case I am worried about game balance.  I don't think we want a rifle grenades with the range of RPG's.  Or maybe we do.  That is the question.  And why I did not model a super energa 75mm grenade.  Those things where crazy.  Packing almost the same punch as early model RPG7 and rocket assisted to boot. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 07:45:24 AM »

Well, everything in mod seems in order.  Only 2 things as issues.  Rifle grenades are not centered on rifle bores.  I can get it centered on either the G3 or FN fal but not both. =(.  For now will get it centered on G3 and then figure out something.  I may end up making a super energa rocket assisted 75mm for Iran and then giving the 73mm version to others.  This would solve that.  

The other maybe issue is I built around BAsra DLC.  Do not know if it will run without.  Need to check that.  

Any rate.  On course for tomorrow to release the thing.  Should allow a slightly more challenging Basra DLC 2nd play threw.  Well, if your tactics are solid.   Cheesy  Otherwise....  

Hmmm Basra DLC will not disable in steam version for me.  Well i know it DOES work with it.   Undecided
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:45:48 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »

This is probably next weeks project.  Finishing this thing.  Now that texture was me color matching (badly) back in March.  But the model is quite IMO good.  But having a real hard time just releasing my 1st class work.  I think that is one reason why they sit in limbo.  This is more like my portfolio work and quite frankly scared about jack asses ripping them.  Is that crazy?  Need to come to grips with this on what I want to do.  Thoughts?  I know we are a real small niche within a niche.  But quite alot of time went into this thing as well as that su2 or what will be that flak 18.  Well just whats going threw my head right now.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 06:53:10 PM »

Chasing around the little fugly paint job one around the Basra map.  The M38a1C with its m40 recoiless rifle should be interesting.   

Ok, back to fixing stupid dumb rifle grenades. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 11:00:46 AM »

if anyone out there can point me at the commonly used Warsaw pact radio of the 1960-1980's let me know.  I know nothing.  For now everyone gets a PRC 77 low poly.

Great Work.

As for the radio, in the T-62 , we have tank radio R-123(1970).
For example , BTR - 60PBK has two radios R-123 and one field radio R-148(1975 ?)

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/yaroslavl_r_148r14p_14.html

In Afganistan and Chechnya, soviets used R-159(80'-90').

I'm looking forward , because I think that the Iraqis , they used a French and Italian equipment too
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »

Thanks! We now have an idea for minimod 2.2.   Tongue

Indeed Iraq was running some French gear.  Ran across AMX10's apc's in a vehicle grave yard. As well as many others.  As far as Italy.  I do not know personally as to what.  

Really wanted to get this minimod 2.1 out today.  Its really close, still trying to fix rifle grenade issues.  But only have about 20 minutes before I need to split for the day.  Stupid rifle grenades. Had to make a new G3 entry in weapon config to get guys with more than 1 grenade to not fire them at 550 rounds a minute.   Tongue  If it works I need to do the same with FN-fal...or maybe not.  If this works, rifle grenades will report correct numbers for the squad in UI.  But now will no longer have magazines.  Just a lot of ammo.  AS this effects vary few troops I think is acceptable.  If it works.  

Only partly worked.  Ok, maybe soldiers with more than 1 grenade is just not realistic with current build of game. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:48:56 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 11:05:42 AM »

Thanks! We now have an idea for minimod 2.2.   Tongue
Indeed Iraq was running some French gear.  Ran across AMX10's apc's in a vehicle grave yard. As well as many others.  As far as Italy.  I do not know personally as to what.  

No problem Flashburn. I still waiting for you mod, promises to be very good for expanse equipment.

Agreed , they used AMX-10, Panhard M3, ERC 90 Sagaie, AMX-30, AMX GCT 155 mm and others ATGMs and aviations.

Ok , I found...  Italian four section whip antenna for PRC-638 VHF Transmitter-Receiver made by IRET in 1980s.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30005437

Other captured radios from "Operation Desert Storm:
PRC-439  BCC-349  TRA-906  TRA-967  R-143

Iraqi Field Radio IRET PRC 439

Thanks to you , I became interested in radio communications in SABOW. Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:09:33 AM by Andres87 » Logged
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »

You may also be useful in the future to version 2.4 Grin

M38A1 fitted with Type 63 rocket.

M38A2 BGM-71A TOW-II

M38A1 with M40 RCL

M151A2 MUTT (early version of M38 & M38A1)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »

With Iran and jeeps its a muddled mess. 

They had the M38a1 and then the Korean copy of the M38a1.  Vertical grill is US one.  Horizontal is Korean.  Then the FORD mutts, which from photos I do not think they had that many.  Always some version of M38 in photos from war. 

The multiple rocket one I have been considering.   Tongue  Its short ranged, silly, and be impressive as heck to watch fire in game.  This could work as an AI pocket artillery piece. 

The mini mod I am finishing up right now.  Just config tweaks, that radio, rifle grenades, more ammo for infantry, some new classes (although not all needed) for updated old campaigns, operations Safari that does work (it was more test than a campaign).  So the minimod 2.1 should be done vary shortly.  Just found a stupid bug with Cuban forces and radio so going threw everything again.  But tested a ton with Basra DLC and that works. 

The jeep I have no idea if or when I get working fully.  I am not after AI vehicle, but playable.  And config for cocpits is extremely confusing.  As I only got playable m113 test rig partly working years ago and full of crashes I am not that optimistic. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »

Another thought.  

Beyond the fun of manual gear shifting the little bugger around sabow maps, the recoiless version I think would be quite FUN to try and kill tanks with in ambush.  The next best thing to being IN a tank, is hunting tanks.  But for me the BIG thing is that now you do not need a tank to control AI forces in battle.  SO no more auto resolve in some cases.    

And the .50 cal version is able to kill BRDM2 and BTR60's pretty well.  So it opens up new possibilities IMO in game play.  

Just do not expect to live threw these things.   Tongue  No armor protection.  If i can get it to work.  Which I am putting off. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:16:05 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2015, 03:18:19 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/?ya9blbi2illlcb5

Minimod 2.1  

Sort of a mild test.  I THINK it works fine.  If someone without basra DLC can try to use Iranian Airborne troops and let me know what happens would be nice.  My steam version refuses to disable the DLC.  Was not able to check.

To install open games updater.  Navigate to wherever you saved it.  Click on it, a clock should appear.  Hit save and play.  The go to battle editor.  PLOP down some Iranian frogman (they have NO rpg's so you can get close) drive up to them and see what happens.

Well if you dont have basra DLC.... above may be an issue.  HMMM how about Unita infantry then. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:27:49 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »

I have GamersGate versions, turned off Basra and install minimod. When I wanted to give orders to Airborne troops for move. Crash... Critical error
001: An error has occurred while initializing the program. Undecided If DLC is active it is all OK.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:47:24 PM by Andres87 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »

Ok what I thought.  Make a non basra version too.  

I think it will only be Iranian airborne troops that cause the crash.

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 05:06:57 PM »

With Iran and jeeps its a muddled mess.  

They had the M38a1 and then the Korean copy of the M38a1.  Vertical grill is US one.  Horizontal is Korean.  Then the FORD mutts, which from photos I do not think they had that many.  Always some version of M38 in photos from war.  

BTW. Thanks for the explanation of the difference in M38 types. Just that I didn't know.

About minimod, FAPLA and Cubans work ok. I tested infantry and support.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 06:23:19 PM »

Ok thinking about minimod 2.2 now.  

Need a Russian made radio for sure.  Off to a great start there.  I am STILL looking for a photo of an Iranian 37mm marsh mortar.  Perfect for Basra DLC.  Larger mortars in marsh areas caused them to bury themselves in mud when fired.  Hence why Iran made this thing.  Now THAT would be a cool feature for game.  Large mortars that sink themselves on bad ground.  How to do that?  Well anyways, if anyone has a photo of an Iranian marsh mortar please post!  

Need to tear apart either old campaign crescent moon (my personal favorite but only downloaded like 180 times in 3 years) or Dystopia which all versions ended up hitting close to 1000.  So probably working Dystopia into sabow remastered and its needed custom units into minimod 2.2 is what I do there.  I don't even remember how Dystopia rolled.  Just remember the modded in Unita t62 tank.   Tongue  So not memorable for me.  Ah well, its logical.  If only a way to get bigger map from GTOS hooper...  Huh?  Or play around with settings of old angola map.  

Oh...once and for all....camo net Iranian helmets.  

BTW, I take suggestions for small model like things (gear or weapons...not vehicles for this).  That is how the M1 style helmet happened long ago.

Figuring out how to handle the Iraq PRC posted above by Andres87.  Looks more like a shoulder bag with a radio...  HMMM>... 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:44:50 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

Working on a hotfix for folks not running Basra DLC. 

It works I think.  But for crazy reason helmets location on heads are crazy.  Really weird. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »

Take some photos of IRET PRC 439

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/26015-won-this-off-of-e-bay/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423549539928306667/

Still looking of 37mm mortar and field radios. Maybe there will be a some photos, where the Iraqi soldier uses it.  

I found , also an interesting forum of Iraq military history - http://z3.invisionfree.com/Iraqi_Militaria_IMF/index.php?act=idx. This Is Not An Advert.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »

Do my Iranian helmets fit on head right?  Or my version just went insane.

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: