Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 04:48:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimod 2.1 for Basra dlc out.  (Read 44022 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »

Take some photos of IRET PRC 439

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/26015-won-this-off-of-e-bay/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/423549539928306667/

Still looking of 37mm mortar and field radios. Maybe there will be a some photos, where the Iraqi soldier uses it.  

I found , also an interesting forum of Iraq military history - http://z3.invisionfree.com/Iraqi_Militaria_IMF/index.php?act=idx. This Is Not An Advert.

So that radio certainly looks like a shoulder bag.  Interesting.  Pain in the rear end to carry far.  I think we can do that.  No way to model shoulder strap right.  But attach to side of model is possible, if extremely a pain in the ass. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »

Do my Iranian helmets fit on head right?  Or my version just went insane.

I did not notice it. hair protrude through the helmet . Sorry , do not fit

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:01:48 PM by Andres87 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »

thanks.  then I broke helmet location.  Must have screwed up this entry in config when I was placing grenades right on G3 rifle.  Have to fix.  DAMNIT!  IS why I tested for so long to avoid this sort of thing.  

ANd minimod 2.2. I am tweaking those textures on radio more.  Compression to game did not go as well as it could have.  Looks WAY better in 3dmax uncompressed. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:04:31 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »

Will have fixed version  Angry up in a few minutes. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »

Still looking of 37mm mortar and field radios. Maybe there will be a some photos, where the Iraqi soldier uses it.  

I found , also an interesting forum of Iraq military history - http://z3.invisionfree.com/Iraqi_Militaria_IMF/index.php?act=idx. This Is Not An Advert.

So that radio certainly looks like a shoulder bag.  Interesting.  Pain in the rear end to carry far.  I think we can do that.  No way to model shoulder strap right.  But attach to side of model is possible, if extremely a pain in the ass.  

Yup,  I thought it might be a little problem with that. Maybe it will be easier to make a  backpack model of soviet / warsaw pact radio.
And I ask you whether it is possible to put more than one model of field radio for : Iraq , Iran, Cuban , SADF etc ?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:17:50 PM by Andres87 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »

So that radio certainly looks like a shoulder bag.  Interesting.  Pain in the rear end to carry far.  I think we can do that.  No way to model shoulder strap right.  But attach to side of model is possible, if extremely a pain in the ass.  

Yup,  I thought it might be a little problem with that. Maybe it will be easier to make a  backpack model of soviet / warsaw pact radio.
And I ask you whether it is possible to put more than one model of field radio for : Iraq , Iran, Cuban , SADF etc ?

Sure.  its just making the things and making entry's for radioman.  As I found with PRC77.  It does not take long at to make model.  Its the getting it on the right place on soldier.  i do not have access to model with locations of dummies used to attach things.  So I have to do it the HARD way.  Which is slow and awful.  But totally possible. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »

OK uploaded fixed one with right helmet locations.  Same link.  No more hair helmet.  Or there should not be. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »

Now , it's correctly. No more hair helmets Smiley

I read that you have added smoke grenades, RGD-2. They are included in this version ?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:48:17 PM by Andres87 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »

Now , it's correctly. No more hair helmets Smiley

I read that you have added smoke grenades, RGD-2. They are included in this version ?

Yes.  Most commanders have smoke grenades.  Alas, they will never use them to conceal themselves while under fire.  Infantry can not do such in game, at least yet.  BUT.... if any vehicle gets close, they will most likely throw the smoke at it.  Sometimes at enemy infantry too.  RGD-2 smoke gets thrown around 20 meters out from commander.  The rifle fired one seems to be around 60 meters.  I could not get the rifle fired grenades to shoot longer than 68 meters no mater what I tried in in config.  Old Sabow I was able to get rifle fired smoke grenade to launch out to 300 meters.  Which is certainly possible IRL, but silly in game.  

Plop down a command group, like company commander or above and drive tank close.  Things should start happening.   Tongue

Where the infantry can get close to tank, like in middle of Basra map, or Angola, those smoke grenades can be surprisingly effective.  I was shocked the 1st time I was smoked out and could not see a thing in tank.  It allowed RKG-3 carrying soldiers the window to blow my tank up.  And it looks cool having smoke around here and there in battle.  

So it can help enemy infantry.  But it can also help yours too.  If you set up ambushes with your infantry or if they are watching a cap zone, or covering a flank, these might help them survive an encounter with armor.  I thought they would be worthless when I made them.  Not so much.  Usually worthless, but at times really good.  Who would have thought?  

Now if only a way for them to use the smoke when taking fire...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:10:43 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/?0rsxamcm2o8o265

This is a potential hot fix for minimod 2.1 WITHOUT basra DLC.  I can not test it do to steam not letting me disable this DLC for some unknown reason. 

It needs to be above minimod 2.1.  It removes references to units of Basra DLC and changes models of Paratroopers back to their old one.  And thats all this does.  Only use if NOT running Basra DLC.  If you are running Basra DLC, it will disable most of the new toys for Iran.   If you run this mod and then buy Basra DLC, uninstall and trash this hot fix.   

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »

I'm still wondering when you're going to break and add the AH-1 and all their TOW glory Tongue

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »

I'm still wondering when you're going to break and add the AH-1 and all their TOW glory Tongue

Not exactly my call.  Well i guess it could be. 

And no TOWs.  That thing was an AH1J international gunship.  Not the best mesh either.  Its 20mm cannon, zuni and 2.75 rocket fun.  Although Iran did do a crazy ass modification to fire maverick missiles.  Caused structural problems.  But for game would SUCK to be on receiving end.  1 hit, even near miss and your done.  Anti tank zuni rockets are bad enough. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »

Anyone had any problems with the mini mod 2.1?  Like crashes or weirdness? 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »

Where the infantry can get close to tank, like in middle of Basra map, or Angola, those smoke grenades can be surprisingly effective.  I was shocked the 1st time I was smoked out and could not see a thing in tank.  It allowed RKG-3 carrying soldiers the window to blow my tank up.  And it looks cool having smoke around here and there in battle.  

Me, do the same. Getting the smoke to hide and then threw grenades. The tank crew was shocked and ran away, of course they had shot them.

Anyone had any problems with the mini mod 2.1?  Like crashes or weirdness?  

For the moment nothing is happening. Everything works well. I playing with Karbala DLC.

Flashburn, you are planning to re-add a further 3 new and even vehicles M106a1 self- propelled mortar , m113a1 with recoiless m40 rifle and m113. On you great old mod  Smiley  ?

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »

For sabow probably the only reason I would return to the M113's is if I figure out playable vehicles.  With the M106, no nation used them in the game.  BUT>... Iran did have the mortar that the track carried.  So might do that as a mortar. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:55 PM »

You're right, I was a little entangled . Iran used only M113A1 and M113 ?. I'm curious what options with which weapons they used.

Yet I found a version with ATGM :

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:52:58 PM by Andres87 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2015, 05:52:07 PM »

I have seen no pictures of recoiless rifles mounted to m113 for that war.  But I find it nearly impossible to think no one ever did it.  The mounting point is built into an m113.  So you have an m40 and you have an m113 its simply unbolting a panel and mounting it in.  I am shy about a TOW equipped anything in SABOW.  It is vary powerful and easy to use and hit things.  I have fired exactly 1 real world.  It is simply better than pretty much every other AT missile in game.  A solid hit from a TOW and the tank is done.  The smaller sorts like dragons, milans, AT3's you can survive a hit.  The warheads are much smaller.  Tow, no you are not.      Is it possible I make one.  Sure.  But I do not think it the best idea. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2015, 11:09:00 PM »

If anyone gets strange crashes with minimod 2.1 let me know.  Post OUT folder to forum.  There *may* be an issue.  Probably a missing ; or something in one of the configs.  Just started showing up for me where the game crashes out with the out folder full of missing audio fragment garbage.  Seems to fill up the error message till it bursts.   Undecided 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 12:08:26 AM »

Think I found this intermittent crash bug.  Expect another minimod fix soon.  Looks like minimod 2.2 will be a bug fix.  Cry

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2015, 08:05:21 AM »

Thinking next mini mod will get a little ammo "bunker" to replace gaz 66 and m113 supply vehicles.  More of a ammo supply point with a bunch of sand bags.  Simple fast thing that might be fun to blow apart with a tank gun.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: