Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 01:09:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug? Player-side Chieftains will not move/attack.  (Read 7570 times)
33lima
Oberst

« on: November 12, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »

They look (and sound) great...

...but they won't move - see here (posting this as a bump and for a more explicit title):

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12411.0

Any ideas, anyone?

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Frenzi
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 11:50:11 AM »

I've just done two quick meeting engagements on Shilovo to test this, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I managed to get my Chieftains where I wanted.

I'd make sure to have the game patched to the latest version, or maybe reinstall the game altogether. Other than that, I have no clue what the problem could be.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »

Thanks - I will have another go! So far the only time I have got Chieftains to move is the Afghan map with no enemies, so maybe I am missing something. Having got the game just a couple of days ago from Steam via Bundlestars, I think she's up-to-date; the last enabled item in the Game Updater table is 'Game Update 4.08' and I can't find a later patch for Steam versions.

Edit - checking the main menu screen, it says I'm on version 5.81, Jul 15, so I think that's up-to-date. Tried again on the Sokolovo map, mixed force of M113, M60 and Chieftain platoons; the US kit moves off smartly, but with identical order types, boththe Chieftain platoons creep forward a few yards then stop. Changing order type between attack and move does not get them going. Weird.

Edit - finally got the Chieftains moving in Shilovo...

...but they were slow to make a start and very slow to move when they finally did decide to get cracking - slow even for Chieftains. Heck, the Chieftain in this clip at 6:32...

...is moving faster backwards! Also they moved very hesitantly. Checked that time compression was at/about 1.0. There is a BIG difference in speed and orders response time between M60s and Chieftains in the same terrain, in a similar tactical situation and with the same commands - is this what you are seeing. Frenzi?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:22:39 PM by 33lima » Logged

Frenzi
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 12:43:12 AM »

The only difference I see is that Chieftains move slower in reverse. No difference in forward movement speed or response time.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 01:24:21 AM »

Thanks! The Chieftains still seem very slow to me. But I'm getting used to it!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:25:53 AM by 33lima » Logged

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 04:16:08 AM »

Thanks - I will have another go! So far the only time I have got Chieftains to move is the Afghan map with no enemies, so maybe I am missing something. Having got the game just a couple of days ago from Steam via Bundlestars, I think she's up-to-date; the last enabled item in the Game Updater table is 'Game Update 4.08' and I can't find a later patch for Steam versions.

Edit - checking the main menu screen, it says I'm on version 5.81, Jul 15, so I think that's up-to-date. Tried again on the Sokolovo map, mixed force of M113, M60 and Chieftain platoons; the US kit moves off smartly, but with identical order types, boththe Chieftain platoons creep forward a few yards then stop. Changing order type between attack and move does not get them going. Weird.

Edit - finally got the Chieftains moving in Shilovo...

...but they were slow to make a start and very slow to move when they finally did decide to get cracking - slow even for Chieftains. Heck, the Chieftain in this clip at 6:32...

...is moving faster backwards! Also they moved very hesitantly. Checked that time compression was at/about 1.0. There is a BIG difference in speed and orders response time between M60s and Chieftains in the same terrain, in a similar tactical situation and with the same commands - is this what you are seeing. Frenzi?

I have 5.81 Sep 15 if you're talking about SABOW.

Bring back 3D markers!
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 07:03:48 PM »

I mean GT:OS, Tanker, where I can see more closely what Chieftains can do, when I'm actually commanding platoons/troops of them, instead of working with or shooting them in SABOW!

Come to think of it, I seem to remember that Chieftains moved very slowly and hesitantly in SABOW, too; not surprising as they are likely the same model/data files. At the time I thought they were just moving cautiously as they crossed in front of my T-62, but in GT:OS, they seem to creep forward all the time. They do seem really too slow, the going can't be bad in all the maps I have tried them on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: