Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:55:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: re: 1,2,3 bad game; 4,5,6,7 average game; 8,9,10 fun game  (Read 9879 times)
davidx
Hauptmann

« on: April 15, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »

hello,

I have time to play a game of Tunisia 1943.
With recent game modifications, I acquire a 10 side dice from of my old school game drawer. I roll, compare rolled value to above table and determine the level of enjoyment for my graviteam game experience. Wow, that is fun.

I used to  enjoy the operational layer complexity, by intentional design or unintentional design, which linked it the tactical game battles and results. A review of GTOS by rock, paper, shotgun, said it best about your system.

Tunisia and I assume Mius, appears to be moving to a lowest common denominator level simplification, Fun initially, boring quickly. That magic that use to exist between operational and tactical is lost. Worse, is the developer's arrogance that once kept a unique game, unique, is now telling me how lazy programming and feature implementation is so wonderful.

It's graviteam game, and it is just a game, and ultimately your business how you handle it,  but can these changes be implemented in the game options?

On steam, a comment said it best, I paraphrase, "Stop using Agrippa Maximus  YouTube video" for your game's inspiration. They may be occasionally entertaining, often able to assist in determining, if you would not be interested in a game,  but otherwise quite shallow in gameplay.

david

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:36:57 PM by davidx » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 07:21:05 PM »

hI used to  enjoy the operational layer complexity, by intentional design or unintentional design, which linked it the tactical game battles and results. A review of GTOS by rock, paper, shotgun, said it best about your system.

Tunisia and I assume Mius, appears to be moving to a lowest common denominator level simplification, Fun initially, boring quickly. That magic that use to exist between operational and tactical is lost. Worse, is the developer's arrogance that once kept a unique game, unique, is now telling me how lazy programming and feature implementation is so wonderful.

In Mius and Tunisia, the same principle of communication between the operational and tactical phases is used as in the GTOS.
At the same time, in Mius and Tunisia, the system is much more complicated and diverse than in the GTOS.

In the settings, you can choose any options for both control and complexity.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:41:14 PM »

hello,

in "defense" tutorial all units are marked in the colour red as arrived. They may not be moved. Does that not somewhat remove the purpose of the defensive tutorial? That could be a bug?

I understand the problem, how to transition units from operational to tactical. Attacking units may not always get a chance to setup, especially when ambushed. How to translate that easy qualitative idea to a quantitative algorithm?

Personally, i liked the operational chess level, with the tactical battle provides some non-deterministic results. I think there are better operational games, there are better tactical games,  but the are none better than your game when blending both.

Likewise,  experimentation is fine, but why should i start a 25 turn campaign when at any instant the game may change significantly or worse, wont load my past save game?  Putting changes options could allow continuity. Of course game rule option should not prevent the loading of a prior game.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 11:17:12 AM »

in "defense" tutorial all units are marked in the colour red as arrived. They may not be moved. Does that not somewhat remove the purpose of the defensive tutorial? That could be a bug?
Yes, this is a bug caused by the problem of docking scripts for training missions and deployment phase. Will be fixed in the next update.

I understand the problem, how to transition units from operational to tactical. Attacking units may not always get a chance to setup, especially when ambushed. How to translate that easy qualitative idea to a quantitative algorithm?
This is the rule of the game. If you did not move in the unfolded formation, and got into battle, you can’t move. There is no quantitative element at all. Binary split only.

Likewise,  experimentation is fine, but why should i start a 25 turn campaign when at any instant the game may change significantly or worse, wont load my past save game?  Putting changes options could allow continuity. Of course game rule option should not prevent the loading of a prior game.

This is a complex philosophical question akin to taking an umbrella or not, if there are clouds in the sky. I have no answer to it.

The game does not break the operational saves, so all that you can lost when updating this is tactical savegame, if you have not completed it. I do not think that this is a global problem.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: