Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 12:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Warriors: T-72 Tank Command mod by Gastello  (Read 2022 times)
tanker69
Leutnant

« on: December 28, 2021, 06:25:08 PM »

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12114.0
Is there any way to get this mod functional with English version? Because I want to play with English subtitles. I don't know Russian so that's why I'm asking.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 12:20:23 AM »

I have this issue too since unzipping the Gastello mod into a copy of my original install. The main menu (with Game, Settings, Credits etc) is in English but the in-game menus - eg for the 'statistics' review and to go back to the main menu or exit to Windows are in Russian. I'm also not seeing the little on-screen English text translations of the Russian verbal commands, like 'slow down', that used to appear on the left of the screen in-mission, which were useful.

The new tank models and other improvements are very good, and the author of this FB page has made many additional missions, tho they are no longer hosted on battlefront.com: https://www.facebook.com/T72BalkansOnFire/?notif_id=1642424984440561&notif_t=page_post_liker_invite&ref=notif

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:29:00 AM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 10:27:23 AM »

Another problem I have seen is that in SOME missions (eg campaign 'River' mission) I cannot bring up the normal gunner's sight (TPDK-1), the mod having improved this to add the range drum and red loaded warning, as below.

Usually, Page Up/Page Down cycles between available sights. But in some missions, in the gunner's station, the only sight I can access is the night vision one.

Page Up/Page Down cycles between an IR illumination on or off version of this sight ('off' as below) but does not cycle to the TPDK-1.

In other missions eg Gunnery training, the TPDK-1 is the default sight for the gunner's station and Page Up/Page Down DOES include it when cycling through available sights. From a quick look at the documentation in the Mission Editor, I do not see anything which enables this to be varied. And it seems to make no sense to have a version of the T-72 with the default gunner's sight disabled.

Any suggestions welcome.

EDIT - just got an answer via the T-72 IW FB page - apparently the TPDK-1 (and dozer blade) are unlocked by progression thru campaign missions!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:41:03 AM by 33lima » Logged

33lima
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 02:52:23 PM »

Still looking for answers to the OP's question but have to say I'm really appreciating the sense of operating the T-72 in this sim.

I've played a lot of tanksims and with the possible exception of SABOW, I don't think any other delivers such a solid feeling of operating a tank. The detail is impressive, especially now that the Gastello mod has brought the models, visuals and some other features up to the high standard of the original dev team's work on the tanking side.

Just driving around the firing range and getting the feel of all the controls and systems is engrossing and fun.

On the move:

At rest:

Backing up after firing the smoke dischargers (I don't think there's diesel exhaust injection smokescreens):

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 02:58:21 PM by 33lima » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: