Graviteam
April 30, 2024, 07:50:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Mission has been your favourite so far?  (Voting closed: March 25, 2011, 02:56:49 AM)
Mission 1 (Welcome to the Front) - 0 (0%)
Mission 2 (The Big Uglies) - 1 (50%)
Mission 3 (Hedgehog at Potatopov) - 0 (0%)
Mission 4 (Darkest Before Dawn) - 0 (0%)
Mission 5 (Over the River & Thru the Woods) - 0 (0%)
Mission 6 (Battle of the Flea-bitten Village) - 1 (50%)
Mission 7 (Hell's Mud-Way) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unscientific Poll About my Home-made Missions.  (Read 24610 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »

Kyth did you post your poll on the Sukhoi Avia forum? I suspect quite a few people there may have played your missions?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 03:28:12 AM »

And the front-runner is still 'Battle of the Flea-bitten Village'!

I hope you have updated your version, an earlier bug made it unexpectedly easy! It's not supposed to be a laid-back relaxing experience, but a tough (enjoyable) time like all the other missions!

As for everyone else, please try to contain your excitement!

But keep those votes coming in,  Tongue

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 03:56:05 AM »

What bug?Huh??What do you expect in a FLEA bitten village anyway?Huh?

OK Kyth; are you saying that anybody who has the skill, the talent, the masterful strategy and tactical genius of Alexander the Great and manages to win your mission the first time is just a lucky smurf who benefited from a bug?Huh?? 8)

No I haven't got the new version but I don't need it all I need is for you to tell what needs to be changed in your mission script and I can do it.

Cheers

The forum is quiet these days.Did you read about John's new rig ?He sure is serious when he says he wants to upgrade....

BTW what kind of specs do you have Kyth?

May be to entice voters you can offer a free mission to anyone who votes????Be a politician Kyth make promises you can't possibly keep and spend money that ain't yours to spend in the first place... Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 04:27:43 AM »

What bug?Huh??What do you expect in a FLEA bitten village anyway?Huh?

OK Kyth; are you saying that anybody who has the skill, the talent, the masterful strategy and tactical genius of Alexander the Great and manages to win your mission the first time is just a lucky smurf who benefited from a bug?Huh?? 8)

No I haven't got the new version but I don't need it all I need is for you to tell what needs to be changed in your mission script and I can do it.

Cheers

The mission script is fine; you'll need to change the 'apcg_places.engcfg' file; it's prevented the AI from mounting up the Sk251/10.

More details:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1086.75

BTW what kind of specs do you have Kyth?

May be to entice voters you can offer a free mission to anyone who votes????Be a politician Kyth make promises you can't possibly keep and spend money that ain't yours to spend in the first place...

I have the latest and greatest! (From a couple years back that is  Grin)
John makes a good point about XP vs Win7, it probably doesn't hog the system as much. And, I think my current 8600GT still trumps his 8400GS  Smiley

Lastly, I promise that every vote will be more welcome than spam... Wink

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:46 AM »

A GS 8400?Huh? Your news are old Kyth now he 's got a monster card read below:

Just bought a Gigabyte HD 5870 with eyefinity dont think i can run steel fury with 3 monitors. Got a Core i7 should be able to get decent frame rates with your battles. Thanks for your encouragement.  Cheers

He ll bury your 8800 Kyth! Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »

Heh heh

If your read further down his stream-of-consciousness ramblings, he mentions his old/existing card is the 8400GS.  Lips Sealed

Anyway my philosophy is 'it doesn't matter what you have, it's how you use it'  Grin

Same with tanks too,

Heh heh

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »

Hehe Kyth we are being a naughty boy now aren't we Cheesy

Well I am sure John  is going to put his to good use .....

Your 8400gs is what 512 mbs of ddr2 memory???You can' t do too much with that Kyth???  I guess you can play SF at max 1268 X 768 res with details at medium and 2AA or 1024 X 724 with max details and 2AA?

How about upgrading? In your plans,
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »

Too busy coming up with something new.

I think I've outdone myself with the next one! Even I can't beat it 100%  Shocked

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »

You mean a new and unwinnable panzer III mission? Shocked
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

Kyth and Frinik

almost 1500 views on my thread not bad for a rambling man Kyth. Will vote later on after more info.
Got to fix number 6. You wont believe i put in my new video card and played t34/85 mission got disappointing frame rates about 30 etc going out and buying win7 64 bit. I have to find out the hard way what works in this game. B in L complaining he was trying to chase enemy out of the mission area and got spanked  with mission failed yountalked about this before would like to figure out how to access all the tiles in the map within reason. Yes Frinik youve given alot and id like to somehow repay.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »

I may say sincerely, I didn't play all the missions by Kyth. The reason is simple - I prefer a missions when the soviet unions wins Wink

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 12:13:21 AM »

I prefer a missions when the soviet unions wins

Cheesy

Okay, fair enough, I'll be giving your new mission a try, and clobber the panzers for a change  Wink

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:15:50 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 04:13:52 AM »

You mean a new and unwinnable panzer III mission? Shocked

Frinik,
I must assure you, they are winnable  Grin
Bold & daring leadership, a good sense of timing and lots of good shooting will win the day!

played t34/85 mission got disappointing frame rates about 30 etc going out and buying win7 64 bit. I have to find out the hard way what works in this game. B in L complaining he was trying to chase enemy out of the mission area and got spanked  with mission failed yountalked about this before would like to figure out how to access all the tiles in the map within reason.

JohnN,

30+ fps framerate is disappointing??  Huh? What is your standard? Sounds pretty good to me, for gameplay, that is,

About the mission area, it's delineated by the line of 2-dimensional trees, they're painfully apparent. The game also gives a helpful toot and warning message when you stray too far. AI is not limited to the mission area! Might be better to just let them run away,  Cheesy that's generally considered a victory,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »

may say sincerely, I didn't play all the missions by Kyth. The reason is simple - I prefer a missions when the soviet unions wins 

Well Lockie all you have to do is rashly attack with your Panzer IIII at the beginning of the mission and get shot to pieces.8)

John you are disappointed with fps of 30????I play most of time between 15 to 35 and the game still plays smoothly.As for the out of mission are thing usually it's the infatry that flees the mission area you just try killing them with long range HE shots.It's kind of fun turkey-shoot... Grin

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:56:03 AM by Kyth » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:23 AM »

Now, now, be nice to each other,

Sorry about that Frinik, but I left in the useful bits  Smiley

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »

Hey everyone,

Looks like the race is heating up!

'The Big Uglies' is challenging 'The Battle of the Flea-bitten Village' for top spot! With one vote each!

(Is it because of those unusual names?  Huh? )

Keep those votes coming in!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:29:22 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »

Hem Kyth what I said was in jest! I wasn't attacking Lockie which is why I added the May God protect us from the Godless Atheists part .... Huh? I'll make penance and put a red carnation on Stalin's tumbstone( used to be at the Kremlin not sure where it is now).

Funny the Big Uglies was my least favourite.Although I must say your mission number one was pretty , pretty good...

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »

heh heh

Frinik,

Just doing what a moderator's got to do,  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »

Kyth how and when did you get appointed Moderator exactly? ???I missed that one....

I swear from now on I ll preach unrequited love for all the Red-loving, Bolchevik-leaning, T34 addicts of SF Cheesy
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 02:01:27 PM »

Must have been some kind of mistake I got 'deputized'

But a good mistake,  Grin

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: