Graviteam
May 01, 2024, 10:25:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T-34/85 and tiger  (Read 15815 times)
norm
Oberst

« on: January 31, 2010, 10:42:25 PM »

I saw at the Russian side of the tank sim sight, and saw a mod that adds a few new tanks to the game. Does this work with the English version? Will it be made to work with the English books.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »

Norm, all the mods made by Stone 2009 and SHUN(WYH) are compatible with both Russian and non Russian versions of Steel Fury. I have the Tiger 0.98 mod and the T34/85(there are 2 mods) installed on my computer.They run fine.Of coruse they may change your menu from English to Russian but even for that there's a fix( you have to go in a game folder where you can change the default language back to English.
peashooter1
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »

The Tiger Mod 0.98 includes the T-34/85 mod, the T-60 Mod and the IS-2 mod, their missions and campaigns, so you do not need the T-34/85 mod activated in JSGME at all. Also if you activate the Unofficial Patch SF 0.1 eng after you activate the Tiger Mod 0.98 in JSGME your GUI will change back to English with no ill effects on SFK42.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »

Can one of you please do me a favor and upload them to some other sight? I cant download from ether of the one they have. Never mind , but just in case how do I change the menu to English in the files? Huh?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:00:45 AM by norm » Logged
JD
Oberstleutnant

Злобный модератор

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »

You can do, as Peashooter1 said - just reinstall unoficial patch 1 over  the game with mods. It should help.

"Я не боюсь врага, чьи латы сверкают." - (c) Оксенфорд
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 12:00:01 PM »

Peashooter it's true that the Tiger_0.98 (lates version) now includes the T34/85 mod but there's also another T34/85 mod made by Stone 2009 which consists of 5 missions called Sobolevskyii District.That one is not compatible with the Tiger_0.98 mod and one must be disenabled for the other to work.You can also use patch 0.1 to get the menu back to English but I read somewhere in this forum that there is another, permanent way to change the default language.

Norm you can download the Tiger_0.98 from the tanksim.org.ru website.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »

Thanks a lot. I am loving it. are there any more missions I can get for these wonderful new additions? Or can you direct me to some mission making tutorials? also, I don't know if any of you have any contact with the makers, but is there any intention to fix the fact that the tiger is to large. I built a model of a tiger I and know the crew members are not that small in comparison.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:02 AM »

Norm you can contact Stone 2009 adn WYH(SHUN) on the Sukhoi.ru forum which is dedicated to flight sims it's called AVIA and has a thread dedicated to tank sims mostly to Steel Fury.The page is in Russian but you have on the upper right an autmatic translate into English. You'll see numerous threads including one called Stone 2009 mods and another called Grasidova or soemthing in whcih you have download links and discussions. I am sure you could field your questions/requests to Stone 2009.However you'll have to wait until the 7th(Feb) as the Sukhoi.ru forum is undergoing changes and is temporarily unavailable.

Re missions making tutorial read older threads of Steel Fury on this forum(Graviteam) and you 'll see a thread dedicated to modding and there's even a video showing how to make new maps, missions etc.

Lastly, I don't think there are plans to make the Tiger snmller.Nobody has complained and I personally don't see it as to big...But if you feel that ti's the case you can always go to ther Sukhoi forum in 3 to 4 days and mention it to Stone2009.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »

Ok thanks. The size thing I noticed because I had the model right next to the computer so when I saw it I was like "wow, that i to huge!"
Fercyful
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:12:49 PM »

hey frinik glad to "see" you here!  8)

Norm if you want you can download the cockpit for the T-34/85 (I use it with the Tiger 0.98 mod) enable if AFTER that mod...

I upload it to a mirror becuase the sukhoi forum is offline for the moment...

screen...

http://xs.to/share-D43C_4B69FD3D.html

download it here...

http://www.4shared.com/file/214590624/aefd85f0/T-34-85_COCKPIT.html

enjoy!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 06:20:08 AM »

Hi Fercyful,

I installed the cockpit mod that you recommend on the subsim forum. It's very nice. thanks I am enjoying looking at my mannschaft at work now. Grin

Cheers
Fercyful
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »

Hi Fercyful,

I installed the cockpit mod that you recommend on the subsim forum. It's very nice. thanks I am enjoying looking at my mannschaft at work now. Grin

Cheers

hey! glad you like it (nothing more that play at work!  Grin ) hope they do the same for the Tiger... and all the other tanks!  Tongue I know it have to be a hard work...

please frinik can you tell me the exact version of your "T-34/85" MOD with the "Sobolevskyii District" missions. I have one here but it has the stock campaign but with the T-34/85 replacing the 76... I downloaded my version from "tanksim.org.ru" and sukhoi forums are still down until feb 10 for search the one you have... please if you can upload at http://www.4shared.com/dir/27091310/a905a36e/PUBLIC.html (is like a virtual hard disk) I will be very happy to can play in the new district! Wink (any compromise of course!)

cya!  8)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 08:11:09 AM »

Hi Norm, I tried accessing the download link at tanksim.org.ru but ti says due to an internal error unable to access the site!!!!I hope it's only temporary because this where I get most of my SF mods. The Sukhoi.ru forum should be up and running (hopefully) tomorrow so I'll see if I can get you the link.Otherwise I am not sure if I can have it otherwise.

Let's wait until tomorrow and see!!!

You can play those mission either with the T34/76 or the T34/85. there quite challenging(2 night missions, 2 day mission and 1 with heavy fog for the first half)

Take Care!

I'll post you tomorrow.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 09:04:22 AM »

Sorry for being dense Fercyful I did not realise Roll Eyes Roll Eyes that you wanted me to upload the mod on the link you provided! Roll Eyes

There are actually 2 mods the original Sobolevskyii district mod wuith the T34/76 which you had to install into the user-made missions dating back to July 2009.Then in September Stone 2009 substituted the T34/76 for the T34/85 and instead of being in the user-made mission it went straight into the campaign menu as Sobolevskyii T34/85.Is this the one you want me to upload?BTW, both versions are similar consist of the same 5 missions only difference is where they go in the game menu and the tank model.

Please advise

Cheers

Frinik
Fercyful
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:36:30 PM »

any problem frinik!!   Cheesy thanks for the nice explanation... now I undestand better how Stone order the missions... just send you a PM at subsim forums...  Wink
norm
Oberst

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:17 AM »

a small problem i am having which i hope you can help me with, is i cant get the North Africa mod to work, i have tried in a second install, any advice?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 06:56:16 AM »

Norm, are you talking about the desert mod or the 3 missions that come with it?
You have to install the desert mod first.It's not a mod properly speaking in the sense that you won't find it in your mod enabler. Also it does not change the stock game of SF.Except that you will see that your German players in the regular missions now have tan-coloured vehicles and uniforms rather than the feldgrau they used to have( At least for me).

The desert mod is not like the winter mod an all encompassing mod that changes the game.So if you don't see any changes in the stock missions other than those described above so don't be alarmed and conclude that it doesn't work. You need that mod in order to install the 3 user-made missions that have been made. The Road to Sidi Rezegh, Afrika 01 and Tobruk 2.Later on that mod may be expanded and perhaps may become more encompassing but right now it's on the back burner and only offers those 3 missions( you'll find them in the user made missions when you install them.

Hope this answers your questions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: