Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 03:38:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demo First Impressions  (Read 4423 times)
kip
Oberleutnant

« on: February 08, 2010, 10:09:57 PM »

Hi,

Firstly…  as you will have guessed I do not speak Russian… thus have only mastered a tiny number of features in the demo… also… have tried all the more serious wargames out there but only keep Combat Mission and the Take Command series of American Civil War games on my hard drive.

Right… impressions…

Environment…
Stunning.. Smiley.. The graphics, the modelling, the animations, the textures/uniforms, the lighting, the sounds… the dog barking..Wink Truly great… ! Congartutlions…

Interface..
Looks great and easy to use… but only understand a very commands and features so far as I clearly do not understand any of the text. But looks like it will do the job very well.

Game play…
Well all I can really say is that due to my very limited understanding of the features and commands I can do very little… can move infantry and such not really anything else… but still… the environment is so sunning, so seemingly realistic looking and sounding that even just waiting and watching is fun, tense stuff…

Camera control…
Like to way you use the mouse wheel, nudge/scroll the map edge…. But do not the like the way camera movement has “momentum..” added to it… so you nudge the screen side and the camera seems to pickup speed the longer you scroll for…. I can live with it though and will no doubt get used to it… but am not a fan of it…   

May I ask… is there a mission editor… no need for a map editor as it is so huge and beautifully built no map editor is needed nor possible. But some form of mission editor will eventually be needed if you wish to build up a following over the long-term.. Remember the military history nuts that use the mission editors feed the less demanding users with missions and build up a long-term following..

When I put my experience of the demo together with the videos you have produced the overall impression is hugely favourable… looks like your game will make it on to my hard drive next to the only other two games I rate… Smiley.

Congratulations to all who made the game… hope there will be many more in a series… Wink

All the best,
Kip.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: