Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 08:59:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Air attack  (Read 7859 times)
DeutschRitter
Oberleutnant

« on: February 28, 2010, 04:42:20 AM »

How or in which Scenario can I order an airstrike? In some scenarios I have the "Luftrichtschützen" Unit (I dont know the english translation; I have the german version of the game), the unit who has the "Ju-87 Formation x 3" ability but in the tactical mode it says "formation x 0" and also it can not order some Stukas. The Units who has the "Battery" ability has it always in the tactical mode and can order an artillery strike.
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »

If you have Ju87x0 it meens that airstrike is unavailable cause of bad weather conditions (fog or snow)  or dark time.
DeutschRitter
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »

If you have Ju87x0 it meens that airstrike is unavailable cause of bad weather conditions (fog or snow)  or dark time.

Yes, you are right. thank you Smiley The game is awesome...
SSPEIPER
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »

I am playing the first German operation and was just mopping up the last Russian stragglers when i decided to try out
the Ju87 attack for once just to see how it works...

The Russian troops had not fixed positions so I thought I would test out the air attack on two-storey building.

Well i waited the 10 minutes and then the Stukas turned up... But all they did was dive and swopp over an area further
away and didnt seem to bomb anything....I dont understand, I ordered them to attack the building ad yet they did their own thing...

How does this work...?
DeutschRitter
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »

I am playing the first German operation and was just mopping up the last Russian stragglers when i decided to try out
the Ju87 attack for once just to see how it works...

The Russian troops had not fixed positions so I thought I would test out the air attack on two-storey building.

Well i waited the 10 minutes and then the Stukas turned up... But all they did was dive and swopp over an area further
away and didnt seem to bomb anything....I dont understand, I ordered them to attack the building ad yet they did their own thing...

How does this work...?

I have the same experiences with the fighterplanes. I could not manage to attack enemy units in a designated target area. Maybe you have to see the enemy units? And I thought that if I order some Stukas over an designated area (which is in line of sight for my Commander, who ordered the airstrike) the planes reveal some units I can not see?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:27:53 PM by DeutschRitter » Logged
SSPEIPER
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:22:35 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

Is it a case of you request air support and designate an area, but after that the planes will find their own targets within or close to the area designated for attack...?

I mean if I am calling in a CAS (close air support) mission on an anti-tank position I want to know that it will at least try and hit those targets instead of something else
a few kilometres away...

I do realise that not every target will ever be hit, but I would like to know that air support is not entirely irrelevant...

LOVE THIS GAME.... Grin
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »

Sometimes airstrike not find targets for attack. The attack place is set with accuracy approximately -/+ 1-1,5 km. It is made to ensure that the aircraft was not some special superweapon.
Maybe someone will be helped this Russian FAQ.
Sorry, there is only google translate
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:20:09 AM by Iceman » Logged

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: