Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 09:02:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To John Better Framerates with Low Specs PCs/laptops  (Read 6127 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:32 AM »

Hi John, It would help me tremendously if you give me your B-in-L (Say Hello for me)'s pc specs( processor speed, RAM and graphic card) so I know what it's capable of.

2) A few tips to increase your fps( by 20 to 30%) without much effort:

a) uncheck(untick) the desk resolution box in the Main Settings menu of your game.This alone will give you a 20% boost in fps.You can still keep the same screen resolution both in your game and on your pc screen but just uncheck that box. This seems to allow the game to decide on its own what the best screen refresh rate and quality of image.This may result in your game becoming less bright and duller in colour.Not to worry I have spent quite a bit of time to tinker with the in-game settigns and I have come with a good combo.Just set the respective sliders in your Video Settings menu to: 47 for brightness , 84 for contrast and 111 for gamma filtering.This should give you a fairly good image quality close to what it was when your desk resolution box was checked.

b) move the anisotropic slider in the Video Settings from 5 to 0 or 1 max.Anisotropic filtering does add to the quality of the images but unfortunately it's takes a toll on fops.The lower the better.Plus SP Beta 1.5 is a fps-hungry compared with Steel panzer 1.4( On average my fps have gone down 30 to 40% downwith the same settings).

c) tinker with your in game resolution options.Find which one gives you the best video quality without slowing your game. Surpirsingly sometimes a higher resolution will work as well as a lower one.You have to experiment. believe me I spent seevral weeks tinkering back and forth between all the options and also with my graphic card and ATI Catalyst suite's settings before I found the best compromise.

d) turn your anti virus off when you play this sometimes helps reduce the demand on your pc. In fact turn as many programs off as you can when playing.This helps reduce the draw on your processor and may give you and extra boost in the fps.

e) depending on what type of gpu you have (ATI or Nvidia) you can adjust the 3D settings within it.Use the control panel(Nvidia) or the Catalyst suite program(ATI) and adjust the various sliders to performance instaed of quality).This will lower the game visual quality somewhat but will give your gpu extra power to improve frame rates.

f) lastly check on the internet to make sure you have the lates, most up-to-date graphic driver installed.This can also give you better visual quality and your game running smoother.

Those are useful tips that can make your playing SF experience more enjoyable.

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:43:59 AM »

SP Beta 1.5 is a fps-hungry compared with Steel panzer 1.4( On average my fps have gone down 30 to 40% downwith the same settings).

I noticed too, a lot of their new tanks don't have the 3 LOD's, which would cut down on the use of system / graphics processing power.
I wish they'd revise their tank models to optimize them.  Sad

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »

Hopefully this is a problem they will solve with the Alpha release of SP 1.5?Huh? Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »

Oh Lord (and Mr Mistwalker) give us LODs,

Lots of 'em.

Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
POW
Major

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »

Yes, some of the new tanks are frame eaters  Embarrassed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »

I wish they'd revise their tank models to optimize them.  Sad
As I know, nobody'll take a part to optimize the models (means adding 3 lod's). There's only one method to improve fps -  reduce the quantity of infantry.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »

And refrain from using airplanes( they gobble up a lot of fps) and artillery strikes.

Also smaller tanks from SP1.4 and apcs seem to be not too demanding.Infantry in small to moderate quantities is nto too bad as long as it's not coupled with heavy tanks, and the 2 items mentione din my first paragraph.
JohnN
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »

Frinik

11.3 out now got to get it.
B in l computer

Dell Inspiron 530 2.2 ghz dual core(going to upgrade to 2.66 dual core)
4 gb ram ddr 2
Win7 ( might change to 64 bit)
nvidia evga  512 gb ddR 5
might go to ssd in future
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 06:12:22 AM »

Well his specs are not bad.I play most of time with my Toshiba Satellite( I love Toshiba's laptops they're damned good with glossy screen and Harman Kardon speakers).Mine are lower AMd 2.0 ghtz processor, ATI Hd 3650 with 512 mbs of ddr2 or 3 and 4gbs ram and I get upwards of 15 to 35 with stock missions and 8 to 17 with my own battles.

Just follow the advice I have given in my post of April 1st( I wasn't fooling) and see the improvement....

Anyway if he likes challenges and fast and sudden and unexpected death let him try some of my battles. Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: