Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 02:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Main Gun Ammo in Gunner Tutorial?  (Read 7123 times)
mikedora
Oberleutnant

« on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »

Hi,

I am new to SFK42, and am trying hard to learn all the controls using the tutorial missions. The trouble is, I can't complete the gunner tutorial because I am not able to find/load any main gun ammunition. I am selecting AP or sub-calibre using "1" and "5" respectively, then pressing "R". However all that I get is a message telling me "loading", but - nothing loads. Looking at the lower LH side of the screen, it looks as though the stocks of both these kinds of ammunition are zero. Any advice anyone?

BTW I have been having this problem with both v1.0 and v1.2.

Thanks

Mike
peashooter1
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the boards  Smiley. The gunnery tutorial is set-up in two parts. The first one is using the MG to eliminate the enemy troops in the trench. Once you have completed that first part, your tank should automatically move to a new postion where you will fire "pratice rounds" at various static and moving targets. If you do not complete this first part the "pratice rounds" will not appear in your inventory. All through this you should be seeing subtitles cues describing the mission orders, when you have meet the requirement and also describing how to use the various weapon sights to aquire and fire upon the targets. In the gunnery tutorial you cannot load any cannon round other then the "pratice round". If you have subtitles turned off in the GUI you might want to turn them back on, at least for the training tutorials. Hope this helps.
Cheers,

P.S. Also study the tank you are using (lcheck out the Kharkov 1942 Encyclopedia and Game manual supplied with the game in booklet or .pdf file in the docs file) the Matilda (which is used in the gunnery tutorial btw) I  believe can only fire the pratice round and armour piercing round's and has no ability to fire a HE round, so like I said in the gunnery tutorial all your going to get is the pratice round. Now the type of rounds is accurate for these tanks, you cannot use shell rounds that they didn't carry in real life. Btw are you all patched up with SFK42? The Steel Panzer Mod 1.4 will add more missions, campaigns and the AI units are now available to the player (less cockpits, but all sites and stations work) more accurate shell ballistics and lots of other improvements for SFK42. Also there are more Mods available to add better sounds a compass rose with heading numbers and even later tanks like the Tiger and T-34/85 both with thier own campaigns (with more too come Wink ).

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:35:25 PM by peashooter1 » Logged
mikedora
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 03:26:08 AM »

Thanks PS,

I _thought_ that I had successfully dealt with the troops in the trench, I'll have to try again. And thanks, but I am well familiar with the no HE shortcoming of the Matilda's 2 pdr - a shortcoming inherited by the subsequent 6 pdr used by eg the Crusader & early Churchills, hence our tankers' delight (yes I'm British) to get the Lee & Sherman with their HE-capable US 75mm guns..

Mike
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »

Who is erttf :another dopehead?Just ranting the same doodle over every thread? Just a spammer Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: