Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 04:28:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Stug mission  (Read 16035 times)
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« on: April 12, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »

Anyone else noticed that when playing the Stug missions - don't recall the name now, but its a defensive mission against many russian tanks and you play with the grey camouflage i think its Stug III ? (Im not that good at exact markings of the vehicle Wink ) The Stug seems to have great problems traveling up the hill. Was this really so bad? In some moments the vehicle stoped and slided a bit downhill. Was quite frustrating but then i dont know what was the engine inside and what it could handle but it seemed as underpowered.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:23:06 AM »

I do recall it was a pretty steep hill - you know, you could try driving around it  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:02:56 PM »

Yes I know.It's one of the 3 Stug C/D missions which pits poor, undergunned early Stugs against T34/76 and 85 and Kv1s.Itès the one with the Krasny Gigant( I think itès called Bab Dolina) map.You have to go uphill all the way to the village to defnd it against on onslaught of Soviet tanks and infantr.All you ahve are those poor strugs and some Pak35 or 38 and a handful of infantry,
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »

See, my missions aren't so merciless after all.  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »

Never said they were Wink.At least they are more balanced than the stug ones!
POW
Major

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »

I downoaded one mission from the russian forum with custom terrain for smolensk and it was awesome. You are driving a KV-1 and have to breakthrough a road full of germans (tanks, self-propelled guns, infantry, etc...) It was intense. I recommend it. I translated the txt (if somebody is interested)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »

I know and have pretty much all the missions available on the Sukhoi.Avia forum but this one does nto ring a bell.What is it called? The KV1 is my favourite Soviet tank Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »

That sounds like the 'Starosele' mission from Deviator,

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »

See, my missions aren't so merciless after all.  Grin

They are if you're verklempt and haven't learned how to fire the main gun yet! Huh?
POW
Major

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 06:21:57 PM »

That sounds like the 'Starosele' mission from Deviator,
Yes, that's the name. Very cool mission
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »

Hmm i cant see a damn thing in that stug :/  a t 34 blew me to pieces from 30 meters. Is there any way to look around except the driver or gunner view? i dont want to use the external view
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 02:02:45 AM »

Staroselo, old village; right? Yeah I have it. A lone Rambo KV1 with a few Paks defends a village against a German onslaught.It was made back in 2009. I have it.I modified it and now I have it as a Panzer IV with a few Paks defending the village against a Soviet tank and infantry assault.This a Steel Panzer 1.4 mod mission.
POW
Major

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »

Staroselo, old village; right? Yeah I have it. A lone Rambo KV1 with a few Paks defends a village against a German onslaught.It was made back in 2009. I have it.I modified it and now I have it as a Panzer IV with a few Paks defending the village against a Soviet tank and infantry assault.This a Steel Panzer 1.4 mod mission.

All the SP 1.4 missions are included in SP 1.5

It's not a SP 1.4 mission. It does have a custom polypack (the same than hurry up Kubelvagen). There is a night version and a day version. I'm not sure but i think this is the mission/polypack that i downloaded:

http://www.4shared.com/file/9KpS7pk4/deviator_Mission_KV-1.html
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »

It might be a good idea to do translations for the Russian-language missions - some of the in-game messages and alerts can be quite useful.
I did one for the 'Battle for Sidi Rezegh' mission in the Desert Mod download,

"Yes."
POW
Major

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:39:17 AM »

It might be a good idea to do translations for the Russian-language missions - some of the in-game messages and alerts can be quite useful.
I did one for the 'Battle for Sidi Rezegh' mission in the Desert Mod download,

I did a full english conversion (mission and history txt files) and added a few things (the possibility of playing the mission with a T-28 and a T-38 - the others units that are present in the player's division - 3 missions instead of one). I saw you are a member of the russian forum, you could ask to deviator if i'm allowed to post the translation and i will be pleased to do it.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »

What does Lockie think about the idea?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »

Yes I saw the download and I remember reading the post.It´s the same mission originally made by Stone 2009 with its own polypack.

It´s remake with some variants. The original was not bad although the premises , a lone tank with a handful of anti tank guns and infantry against overwhelming odds sounds too Holywoodish to me....

Not all usermade misisions made for SP 1.4 are included with Beta 1.5. I have have my SP 1.4 installation s and many have not been included in Beta 1.5. Igor Japan and Xream_05 come to mind for example.Some of the original 1.4 single and campaign missions have been changed or amended considerably from the original.Some of the original Trophy mod missions are not available as well.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »

What does Lockie think about the idea?
I'm sure it's a good idea!
Personally, I try to make two versions: rus & eng, but it takes too much time.

Provocative signature removed
POW
Major

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »

frinik is not the same mission you are talking about.  You're not alone. there is a T-28 tank, a T-38 and infantry with you.

In this mission you have to breakthrough a road full of germans and reach a village called Staroselie. It's a mission about the battle of Smolensk 1941, a place were the Soviet 16th, 19th and the 20th Armies were encircled just to the south of Smolensk but large parts of the 19th Army managed to escape the pocket.

I'm going to upload my translation to mediafire and i will post the link a a few minutes
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:19:01 AM by POW » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »

Ok I stand corrected! Saw your other post and thanks for the download links.

We will try our earnest to save Mother Russia and elevate the eternal glory of the Genial Father of all the People; Komrade Stalin!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: