Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 01:33:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSION BUILDING DISCUSSION  (Read 17979 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 12:38:15 AM »

Put your infantry in trenches! In the division tab select your infantry units and klick on the "put in trench" button on the right. It looks like a downwards arrow.
I got the opposite results of your experiences a few days left. I had the infantry in trenches and wanted them to move backwards after a specific time while under attack. The damn soldiers didn´t make it out of the trench. They always seeked for cover. I had to move the morale slider back to 20 percent. Now they will move . Guess they run back in panic now.

BTW: If you want to have vehicles stay where you want then use an ambush script!. That works.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:40:36 AM by Rends » Logged

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
nodlew
Major

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 01:37:56 AM »

How did I miss the "Put in Trench Button" I wonder? Been experimenting. I have a Panther move to the road, travel along the road, and then take up a defensive position using the Defense operation, and it works like a charm. The as soon as the Defense operation kicks in, the Panther slowly creeps toward the Position, stops, and fights there. So, I don't know. Having them move into position seems to be necessary, so I'll play with that some more. And I'll try the Ambush operation as well, but set the distance to open fire at maximum.

The "Entrench Button" is the magic solution to the Defensive problem. I entrenched my half-tracks and they stayed right in their defensive positions and as a result, they lived a lot longer. They refused to move until the enemy tank was right on top of them and they were receiving direct enemy fire, and even so, they didn't move very much. Thanks for the tip, Rend.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:20:52 AM by nodlew » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 03:50:13 AM »

I've tried in several test missions to use tripod mounted MG 34's, but they refuse to open fire on the enemy. If the gunner gets killed another man will take his place, but then he too just sits there and does nothing. They wont even move. It's strange because the Maxim on the Russian side works just fine. Anyone got a comment or a way to circumvent the problem? I've tried using German Machine Gun Squads as a replacement, but they don't behave like a machine gun emplacement, but rather like infantry. They wont stay where you put them, and they can't fire from cover because they keep wanting to kneel down or lie prone.

Hi everyone,

I've been mucking around with the mission editor lately, checking out the new SPM 1.5 stuff.  And I also noticed the dud MG34s!

As it turns out, the tech_cfg file for the tripod MG34 is a little screwed up! I've made a few other minor fixes to get it running, and you can check it out here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/GyYiIHQs/MG34Fixed.html

Let me know how it goes!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
nodlew
Major

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 04:20:44 AM »

Excellent! I'll try that out, and thanks.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 11:57:39 AM »

KYTH  on behalf of all Steel Fury fans thank you for that fix! Wink

This is the kind of small details that are well appreciated by all.It works very weel for me.

Cheers

Frinik
nodlew
Major

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »

Rend,

Where did you go?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »

Rend,

Where did you go?

Where did both of you go?

Huh?

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 03:45:37 AM »

I'm a little curious what happened to Nodlew?  Huh?

His last post mentioned eating a chicken?   Shocked
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:51:31 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 07:56:05 AM »

Last he was looking for Rends?Huh??

They are making missions together in the Bavarian Alps. Bertesgaden I am told.... Lips Sealed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »

Cheesy

Well, I still think it's to do with eating a chicken in one fell swoop  Smiley

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: