Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 07:02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marder II  (Read 19201 times)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 09:00:59 PM »

Grin Grin Grin thanks alot  Grin Grin Grin

POW
Major

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »

Remember to install the file with new tanks AFTER the T-35 mission (the new file will fix the errors of the T-35 config files)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:13 AM »

Whukid I see you haven't lost time playing with the ME and posting you new found toys Grin

Greta stuff!  You too are enamoured with the Elefant????I seem to be the only one who does not really like it.  Ill have to post some of my own pics
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 03:44:04 AM »

Whukid I see you haven't lost time playing with the ME and posting you new found toys Grin

Greta stuff!  You too are enamoured with the Elefant????I seem to be the only one who does not really like it.  Ill have to post some of my own pics

Any more Elephant-men out there?? Get Steel Fury now!! Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »

Too many wild animals roaming about! Elefants, tigers, panthers, brumbaers, hunting panthers, luchs(lynx), it's a jungle out there!!!!Call the game Jungle Fury Grin

Who wants to be Tarzan?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »

Yea! i edited a few of Kyth's missions (#9 to be with all T-34/85s and Tiger/Stug III G/Pz. IV ausf. 2) and the Provokhava (I dont know how to spell it Sad ) mission so I could use the Ferdinand, Jagdpanther, and the Tiger II Grin I havent really done a whole lot with the Russians because their tanks NEVER have enough ammo, (7 AP shots in the IS-2 and 12 in SU-52?!) So i usually keep their mission "edits" at upgrading the germans to Panzer IVs or Tigers [depending on the total number] while using my guys as T 34/85s and/or KV-2's. Yesterday I got the Marder II's up and running  Grin (of which are FANTASTIC), but I think I need to install Kyth's number pack because all the numbers on my tanks seem to be missing. Oh well, no biggie.

I like the Ferdinand alot because its like using a Minigun at Waterloo; it eats things, very quickly, and is almost completely invincible. In fact, the only time I've ever seen one get knocked out was when a "friendly" Panzer IV ausf 2 put an AP round through the rear from like 30 feet. Still though, I see your point; I can only play as God for so long before it gets boring. Therefore, I usually stick with Jagdpanther Smiley Do you think they'll ever edit them into Elephants? (MG 42 in the bow, Tiger 2 commander's cupola, more internal ammo storage ect.)

I've got a ton more cool looking screenshots if you guys want!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »

Ill emailed you a few of my combat missions with lost of armour fighting it out and jagdpanther and heavy tank battles.You can edit them at your heart's content and you'll enjoy the heavy fighting as like you I like fighting heavily outnumbered and leavre the battlefield full of smoking and burning hulks.

I personally think that the T34/85 and JS-2 are highly overrated.The KV1 is a fine tank and the KV85 was its woerthy successor.The Sov should have stuck with it and even upgrade it with their 100 mm gun.That tank carried solid armour and lots of ammo.The Su 85 is a fine opponent to the Stugs and the SU 100 could match Jagdpanzer IV L 70 and Jagdpanther. The Tiger I and II were colossus with feet of clay.Fine during times of offensive but a liability once the Wehrmacht started retreating non stop.The Panzer IV series and Panthers were fine tanks, well balanced , the Stugs and Jagd panzer/panther and Hetzer great TDs/SPGs.The Elefant likes its name indicate was a white elephant like its late reincarnation  the Jagdtiger.Small in numbers and effectiveness( yes the elefant was effective in Kursk but that was the only instance) but huge in size and problems!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:45:18 PM by frinik » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »

Wow! thanks! I still havent gotten any emails though, are you sure you have the right address? its **removed**

But yea, I agree with you on the T34/85; I just dont see how it was so great, and the same thing goes for the JS-2. The "sloped armor" really didnt do a whole lot against a well aimed '88 shell, nor did the 122mm cannon give the Josef Stalin a clear advantage over the Tiger.  I dont know enough about Tanks to agree or disagree on the rest  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:03:38 PM by whukid » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 06:06:11 PM »

I think I know what the problem is.I have your email address without the the infront of your handle.Thtaès why it bounced.Funny because I copied it straight from your PM?

BTW you might to remove your email address from your post.This forum is getting incessantly spammed.The last thing you want is a some spammer-twit getting hold of your em and spamming you to death...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »

yea :/ apparently someone already took my name (its my legit nickname) as an email address so I had to improvise

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »

But yea, I agree with you on the T34/85; I just dont see how it was so great, and the same thing goes for the JS-2. The "sloped armor" really didnt do a whole lot against a well aimed '88 shell, nor did the 122mm cannon give the Josef Stalin a clear advantage over the Tiger.  I dont know enough about Tanks to agree or disagree on the rest 

Don't get me wrong the T34/85 was a fine tank but when I see lots of people on various fora praising it till Kingdom come and stating that it was the best tank of WWII I say UH????Was I asleep at helm or like the Sleeping Beauty just woke up from a slumber and missed the CNN news of the past 20 years????If producing more than 21 000 units make it the best tank OK then....The JS essentially has 2 major flaws; 28 shells and a rate of fire max 2 shots a minute.Not much margin for error.Even its tough armour had quality issues.No for the money they should have stuck with the KV85 and upgun it if possible.

Like the Tiger, talk about missed opportunity;they could have sloped the front armour and rounded/slope the turret and saved perhaps 10 tons of weight , of precious steel and make it a much better beast than it was and produce some more. Instead - typisch Deutsch - they had to make an overweight Koloss which was produced at 1/15th the rate of the T34/85?Huh?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: