Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 07:47:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: voice sounds  (Read 10785 times)
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »

How come, that when i set the voice volume to nearly zero, my commander is still yelling with the same intensity  Huh?. Have installed the Steel sound mod, but the german tank voices are still terrible loud and i can't lower them down. Any help here? thx
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »

In the audio settings of your game you have the option to disable sound and music in missions.
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »

In the audio settings of your game you have the option to disable sound and music in missions.

That's true but i dont want to disable all the sounds in a mission.  Undecided
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »

Marcel if you look carefully in yoru in game audio setting you have on the left side 4 sliders including the last one for the voices.Just set the slider to the minimum for the voices and I think your problem will go away.You have tobe a bit more daring and experiment and try all the options before you ask for help!
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »

Marcel if you look carefully in yoru in game audio setting you have on the left side 4 sliders including the last one for the voices.Just set the slider to the minimum for the voices and I think your problem will go away.You have tobe a bit more daring and experiment and try all the options before you ask for help!

frinik, you propably haven't red my comment properly, because i wrote : altough i set THE VOICE VOLUME to minimum, it has no effect ingame - the commander is still yelling at the same volume.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »

WELL THEN MARCEL I GUESS THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR VOLUME SLIDER OR SETTING FUNCTION IN YOUR GAME CAUSE MINE RESPONDS WELL WHEN I ADJUST THE SLIDERS Grin

Seriously my next advice then is to open your data/k42/loc_rus/config folder(open the folder with notepad or microsoft word pad) where your game audio and video settings are recorded.In it you ll find the soundman settings like mine below:See if you can set the speech_vol at 0 and save the change and see how it works for you!

//çâóê
i_soundman:soundman()
{
   //óñòðîéñòâî äëÿ âîñïðîèçâåäåíèÿ çâóêà (0 - ïî óìîë÷àíèþ)
   device   =   0;
   //êîëè÷åñòâî êàíàëîâ
   channels   =   2;
   //÷àñòîòà äèñêðåòèçàöèè
   freq   =   44100;
   //áèò íà îòñ÷åò
   bits   =   16;
   //ãðîìêîñòü ýôôåêòîâ
   sfx_vol   =   1.000000;
   //ãðîìêîñòü ðå÷è
   speech_vol   =   0.540000;
   //îáùàÿ ãðîìêîñòü
   global_vol   =   1.000000;
   //ãðîìêîñòü ìóçûêè
   music_vol   =   0.560000;
   //íåò çâóêà
   no_sound   =   0;
   //èñïîëüçîâàòü àïïàðàòíîå óñêîðåíèå
   use_hw_sound   =   1;
   //ìàêñèìàëüíîå êîëè÷åñòâî êàíàëîâ (0 - ìàêñèìàëüíîå ïîääåðæèâàåìîå àïïàðàòóðîé)
   max_channels   =   0;
   //îòêëþ÷èòü ìóçûêó
   no_music   =   0;
   //êà÷åñòâî çâóêà
   snd_qual   =   1;

}// end of i_soundman:soundman

//òåêñòóðû

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:33:54 PM by frinik » Logged
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »

WELL THEN MARCEL I GUESS THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR VOLUME SLIDER OR SETTING FUNCTION IN YOUR GAME CAUSE MINE RESPONDS WELL WHEN I ADJUST THE SLIDERS Grin

Seriously my next advice then is to open your data/k42/loc_rus/config folder(open the folder with notepad or microsoft word pad) where your game audio and video settings are recorded.In it you ll find the soundman settings like mine below:See if you can set the speech_vol at 0 and save the change and see how it works for you!

//çâóê
i_soundman:soundman()
{
   //óñòðîéñòâî äëÿ âîñïðîèçâåäåíèÿ çâóêà (0 - ïî óìîë÷àíèþ)
   device   =   0;
   //êîëè÷åñòâî êàíàëîâ
   channels   =   2;
   //÷àñòîòà äèñêðåòèçàöèè
   freq   =   44100;
   //áèò íà îòñ÷åò
   bits   =   16;
   //ãðîìêîñòü ýôôåêòîâ
   sfx_vol   =   1.000000;
   //ãðîìêîñòü ðå÷è
   speech_vol   =   0.540000;
   //îáùàÿ ãðîìêîñòü
   global_vol   =   1.000000;
   //ãðîìêîñòü ìóçûêè
   music_vol   =   0.560000;
   //íåò çâóêà
   no_sound   =   0;
   //èñïîëüçîâàòü àïïàðàòíîå óñêîðåíèå
   use_hw_sound   =   1;
   //ìàêñèìàëüíîå êîëè÷åñòâî êàíàëîâ (0 - ìàêñèìàëüíîå ïîääåðæèâàåìîå àïïàðàòóðîé)
   max_channels   =   0;
   //îòêëþ÷èòü ìóçûêó
   no_music   =   0;
   //êà÷åñòâî çâóêà
   snd_qual   =   1;

}// end of i_soundman:soundman

//òåêñòóðû

The problem settled : Have edited the wavs and droped the volume down Wink
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »

Good! Next problem? Grin
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »

Good! Next problem? Grin

Hey! Im new to the game so don't be bad at me like that Wink Its a great game and the best tank sim i played. I want to enjoy it as much as possible  Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:09 AM »

I ain't bad I am just being myself Grin

And you' re quite right this is the best WWII tank sim and Graviteam's next WWII sim will be even better you can bet your last kopek! Wink
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:00:27 AM by frinik » Logged
POW
Major

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »

Its a great game and the best tank sim i played. I want to enjoy it as much as possible  Smiley

Very true. T34 vs Tiger is pure shit. Yesterday i installed that shit AGAIN and after 3 missions i uninstalled it again (and now it will be FOREVER)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 11:05:50 AM »

TvsT is good in MP. Murkz and a group of dedicated European modders have made several wonderful mods for MMP.Read their posts and see their pics on subsim.com forum and panzersim.forumotion.com.New sounds, new maps general improvement in all areas but it's for MP.I unfortunately don't play MP otherwise....

To be honest TvsT had lots of potential; good graphics, nice models, good maps.Unfortunately lazy developers and an incompetent editor and distributor ....

And the maps on TvsT are huge! I wish we had maps that big on SF! And turrets that can blow up and the same damage model which I find more realistic in TvsT.On all other areas especially new models, missions, and mission editor SF wins hands down!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:09:51 AM by frinik » Logged
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »

I ain't bad I am just being myself Grin

And you' re quite right this is the best WWII tank sim and Graviteam's next WWII sim will be even better you can bet your last kopek! Wink

Nice to hear about a new sim! I even stopped to play SH5 with all the mods after trying out Steel Fury. By the way, its Euros here  Grin ''kopeks '' Cheesy - you surely did mean eastern Europe = here be dragons and no escalators right? Cheesy
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »

Since SF is made by Ukrainians and Russians I felt Kopek was more appropriate. I don' live in Europe so Euros are a nice but exotic currency for me.... Cheesy

SH5? is it a heli sim?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:13:05 AM by frinik » Logged
marcel1980
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »

Since SF is made by Ukrainians and Russians I felt Kopek was more appropriate. I don' live in Europe so Euros are a nice but exotic currency for me.... Cheesy

SH5? is it a heli sim?

Ah sorry for the Kopek,  i tought its not used anymore. Yes i know the sim is made by Russians and Ukrainians and big cudos to them! No hollywood explosions and other stuff.  SH5 = Silent hunter 5 - great subsim with all the mods.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »

OH yes I saw the name on subsim.com and totally forgot.It's a subsim. Yeah U.Boote might be my next thing if I ever get my hands off tanksims Huh?

Kopeks are still used in Russia as cents for the Ruble but not in the Ukraine.

Anyway re SF I encourage you newbies to try your hands on the Mission Editor and make your own stuff.Just dabble and then gradually you'll become more proficient and you can make your own missions or battle, experiment with maps and new tanks , create your own campaigns etc.This is guaranteed to hook you!
POW
Major

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »

TvsT is good in MP. Murkz and a group of dedicated European modders have made several wonderful mods for MMP.Read their posts and see their pics on subsim.com forum and panzersim.forumotion.com.New sounds, new maps general improvement in all areas but it's for MP.I unfortunately don't play MP otherwise....

To be honest TvsT had lots of potential; good graphics, nice models, good maps.Unfortunately lazy developers and an incompetent editor and distributor ....

And the maps on TvsT are huge! I wish we had maps that big on SF! And turrets that can blow up and the same damage model which I find more realistic in TvsT.On all other areas especially new models, missions, and mission editor SF wins hands down!

Cockpits without crew (ghost pilots)
Infantry in TvsT is reduced to 3 or 4 dumb soldiers without brain.
The AI can see through the forests and mountains (i guess the ai tank commander uses a satellite)
Very bad engine optimization (4 tanks on screen and the framerate goes down to hell)
The sp campaign is 6 missions for each side and last night i finished 3 in less than 30 minutes (after that i uninstalled the game)

TvsT is not a game, it's a damnation. Everybody agree that Steel Fury is far better - except the guys that are trying to make money of a mod for TvsT
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

If you are talking about the stock game I agree completely except for the fps, mine were always high .The Ai was /is dumb whether tanks waltzing about or AI infantry looking like disarticulated puppets.BUt the MP mods have fixed the XRay AI , they can't shoot you through dense woods , the ballistics have bene corrected and the Tiger kills in one shot, engine sounds transmission a lot of stuff has been fixed or improved.I had the MMP5 and even on the SP missions the chnages were reflected and they were good.BUt the SP is so hopelessly scripted and unimaginative and low key that unless somebody can master the damned ME which is really difficult then that game will survive only in MP. Pity because it could have been a nice one to have in parrallel with SF. So few tanksims Sad
POW
Major

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »

Best tank sim ever was the original Battle Zone 1981 from the arcades.
The arcade cabinet was brillant with the periscope and all. I wish i could own one of those cabinets to play Steel Fury

http://www.gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade/Cabinet/big/Battle_Zone_-_1980_-_Atari.jpg
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »

Wow!Looks like a Wurlitzer! Funny it's one thing I never did!Play in game's arcades I mean.And here I am playing tank sims Huh?

Where did I go wrong mamma? Where did the good lad go astray led by the temptation of the Devil and the damned modders?Huh?? Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: