Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 12:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: ME question  (Read 187541 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:24 PM »

Hey guys.
  Sure has been quiet here for the last few days. Hope everyone hasn't lost interest in the game all at the same time.

I was wondering if there is any way to link or attach two units to each other? I have a unit of three Tiger tanks set to hit certain waypoints and I want to attach a unit of 2 motorized infantry vehicles to the tanks. I have the two half tracks following the same script exactly but they always seem to wander off, act confused at each WP and they never arrive together. All speeds, moral and experience are the same for the two units.

Also, is there a way to find distances in the ME? How far is it from one point to another or how to determine effective ranges of artillery/mortars?

Frinik, I'm sending you a PM.

Cheers!
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2011, 01:31:36 AM »

I was wondering if there is any way to link or attach two units to each other? I have a unit of three Tiger tanks set to hit certain waypoints and I want to attach a unit of 2 motorized infantry vehicles to the tanks. I have the two half tracks following the same script exactly but they always seem to wander off, act confused at each WP and they never arrive together. All speeds, moral and experience are the same for the two units.

Half-tracks and light vehicles follow a slightly different AI, so it's difficult to get them in lock-step with the heavier vehicles. They react to the same terrain differently, unless it's flat as a billiard table  Smiley

Also, is there a way to find distances in the ME? How far is it from one point to another or how to determine effective ranges of artillery/mortars?

The Map Grid in the Mission Editor covers an area of 2km x 2km. I assume you're not referring to the 'off-map' artillery and mortars, which don't actually have a physical presence.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:01:31 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2011, 03:23:00 AM »

Thanks Kyth
 Yeah, the light vehicles sure do follow something different. In this case though it's a simple "follow the road" script using five waypoints at intersections. My tank unit follows it perfectly but the light vehicles are pretty much confused. I suppose I'll have to make certain adjustments to get them where I want them to end up.

Thanks for the figure on the grid squares Kyth, I was referring to the actual on map units and how to find out their effective range.

Cheers
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »

Thanks for the figure on the grid squares Kyth, I was referring to the actual on map units and how to find out their effective range.

Cheers
H

Not sure about effective ranges, but I think aside from small arms, 2km would be well within maximum range of most of the weapons.
Though you might want to try them out on the 'gunnery range' maps to see how the AI behaves,

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »

Though you might want to try them out on the 'gunnery range' maps to see how the AI behaves,

Kyth
  Dumb question perhaps but I've never heard of a "gunnery range" map. Please advise.

Thanks
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2011, 01:30:49 AM »

Kyth
  Dumb question perhaps but I've never heard of a "gunnery range" map. Please advise.

Thanks
H

There are a couple of them I know of:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=529.0

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3713.0

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2011, 07:29:04 AM »

Keep plugging away at it, and

Don't give up!

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »

Hey Kyth
 Pluggin' away. Work is just keeping me super busy right now. I'm working on victory/defeat triggers in a test mission. Can't seem to get it right and I just know I'll have more questions for you later.

Hey, where's Frinik been?

Cheers
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »

Cheers
H

Poor fellow has gotten his IP banned, I think  Huh? But he can still send and receive his PM here.

I wonder if he can get in to the Sub-sim forum?

"Yes."
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »

Cheers
H

Poor fellow has gotten his IP banned, I think  Huh? But he can still send and receive his PM here.

I wonder if he can get in to the Sub-sim forum?
If it is the truth he can send me PM with banned here IP.

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »

How on earth do you get your IP banned? I PM'd him a few days ago and never heard back. Hope all works out as he is one of the great assets to the SF forum here.

Cheers
H
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »

Kyth
  I'm in the victory/defeat trigger mode and right now I have three defeat triggers set up in a test mission. The player side is Germany(single tank)
The scenario is using four Russian trucks driving to contour "rus_end" and stopping.

defeat, 0x2, 1, rus_end;
      defeat, 0x6, 2, rus_end, 2.500, 10.000;
      defeat, 0x8;
      victory, 0x5, 2, rus_end, 2.500, 10.000;
      victory, 0xa;
      victory, 0xc, ambient1, 60.000, 0;

1. {defeat} the party(russian) in a contour
2. {defeat} superiority of opponent in the contour (the opponent of Germany in the "party" option)
    threshold,time 2.5
    time/min         10

3. {defeat} unsuccessful termination of mission

Question: What's the difference between the  threshold,time   and    time/min 

In both the victory and defeat triggers I'd like to know what determines superiority? Is it number of vehicles destroyed, percentage of enemy surviving or killed? How is "superiority" set? I'm thinking it has something to do with "threshold" but not sure.

Thanks in advance
H

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:10 AM »

Kyth
  I'm in the victory/defeat trigger mode and right now I have three defeat triggers set up in a test mission. The player side is Germany(single tank)
The scenario is using four Russian trucks driving to contour "rus_end" and stopping.

defeat, 0x2, 1, rus_end;
      defeat, 0x6, 2, rus_end, 2.500, 10.000;
      defeat, 0x8;
      victory, 0x5, 2, rus_end, 2.500, 10.000;
      victory, 0xa;
      victory, 0xc, ambient1, 60.000, 0;

1. {defeat} the party(russian) in a contour
2. {defeat} superiority of opponent in the contour (the opponent of Germany in the "party" option)
    threshold,time 2.5
    time/min         10

3. {defeat} unsuccessful termination of mission

I think, 1. and 2. are actually separate triggers?
Either 1. the trucks reach the contour, or 2. the Russians achieve force superiority in the contour. You might want to consider combining the two things in a 'logic' trigger, as I described a couple of weeks back,

Question: What's the difference between the  threshold,time   and    time/min 

In both the victory and defeat triggers I'd like to know what determines superiority? Is it number of vehicles destroyed, percentage of enemy surviving or killed? How is "superiority" set? I'm thinking it has something to do with "threshold" but not sure.

Thanks in advance
H

threshold,time: That's the level of 'superiority', in multiples. Threshold of 2.5 in this case would mean that the failure trigger kicks in, when the opposing side has 2.5x or more effective forces in the specified area, compared to your own.

time/min  : There's a bit of leeway given after the threshold is exceeded, i.e. you have a certain number of minutes to allow your own reinforcements to move in and retrieve the situation. In this case, 10 minutes. To keep the level of suspense high, you might want to stick with the default value of 3 minutes. Smiley

There are a couple of things that determine 'force superiority', either:

- The units' numeric values given in the common_units table, or
- The 'effectiveness' values given in the tech_cfg and human_cfg files.

Or it could be a combination of both!  Huh?  The total values for surviving units are constantly being tracked for both sides, so it's a good idea to eliminate the enemy as quickly as possible!

I usually set the trigger threshold at 3x or 4x.

Come to think of it, truck units have very little 'victory point' value, so I hope you're using them with higher-value combat units,
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:26:52 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »

How on earth do you get your IP banned? I PM'd him a few days ago and never heard back. Hope all works out as he is one of the great assets to the SF forum here.

Cheers
H

proxy.org

Update
Ok. I see a new subnetwork of Frinik. Subnetwork already unbanned Smiley
Sorry Frinik  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:36:58 AM by Iceman » Logged

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »

Cheers
H

proxy.org

Update
Ok. I see a new subnetwork of Frinik. Subnetwork already unbanned Smiley
Sorry Frinik  Tongue

Okay thanks, I'll let him know the good news  Smiley

And Frinik, if you're reading this, get back in here, we didn't say you could go yet  Grin

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »

Ok Kyth

I never got into the logic triggers because I took your suggestion and played with the contours themselves to accomplish the desired effect. Now we're back to the logic trigger discussion.
From your previous post:

You have the set the 'Logic' trigger to encompass the two "object in contour" triggers.

rus_adv_north()
{
   ext, wait_tr, anyoldway;
   ext, ai_move, rus_wp_north01, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_setstate, 0, 0x8;
   ext, ai_move, village, false, -1, 8;
}

I"m not understanding how this is accomplished. You have the set the 'Logic' trigger to encompass the two "object in contour" triggers.
 When I click on Logic expression in the trigger menu the only box available to work with is at the bottom "line of parameters".

I assume this is where you manually enter the text. If so can you please give me an example using one of the four Booleans operators as you listed here earlier.

| (OR)
& (AND)
! (NOT)
^ (exclusive OR)

I'm guessing that trigger01 | trigger02 would be entered into the parameters box. And in this case I would have to rename my triggers to something like "defeat01" and "defeat02". The operator would then change to "&".

defeat01 & defeat02
But, like I said, it's a guess only.

Thanks Kyth
H

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:11:08 PM by hemisent » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2011, 01:26:24 AM »

I"m not understanding how this is accomplished. You have the set the 'Logic' trigger to encompass the two "object in contour" triggers.
 When I click on Logic expression in the trigger menu the only box available to work with is at the bottom "line of parameters".

I assume this is where you manually enter the text. If so can you please give me an example using one of the four Booleans operators as you listed here earlier.

| (OR)
& (AND)
! (NOT)
^ (exclusive OR)

I'm guessing that trigger01 | trigger02 would be entered into the parameters box. And in this case I would have to rename my triggers to something like "defeat01" and "defeat02". The operator would then change to "&".

defeat01 & defeat02
But, like I said, it's a guess only.

Thanks Kyth
H

You are spot on! Carry on, then,

The logic trigger is easy when you think logically  Grin

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2011, 06:29:09 AM »

Hello!

Progressing logically, I hope,  Smiley

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »

Hey Kyth!
  Thanks for checking in. Yes, all is  proceeding along as well as can be expected(about as fast as a herd of speeding turtles). My work is keeping me really busy and I'm working on it when I can.

Right now the first mission is pretty much completed but still needs the in game messages to be wrapped up. I need to fine tune the victory/defeat triggers tho. The use of the logic trigger helps a lot. Hoping to have it ready for testing (maybe by You or Frinik) in about a week or two.

Cheers
H
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2011, 11:04:55 PM »

Working on finishing the in game messages and I'm running across a problem with the scripts file not saving in my test mission.
Here's what I initially set it up as:

cs_radio()
{
   ext, wait_tr, trigger01;
   ext, add_text, txt_test_mission_message1, 0xffffffff, 10,;
}

cs_radio2()
{
        ext, wait_tr, trigger02;
        wait_time, 5
   ext, add_text, txt_test_mission_message2, 0xffffffff, 10,;
}

cs_radio3()
{
        ext, wait_tr, trigger03;
        wait_time, 5
   ext, add_text, txt_test_mission_message3, 0xffffffff, 10,;
}

I save the file using the "SAVE AS" function and run the test mission which plays out normally except that only the first message shows up. After checking the scripts file I find this:

cs_radio()
{

ext, wait_tr, trigger01;
   ext, add_text, txt_test_mission_message1, 0xffffffff, 10,;
}

ext, wait_tr, trigger02()wait_time, 5ext, add_text, txt_test_mission_message2, 0xffffffff, 10,()
{

}

ext, wait_tr, trigger03()wait_time, 15()ext, add_text, txt_test_mission_message3, 0xffffffff, 10,()
{

The lines are now messed up/corrupted, the cs_radio(2) & (3) lines are missing completely. I've tried each of these separately and they work but when put together using three cs_radio() lines they don't save.

I've tried this 4-5 times now with exactly the same results. If I close out and open the file the lines are saved but running the game causes the file to change.
Anyone ever had this happen?

Cheers All!
H
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:14:01 PM by hemisent » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: