Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 04:06:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: ME question  (Read 187460 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2011, 03:46:51 AM »

Actually Kyth,
  My SF game folder is in C/Program Files/Lighthouse Interactive/Steel Fury Kharkov 1942.
I think that's the default location for my games. I take it that's a problem?Huh??

H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2011, 03:52:05 AM »

Actually Kyth,
  My SF game folder is in C/Program Files/Lighthouse Interactive/Steel Fury Kharkov 1942.
I think that's the default location for my games. I take it that's a problem?Huh??

H

Sometimes it is  Tongue
Never mind, just make sure you have backup copies for your saved files,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2011, 09:42:24 AM »

Well not sure if this is the case here but don´t edit the script files with a texteditor and having the same mission loaded in the mission editor the same time. Even a simple reload in the ME will overwrite the the editings you did with the texteditor.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2011, 10:40:47 AM »

Grin

Yep that could happen too,

Hemisent, try copying back the trigger block you posted here earlier:

triggers()
{
   breach_north, 0x12, trigger09 | trigger9.5 | trigger9.6;
   breach_south, 0x12, trigger11 | trigger11.5;
   crossroads_shell, 0x12, trigger03 | trigger03.5;
   defeat, 0x20011, 2, 2.000, 3.000;
   defeat, 0x8;
   defeat, 0xb, victory_rus2, 900.000, 0;
   defeat, 0x9;
   trigger01, 0x1, obs tank, start_siege;
   trigger02, 0x20001, single_ truck01, start_barrage1;
   trigger03, 0x2, 2, start_barrage2;
   trigger03.5, 0x1, obs tank, start_barrage2;
   trigger04, 0x1, obs tank, start_barrage3;
   trigger07, 0x1, obs tank, village;
   trigger08, 0x2000e, commander, 3.000;
   trigger09, 0x1, rus_tank_north, village;
   trigger09.5, 0x1, rus_inf_north02, village;
   trigger09.6, 0x1, rus_inf_north01, village;
   trigger10, 0x4, 2, village;
   trigger11, 0x1, rus_inf_south01, village;
   trigger11.5, 0x1, rus_inf_south02, village;
   victory, 0x10, 2, 3.000, 3.000;
   victory, 0xa;
   victory, 0x1, obs tank, village;
   victory, 0xb, victory_ger, 30.000, 0;
}

And remember my advice about the victory conditions,

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »

Hey Kyth
 I already started to rewrite the triggers last night. Glad I posted the triggers block here as it gives me a starting point.
Shouldn't take too long...just frustrating is all.

Thanks again
H

ps
Still doesn't answer the underlying question of why my saves in the script.engscr don'tsave but the changes at the same time in the loc.data.text file do. With the ME closed. I always save using the "save as file name" function as per Frinik's (i think)advice awhile back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2011, 12:25:12 PM »

Not sure what the root of your problem is perhaps because your game is defaulted into your C drive(Do you have Windows Vista?Huh?), I avoid as a rule doing that creating partititions to put my installations there.

One good idea is to save your scripts on notepad and keep them in a separate backup folder so all you need to do is paste thme into your scripts folder.

BTW despite a crippling back problem which is keeping me off the computer and the forum for long stretches of time I have been tinkering/tweaking the explosions, fire and smoke effects into the common res files with satisfactory results.I have been working on that for 5 weeks.I will publish my results.I have managed to increase , in my biased opinion, the game immersion through bigger explosions, denser smoke and higher flames.As well I have redone the shell settings increasing the values for many of tanks and the results are also to my taste.

Natalia is temporarily out of the picture for personal reasons but she has indicated that very soon she ll be back to work on the armour files.
. As for me I have compiled new sounds for shots, explosions and collisions which are a much neede dimprovement over the game stock sounds.I have been unable to email it except one guy who tried it and said he was absolutely delighted with them.I will upload it on Kyth file sharing webpage with instructions( actually very minimal work).

Luck Hemi!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »

Get well soon! I hope you get back in action without delay.  Smiley  Natalia, also.

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »

Hey Frinik
  Great hearing from you again, was wondering where you went. Get well soon. The work you're doing sounds great, look forward to checking it out.

As for my scripts saving problem, I have XP and the game installed to the C/program files section just as all my other games have in the past. Is there a better/more compatible location for it? If so, how do I switch it's location?

I now have all my triggers rebuilt and working again. Back to where I was a couple days ago fine tuning messages and the cursed victory/defeat triggers. I tried a logic trigger as Kyth suggested but that does'nt work either. I'm now going back to the manual, scrubbing what I have and starting from scratch...I've got to be missing something but..... Huh?

Hopefully I'll have the mission ready for you to take a test drive shortly.
  Cheers

H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2011, 06:02:51 AM »

Hemi just partition your hard drive.Create 2 new partitiond call them D and E.Then simply copy your entire game folder into one.Start the game it should work.Then simply delete all your SF game/files in the C drive.ON all my pcs/laptop my installtions are all in newly created partitions I don't keep the game in the C drive.No issues and no amdinsitrators rights requored whenever you need to make a change.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »

I now have all my triggers rebuilt and working again. Back to where I was a couple days ago fine tuning messages and the cursed victory/defeat triggers. I tried a logic trigger as Kyth suggested but that does'nt work either. I'm now going back to the manual, scrubbing what I have and starting from scratch...I've got to be missing something but..... Huh?

Lets look at your script file again,  Cheesy

I hope you took note of my observation about "obs tank"; it's advisable in the script file to make all names, tags and labels one-word only, for example, "my_tank", "the_tank" or "any_tank".
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:49:59 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2011, 12:32:57 AM »

Kyth & Frinik
  I took your advice and changed a lot of the unit names. I played the re-triggered mission and it ran nearly perfectly...Success at last I thought. Shut down figuring I'd start up the next am but first I DL'd that 3rd mission from the guy on the sim hg site. Made all the changes he listed. Anyway, long story short, I fired up the ME to get back into the mission and got a core 001 error. Nothing I did helped and the mission appears to be lost/corrupted. Cannot get it to open/run and always crashes at 99%.

I've begun redoing the mission and it's surprisingly going pretty well in just a couple hours time it's nearly half completed. I guess the good thing is I'm learning a lot and most of the trial and error is behind me. I will be taking off for a few days out of state and will finish upon return.

No clue as to why the mission corrupted as there were no changes made whatsoever. I think on my return I'll ask you guys more about this partitioning.

Thanks for everything
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2011, 02:13:02 AM »

Shut down figuring I'd start up the next am but first I DL'd that 3rd mission from the guy on the sim hg site. Made all the changes he listed. Anyway, long story short, I fired up the ME to get back into the mission and got a core 001 error. Nothing I did helped and the mission appears to be lost/corrupted. Cannot get it to open/run and always crashes at 99%.

Huh?

I guess you didn't have backup copies? Are you still able to open up the mission files in Notepad?
So near yet so far, most inconvenient. Good luck with your re-partitioning.

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »

I have a question related the Mission Editor (Mission, rather).... are we there yet?  Huh?

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »

Is this thread captured in a timeloop?

Since days it says last post "today" and the thread title gets the new button.
But there isn't something new in this thread!?

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »

Not a time loop, but things are certainly going round in circles.  Sad

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »

Hey guys
 Yeah, there's something odd going on here. Maybe something to do with the time-space continuum.
Seems really quiet here lately.

Cheers all!
H
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »

Hey guys
 Yeah, there's something odd going on here. Maybe something to do with the time-space continuum.
Seems really quiet here lately.

Cheers all!
H

Haha, i have been wondering that too. Looks like all ppl are busy with their lives to much atm Cheesy

But you have had som serious bad luck with your mapmaking. Hope it goes well now. But we are still waiting for your final map Cheesy Its gonna be interesting!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2011, 02:58:13 PM »

How do I go about saving/backing up an in-progress mission from the ME to avoid going thru this all over again. I assume it would be similar to packing up a completed mission as if I were to put it out there for you guys to try out. If a corrupted mission occurs I would delete it and plug in the "saved" in-progress mission.

Actually, this whole episode was probably a blessing in disguise as I'm able to streamline a lot of my division names, triggers, scripts etc. Make things a whole lot more understandable. Great learning experience at least.

Better than poking myself in the eye with a dull stick Cry

H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2011, 12:02:45 AM »

How do I go about saving/backing up an in-progress mission from the ME to avoid going thru this all over again. I assume it would be similar to packing up a completed mission as if I were to put it out there for you guys to try out. If a corrupted mission occurs I would delete it and plug in the "saved" in-progress mission.

Yes, the 'packing' option will be useful,

Make a backup before any significant change,

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2011, 07:19:54 AM »

Tongue

I hate to be a noodge, but

Are we there yet?  Huh?

"Yes."