Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 11:00:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird things in SF....  (Read 4295 times)
triumphbike
Oberleutnant

« on: May 18, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »

Hello, Im the newbie who ask about finding the necessary mods for SF in another thread.

Now Ive played SF for a while, its a pretty fun game. But theres some weird things in it and I wonder about them....

The first is the aim. Sometimes it controls itself by "pulling" it in one direction slighlty when Im aiming. Its very annoying and I wonder why. It looks like Im aiming thru the mouse (that moving cross). Can it be something weird with my mouse?

Another VERY annoying thing is that the tanks often fire without me doing anything. First thought might be theres some control issue, but I dont think so becouse its happen without me pushing any bottoms at all.

Second, how do I get the aim for Pz IV to have an aim? Its very hard to aim when theres no cross.

Its also happen that the gunner starts turning the turret around and around without me doing anything.

When you press the buttom so the crew moves out to fix the wheels, sometimes they never ends fixing....just on and on and on....forever!

Otherwise its a funny game but these weird things anooy me alot. Advice would be nice!

Thanks!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

HI Triumbike!

Uh what version or Steel Panzer mod of SF are you playing?Because the lack of reticle for the Panzer IVF was an issue with the SP 1.4.With the Beta 1,5 that issue has been solved!For the SP 1.4 there an English language fix which is available.

The issue of aiming.Why don't you set your control to move the turret with the up and down and right and left keys on your keyboard instead of using the mouse.It's less arcade and it gives you better control.It may be that your mouse sensitivity needs to be toned down?I have reset the key and I don't as a rule m use the mouse to aim anymore.You can go into the options menu  uin the controls section and you can reset your keys and also adjust the sensitivity of your mouse of you feel like  using it for aiming.

As for your tank shooting by itself it may be that one fo the default keys for shooting is defaulted to your mouse pad.This would explain why every time your touch your mousepad(laptop) or your mouse your tank shoots.Again check the control keys and may be , like I do, use either the enter key as your primary shooting key and the spacebar as your secondary one.This way no accident! Angry Grin
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:30:27 PM by frinik » Logged
norm
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »

or use a joystick instead of the keyboard/mouse.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

Second, how do I get the aim for Pz IV to have an aim? Its very hard to aim when theres no cross.

When you press the buttom so the crew moves out to fix the wheels, sometimes they never ends fixing....just on and on and on....forever!

The last 2 issues were fixed with the 'Unofficial Patch 0.1'.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
triumphbike
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply! I aim with the arrows, but I finally realised why the tank shoots and its becouse I accidenlt hit the mousepad on the laptop and it clicks. Yes Ill just fix it in the controls. Thats probably also what couses the weird aiming sometimes...I thought it was some weird autoaiming that didnt really worked or something... Finally are these problems solved.

Can I ask one last question? Is there any way to fix a broken tank? Like the engine or tracks? Or is it just restart the battle or try to fight it standing still?
(or last time I tried to win Kransy Gigant-map and I got shot in the ass by a sturmgeshutz from like 20 meter and had to fight the rest of the battle only driving backwards all time!)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »

You can fix broken tracks automatically.There´s a a key in the game settings which is called auto track repair.After a couple of minutes your broken tracks are fixed.As for engine damage I am afraid yoiu either have to stand and fight where you are or acrpa the mission.Sometimes if it´s only the transmission which is damaged you can drive the tank using the reverse key!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: