Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 09:03:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armor Penetration model & Troop behaviour  (Read 7233 times)
Viajero
Leutnant

« on: April 13, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »

Hi

New to the forum and first post.

I am a fan of the Battlefront Combat Mission series and I truly believe this Kharkov could potentially be a good contender with the upcoming Battlefront´s "Normandy", subject to a few clarifications. The features page in this site for the game is not very detailed:

1- It is mentioned in the features page that ballistics (i.e. projectile trajectories) are realistically modelled. But what about armor thickness, angle and hit penetration modelling? is this also realistically modelled? to what level of detail?

2- Are terrain key features modelled for armor relevance? i.e. terrain inclination/elevation affecting armor angle, impact angle and hence penetration, hull down situations etc etc?

3- How is troop behaviour under fire modelled? moral checks? pinned, etc affecting troop performance?

If the answer to these 3 questions is positive I am sure you could attract a lot of interest from the Combat Mission community.

Many more questions pop up but I guess these 3 could be good as a start.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:34:16 PM by Viajero » Logged
Alexandro
Leutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »

1) It true.
2) It really realistic. Calculations came from "STEEL FURY: Kharkov 1942". And it was a tank simulator, when it was important not only hit the enemy tank, but also hit him in back armor or in  track, and let him turn on influence of inertia and hit again in a side armor. Front armor was often impenetrable from far distance... So we had to hide in the forest or in the tarrain pleating...

3) Trere is moral checks. Sometimes in the attack together with the section of solders, i had to move the group of Officers, becose without them solders scare of tank and run away in panic. And if solders are newble, they more scare of enemy and move slowly.
bearhunter
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »

Where are the internal tank shots from withing the tank I have not seen a single one. Also does anyone know how I can get my hands on Steel Fury 1942. Light house no longer exists and the e-bay copies cant be trusted since they are from thailand!
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:05:57 AM »

Where are the internal tank shots from withing the tank I have not seen a single one.

Kharkov43 is a tactical/strategical RTS like close combat/Theatre of war etc..not a Tank Sim like Steel Fury!  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: