Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 06:36:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crew of Glass  (Read 5535 times)
natalia99a
Major

« on: May 28, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this game. been playing tvt and thought it was super till I bought this one hehe.
My question is about the crew of the tanks, they seem to get killed or wounded quite easily, even by what seems to be nothing at all sometimes. Is there a way to lower the crew wound chance or at least mod them to be a bit hardier. forgive me if this has been covered already but I've looked through the posts till my eyes hurt.

Thanks  Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Luciano De Crescenzo
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:50:18 PM »

Is there a way to lower the crew wound chance or at least mod them to be a bit hardier.
As far as I know - it's impossible. But there's a good chance to reduce player death(~50%), if u seat down on the place of driver. Combination Ctr+F1. Then press F2(gunner) and shoot 'em all Smiley

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 02:28:01 AM »

And, keep the hatches closed  Smiley

Hull-down position helps, too,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 02:37:05 AM »

And for those who really, really want to live at all cost there's the invulnerabilty option in the games settings..... Grin

Hello Natalia99 and welcome to this forum! I read your posts on Panzersim about the Tiger armour in Tvst.You are absolutely right; in TvsT that Tiger is understated(I ssupect on purpose to even out the odds as the game was originally meant to be multi player only and they didn't want the Tiger to be too overwehlmingly strong so verybody would want to play it and nobody would pick the T34/85) In SF the Tiger is stronger compared to the T34/85 but is it as strong as it was in  real life????One easy way to increase the strenght of a tank is to increase the arm_str  value in the tech_cfg files
natalia99a
Major

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:53 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys  Smiley  The main cause of me getting wounded it seems was grenades, I need to watch those trenches better because when crossing one a little head popped up and lobbed one on me. I nearly peed my pants, the soldiers really add a lot to the game. as for getting wounded from hits that aren't causing visible damage, could that be from the anti tank rifles? I suppose it's possible to get sniped through a vision port isn't it?

@frinik hehe I figured out how to change values in tvt and got the tiger up to snuff and woohoo. (dances and sings with delight)  Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

Luciano De Crescenzo
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:00:07 AM »

Natalia,

The 'after-action report' will give a detailed picture about hits and damage incurred, down to each round  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:03:09 AM »

Wow Kudos Natalia! Could you explain to me how you did it please?I have TvsT which I play only sparingly as I am not the MP type and ZeeWolf's mods are limited in variety of missions( not his fault just a one-man team that's all).I'd be curious to know how you did it?

Re damage from AT rifles guns it depends what tank you are using and whether you had any portholes open.Those AT rifles normally won't go through armour thicker than 17 mm.If you are using an APC, or a light tank like the PanzerIIC or the Panzer III then it's conceivable they could take you out hitting some areas with thinner armour(The Panzer II has max 25 mm of armour).If you use a stronger , post 1943 tank or APC it's unlikely.

But the damage done by greandes in SF is out of proportion with reality.I have had a Tiger II destroyed by infantry throwing grenades at it!!! The infantry also seems to be able to trhoww grenades non stop.I have looked for the folder where this could tweaked but no luck so far!
natalia99a
Major

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »

Frinik I would be happy to send you the script files to look over. do you have a hotmail accnt? basically I just looked up the stats for the guns and armor and set them to real values(or at least as real as possible from multiple sources).
So now a t34 76 has to go for side and rear shots at 500 meters, and just so happens that's what I seen in a documentary on kursk battle. also I set t34 armor to 0% just like all german tanks were set.
Would have probably been better to set all others to represent angled armor but I got SF and am so addicted I can't stop playing lol. Some may grumble but it's more realistic and I have tried it from soviet side and have been able to use cover and speed to beat the heavy slow tiger so I'm sure that using good teamwork the soviet players can prevail.
The setting of soviet armor and guns in games to unrealistic values (and this is just my point of view) cheapens the heroic and costly victories of the soviet soldiers in ww2.  Smiley

Luciano De Crescenzo
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:04 AM »

No Natalia I don't have hotmail but I have Yahoo email account which I will PM to you.Yes please by all means send me those files!

Mind you Zee Wolf in his mods did address the issueYeah  and did strenghten the Tiger's armour but his mods aren't free! I am not sure the MMP5/7 crew really did .

Just discovered SF.Then there's plenty of mods and missions to add and also new maps.I'll email you the 10 maps that were included in the game but that just need to be installed.I encourage you to read the posts about the Mission editor including Freidrich Wilhelm's pdf tutorials on how to make missions because what truly separates SF from TvsT is the friendly mission editor which allows you to make your own stuff unlike TvsT's which is way too complicated!

The Tiger I was not as slow(up to 38 kmph on the road as legend or people think it was.It was able to pivot/rotate in a matter of seconds using its tracks and it's excellent gun and optics allowed long range kills the Soviet tankers could only dream of.But it was technically complicated to maintain and the suspension was prone to breaking down.

The Soviet tankers paid indeed a heavy price during the war but in no insignificant part owing to their lack of discipline(drunkenness and sloppy maintenance) and their leadership and military commanders prone to wasting their lives in ill conceived and unsophisticated tactics.

I agree with you that the Soviet tanks are too often an after thoughts in many sims as people want to play the super Tiger and the Soviet tnaks are just targets that are made not too dangerous for the pleasure and enjoyment of the masses.Try the KV-1; a tough tank and very underrated in my opinion.Before the Tiger came onto the wscene it was the monster tank "par excellence"!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: