Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 01:38:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vista - screenshots not ending up in users/scrshots folder?  (Read 4794 times)
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« on: August 29, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »

Hi all

Got SF working and modded but my screenshots seem to be disappearing. The game pauses when I hit F12 so I figure it's recording a screeny, but the users/scrshots folder in the main directory is empty. I have the sim saved into Program Files folder and UAC hasn't been a problem with mods installing or working, so I'm a bit stymied.

Any suggestions for where they might be saving would be appreciated.

smith
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »

I'd suggest doing a file-search for your screenshots, they're named "shot_<date&time>.jpg"

If there aren't any, the solution seems to me pretty obvious  Tongue

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »

it can also be that if you use any external program like Fraps that overides it (it uses F12 as default i think to take screenshots) Its just an idea Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 11:07:23 AM »

Thanks for the replies chaps - no sign anywhere on the system of my screenshots. I might just use Fraps instead...don't want to go to the trouble of reinstalling.

Funny thing is I also have APK43 and it saves screenshots into the right directory fine. I have free camera mod enabled - that wouldn't do it would it?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:11:11 AM by smithcorp » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »

Or a simple solution would be to start your game go into game options, click on control settings, general and see whther you take screenshot option is set to F12.Ifit's not then just set it and save the chnage if it is then try setting it to another key of your choice,save your setting play a mission take screenshots using your new key and then exit the game and check into yoru game main folder under users to see if your pics have been saved.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »

I have free camera mod enabled - that wouldn't do it would it?

Okay, that does ring a bell,

To get the the free-camera mod working you have to reload the default key settings first, it tramples over any previous settings - that might include the screen-capture key.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
smithcorp
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:26:02 AM »

Chaps - frinik, F12 is definitely the screenshot key in the control settings. Kyth - that may be it. I'll disable free camera mod tonight and see if that fixes it - the readme in free camera didn't mention any quirks like this though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: