Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 10:21:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What´s wrong with this script?  (Read 7055 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« on: June 26, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »

I´m still tweaking the USSR mission on my Orel map and i have a problem with AI not moving once reaching the first missiongoal

This is the script:
rus_infatt()
{

ext, ai_move, rusangriff, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_move, rustankzwischenziel02, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_move, rustankziel, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_move, russieg, false, -1, 15;
}
cs_main()
{

ext, add_misobj, brief, map_kurskkarte, 4, txt_brief_Rdsorel10, txt_rds1_order;
   nop;
   ext, add_misobj, order1, tnk_plat1, 1, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_01, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_01_sh;
   ext, sel_waypoint, rusangriff, 0xff00a040, txt_md_rdsorel10_1, 0;
   ext, add_mo, attack, area, 0xc0800000, , 6, , 0, map_rus_haus, -1, true, 0;
   ext, wait_tr, siege;
   ext, change_misobj, order1, 3;
   wait_time, 30;
   ext, sel_waypoint, rustankziel, 0xff00a040, txt_md_rdsorel10_2, 0;
   ext, add_misobj, order2, tnk_plat1, 1, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_02, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_02_sh;
   ext, add_mo, attack, area, 0xc0800000, , 6, , 0, map_rus_krapivna, -1, true, 0;
   ext, wait_tr, siege2;
   ext, change_misobj, order2, 3;
   wait_time, 30;
   ext, sel_waypoint,russieg, 0xff00a040, txt_md_rdsorel10_3, 0;
   ext, add_misobj, order3, tnk_plat1, 1, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_03, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_03_sh;
   ext, add_mo, attack, area, 0xc0800000, , 6, , 0, map_rus_ziel, -1, true, 0;
   ext, wait_tr, victory;
   ext, change_misobj, order3, 3;
}

AI is moving to the first objective called "rusangriff" but than do nothing. I get the trigger siege message and the new objective message.
The "rustankziel" square popup and the message to move there appears too. But AI does nothing. Any ideas?

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:25 AM »

I´m still tweaking the USSR mission on my Orel map and i have a problem with AI not moving once reaching the first missiongoal

This is the script:
rus_infatt()
{

ext, ai_move, rusangriff, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_move, rustankzwischenziel02, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_move, rustankziel, false, -1, 15;
   ext, ai_move, russieg, false, -1, 15;
}
cs_main()
{

ext, add_misobj, brief, map_kurskkarte, 4, txt_brief_Rdsorel10, txt_rds1_order;
   nop;
   ext, add_misobj, order1, tnk_plat1, 1, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_01, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_01_sh;
   ext, sel_waypoint, rusangriff, 0xff00a040, txt_md_rdsorel10_1, 0;
   ext, add_mo, attack, area, 0xc0800000, , 6, , 0, map_rus_haus, -1, true, 0;
   ext, wait_tr, siege;
   ext, change_misobj, order1, 3;
   wait_time, 30;
   ext, sel_waypoint, rustankziel, 0xff00a040, txt_md_rdsorel10_2, 0;
   ext, add_misobj, order2, tnk_plat1, 1, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_02, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_02_sh;
   ext, add_mo, attack, area, 0xc0800000, , 6, , 0, map_rus_krapivna, -1, true, 0;
   ext, wait_tr, siege2;
   ext, change_misobj, order2, 3;
   wait_time, 30;
   ext, sel_waypoint,russieg, 0xff00a040, txt_md_rdsorel10_3, 0;
   ext, add_misobj, order3, tnk_plat1, 1, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_03, txt_ldm_Rdsorel10_text_03_sh;
   ext, add_mo, attack, area, 0xc0800000, , 6, , 0, map_rus_ziel, -1, true, 0;
   ext, wait_tr, victory;
   ext, change_misobj, order3, 3;
}

AI is moving to the first objective called "rusangriff" but than do nothing. I get the trigger siege message and the new objective message.
The "rustankziel" square popup and the message to move there appears too. But AI does nothing. Any ideas?

Hi Rends,

The 2nd Russian infantry objective, 'rustankzwischenziel02', is it a contour on the map?
It's possible that the contour has been renamed or removed,

I'm not sure whether there's a limit to the name-length for a contour in the game, but that's a rather long one  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:10:33 AM »

May be there is restriction area, such as minefield?

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

Rends,

About the Russian Orel mission, the version I downloaded seems to work correctly in the Mission Editor;
the sole surviving T-34 from the player platoon made its way through the woods to the 2nd intermediate target and continued on to oblivion...  Smiley

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »

Kyth, can you test it in Game too? I don´t think that´s the name length but i can try to shorten it. All contours are still there and i checked the names a couple of times.
locky, yes there is a minefield in the near region but not overlapping with the other contours.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:27:32 PM »

Kyth, can you test it in Game too? I don´t think that´s the name length but i can try to shorten it. All contours are still there and i checked the names a couple of times.
locky, yes there is a minefield in the near region but not overlapping with the other contours.

Rends,

I think since this is the player's platoon, any orders issued to the platoon will override the script. Thereafter everything has to come from the player's instructions. Also, I think the 'Do as I do' option overrides the player's division script by default.

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

Sure but the russian infantry use the same script and should moving too and not staying at the outpost.

BTW: I played the mission yesterday. My 2 T-34 platoon tanks got lost in the battle against the StugIII. Once the outpost was captured i moved forward to the village Krapivna. I was a bit early and had to wait for the other platoons so i decided to go into hull down position near a forest.
I used the binoculars in the hope to locate the german tanks in Krapivna but i couldn´t find them. Seconds later i was shot by a single german soldier who managed to escaped from the outpost. Stupid death.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »

Sure but the russian infantry use the same script and should moving too and not staying at the outpost.

Since the infantry is from the same player platoon, you'll have to order them to move, directly.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »

Rends quote " I used the binoculars in the hope to locate the german tanks in Krapivna but i couldn´t find them. Seconds later i was shot by a single german soldier who managed to escaped from the outpost. Stupid death" unquote .

Rends take comfort in the fact that it happened to a veteran:

The most notable Jagdpanzer IV ace was Knight's Cross holder SS-Oberscharfuehrer Roy from the 12th SS Panzerjaeger Abteilung of 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend". He accounted for 36 tank kills with his Jagdpanzer IV, since the D-Day only to be killed by an American sniper, while looking out the cupola on December 17th of 1944, during the Ardennes Offensive.

I concur with Kyth if you write a script and then during the mission issue an Do as I do command it seems to overwrite the script.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »

Rends take comfort in the fact that it happened to a veteran:

The most notable Jagdpanzer IV ace was Knight's Cross holder SS-Oberscharfuehrer Roy from the 12th SS Panzerjaeger Abteilung of 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend". He accounted for 36 tank kills with his Jagdpanzer IV, since the D-Day only to be killed by an American sniper, while looking out the cupola on December 17th of 1944, during the Ardennes Offensive.

I have to admit, the same thing happened to famed (and fictitious) panzer ace, "Heinz Hellmann", who suffered large bullets to his noggin from time to time.
As usual, however, he lived to fight another day  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:09:37 AM »

Not to mention his fabled and determined opponent on the Allies side famous tank commander Major May O'Naiz  Grin of the Irish Guards who also narrowly escaped
a premature exit dodging snipers' bullets....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: