Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 06:41:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Fury MOD Iraq - Afghanistan!  (Read 18043 times)
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« on: July 24, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »

A new version of Steel Fury Iraq - Afghanistan at work!

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:33:36 AM »

Nice one, im sooo gonna do a Swedish Leopard if this is released!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:45 AM »

Steel Fury is WW2 sim it would be best if they kept that mod for Steel Armour Blaze of Fury instead.Having the Leopard I, II etc would be great but not on this sim please!WE need more WW2 models in fact, British, American and Germans too.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 03:11:47 AM »

Steel Fury is WW2 sim it would be best if they kept that mod for Steel Armour Blaze of Fury instead.Having the Leopard I, II etc would be great but not on this sim please!WE need more WW2 models in fact, British, American and Germans too.

I agree totally, there's a lot of WW2 stuff yet to be done. Save the modern stuff for 'Steel Armour: Blaze of War'.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
norm
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »

+100!
bidounegger
Major

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »

We have so many models to see  and drive in SF ! (I hope) if some peoples can make these  like Jagdpanzer IV, Hetzer, Nashorn ... for exemple ... side of german forces !
SF must stay WWII ! (I hope !)
Have a good night !
norm
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:10:11 PM »

We have so many models to see  and drive in SF ! (I hope) if some peoples can make these  like Jagdpanzer IV, Hetzer, Nashorn ... for exemple ... side of german forces !
SF must stay WWII ! (I hope !)
Have a good night !
we have the Hetzer...
bidounegger
Major

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »

Hello Norm !

Can you tell me in wich mission I can play the Hetzer ?
Thanks !
norm
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »

there is no mission for it currently, but it is in SF  1.5. If you fiddle about in the mission editor for a few minuets, you can swap out another tank hunter for it (say, the panzerjager I in it's missions) There was another thread explaning how to do this, maybe some one can direct you two it.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:45 AM »

I am so very looking forward to this. My 2nd Cousin was a tanker in the Thunder Run through Baghdad. Cheesy

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »

Bidounegger just email me I 'll explain to you how to do it or better still tell me which existing mission in SFwould you like me to use to switch the playable tank for a Hetzer and I can email it to you afterwards.Cheers
bidounegger
Major

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »

hello everybody !

Whukid,
I understand very weell what you're feeling if your 2nd cousin was a tanker at this moment.
But I think so that everybody is feeling something when that touches the peoples near you.
So why not make the conflict "Egypt- Israel " where many tanks were engaged ?
After , why not "battle tanks in vietnam " or over ?
I'm not against and I respect all peoples who  wer affected by these conflicts but SF was born to be WWII and personnaly, I think , SF must stay WWII.
Sorry for my (french) english !
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »

hello everybody !

Whukid,
I understand very weell what you're feeling if your 2nd cousin was a tanker at this moment.
But I think so that everybody is feeling something when that touches the peoples near you.
So why not make the conflict "Egypt- Israel " where many tanks were engaged ?
After , why not "battle tanks in vietnam " or over ?
I'm not against and I respect all peoples who  wer affected by these conflicts but SF was born to be WWII and personnaly, I think , SF must stay WWII.
Sorry for my (french) english !

No offense taken Smiley

Quite frankly, I'm open to any and everything people can offer to the game, including a modernized version. I love the missions and tanks and everything that everyone has created on here, but to be completely honest, there's only so many T-34's to knock out before it becomes a monotonous task instead of an exciting scenario.

Maybe it's just me, but I believe that the play-ability could benefit from a few Cold-War era scenario's using the T-34/85 and some new, American/French/British Tanks with native and Israeli paintjobs.

if anyone cares to try, I can help with the scripts and skins Smiley

bidounegger
Major

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »

Whukid !

Thanks for the answer !
but before  thinking last conflicts you wrote now wiht moderns tanks, why don't you think to WWII on the west front !?
so it will not be,so you said, so monotonous against T34, and that will stay in SF in WWII !
Many people like me should like to see created battles or missions on western front WWII better than on modern conflicts like : Afghanistan, Irak , Israel-Egpyte, ...
It's what I think but perhaps , it' s you who are right !  ...

Tanks sim need campains and  missions of wwII, SF give some , I 'm one of who like that;  there so much to see and play (in hope)... (with the help of missions and campaign makers - thanks to them !)

good night everybody !
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »

Whukid !

Thanks for the answer !
but before  thinking last conflicts you wrote now wiht moderns tanks, why don't you think to WWII on the west front !?
so it will not be,so you said, so monotonous against T34, and that will stay in SF in WWII !
Many people like me should like to see created battles or missions on western front WWII better than on modern conflicts like : Afghanistan, Irak , Israel-Egpyte, ...
It's what I think but perhaps , it' s you who are right !  ...

Tanks sim need campains and  missions of wwII, SF give some , I 'm one of who like that;  there so much to see and play (in hope)... (with the help of missions and campaign makers - thanks to them !)

good night everybody !

The problem with the western front is that it was mostly fought in the air. The "armored battles" were more of an ambush from concealed German Tigers and Flak guns. Every mission would have to have lots and lots of Allied Airplanes on call, which would drastically lower the effectiveness of the German players, since mere cannon rounds can puncture the top of a Tiger 1 turret

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:11 AM »

there's only so many T-34's to knock out before it becomes a monotonous task 

Believe me, it's Not that Monotonous if you're in a tin-can tank like the Panzer III or 38(t)... each one becomes a major victory  Grin

Try a different WW2 tank, there're many to choose from,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 01:16:15 PM »

Work on the modification will be continued! Wish you like it or not. Do not worry guys, you can not install the mod if you do not like! Most asked to comment only on the subject. Thank you.

BMP-2
bidounegger
Major

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »

Hello !
yes , I've read in normandy, battles tanks were with jabos of US and GB forces.
Some times , the weather was so bad that there were no jabo and at this moment, it was only tanks battle ,
whith some tiger II so ...one of better tanks of WWII
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 09:12:25 PM »

Hi stone2009,
Please try and understand no one here is really wishing any ill for the modern armor direction you and your fellow modders are undertaking for SFK42 (which looks fantastic BTW). I think most here are a little more concerned that this new direction might siphon off alot of the modders now working on the WW2 aspect of SFK42 then the ability to use modern armor in SFK42. Try to understand that the Western buyers of SFK42 did not get a very good "how too" for SFK42. My understanding was the RU version included video tutorials, all we got here was a .pdf manual that was incomplete and lacking in many critical areas. We understand this was not Graviteams fault but Lighthouse that messed that up. So for us it's been very slow going, but thanks to some dedicated people here we are starting to make headway, but we still have a ways to go before we approach the knowledge level of SFK42 that many of your fellow SFK42 modders have known for sometime. I fully understand SFK42 WW2 aspect might be getting a little long in the tooth for some and injecting something in a new more modern direction is always good for a games staying power, but I think most here (including myself) just don't want the work on WW2 aspect of SFK42 from you and your group to stop totally.
S!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:18:45 PM by Panzerfaust » Logged
stone2009
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »

Do not worry guys, work on WW2 for SF will be continued! In the near future will tank Churchill!
Modification of the Steel Fury Iraq - Afghanistan does not distract other modders I do this one.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: