Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 01:02:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: JagdTiger [Released, Page1]  (Read 105947 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »

Ok Yes I know the reloading time for the JT is long but in this case I get the German order to stop loading so it's not slow reload.Plus the fact that there's no shell name assigned to the shell type in the small rectangle means there's something missing!

Thanks for the hwlp Guys! I would hate to have to trade my brand new Jagdtiger for a used panzer III at Kyth's Pre-Owned Panzermotor Dealer  Grin
Kyth are you talking about the shells entrybin the commn res shells paragraph or the one in the tech_cfg folder?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »

Ok Yes I know the reloading time for the JT is long but in this case I get the German order to stop loading so it's not slow reload.Plus the fact that there's no shell name assigned to the shell type in the small rectangle means there's something missing!

Thanks for the hwlp Guys! I would hate to have to trade my brand new Jagdtiger for a used panzer III at Kyth's Pre-Owned Panzermotor Dealer  Grin
Kyth are you talking about the shells entrybin the commn res shells paragraph or the one in the tech_cfg folder?

The shells() entries in the common_res.engcfg file,

I just did a fresh installation. If everythings copied over okay, the gunner's screen should look like this:

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »

I also am having problems with this. The mission runs and plays ok from what I can tell. My reloading takes forever (I assume that's to be expected) but it does reload automatically. I have no machine gun firing at all. I guess my major annoyance is that even tho I may have a shell loaded if there is a close impact the gun jams and won't fire. I tried this three times late last night and never lasted longer than the initial impact of enemy rounds. Almost seems like something is very fragile.

I'm going to re-copy/paste all the related files to see what happens. I know this is a glitch and this excellent work will eventually be sorted out.

Great Job to all involved!!!!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »

I re-entered all the shells entries in both tech_cfg and common res files and no difference.My gunner screen looks like your except there's no entry for the shell name
12.8 mm PzGr 40/43. and no number of shells indicated nor does the shell load on the small righ-hand side screen once shell has been loaded and is ready to be fired.I am stumped.

To tets something i did a little experiment; I lauched a mission with 3 Ai jagdtigers and 3 Jagpanthers , one being the player's tank.I pitted our zug aginst lots of Soviet tanks and SUs to see fi the AI Jagdtigers would be able to shoot.None of them were able.All 3 were destroyed without firing a shot.Only MG rounds!!!!.I destroyed  9 Sov units and my wingment another 6 and we were finally destroyed by the other 25 or so enemy tanks left  Grin. So obviously the problem is not limited to the player's tank but extends to all the JTs in my game.BTW is this mod meant to be compatible with Nta 1.3 or 1.4 only????I am totally mystified???It never happened to me before.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

hemisent:

can you explain further about what you mean by gun jam? Is it from direct hits? can you please take screenshots of where it did hit etc? You can send them by Pm or link in this thread

frinik:

do you have skype or something else so we can be in contact realtime. so i can try to reproduce your problem and figure it out. Send by PM plz

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »

Sorry Donken I don't have skype.Look what I will do is re-install the mod on another install and see how it goes and report to you by PM.I will try tomorrow and report.I am sure it's not a bug but something i did or didn't do.Anyway your model looks great and while it does not bark for me it sure impresses.The Jagdpanthers look so small next to those ginats .But they got killed so easily.Are they strong enough in terms of arm_strength?I increased the arm_strength of the Tiger II from 100 to 105 in my tech_cfg and it makes a real difference in terms of them nto beign killede except to the side or at short distances and by 85 mm or above calibre.Great work on this model despite my little problems. Smiley
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »

Oki frinik, plz do a totally clean install first and see. Hopefully it solves your problem

And about that it gets killed easy sometimes, i dont know how. but i think it is in limitations in the game engine. the armor map is correct and vs all specs in the engcfg files it haves 120mm lower glacis, 150mm upper glacis and superstructure is 250mm. So for exactly all guns in this game it should be theoretically immune at almost any range, but thats not the case. i dont know how. most probably because a few guns are overpowered. and in game it really only have one weakspot from front (wich irl it wasnt) and that is when it got hit straight under the gun mantle, because the game engine have a little weird behavior against slopes the shells doesnt bounce as they should and therefore the shell bounce into the front hatches (shells bounce backwards).

rest of the armor is exactly the same as kingtiger, 80mm at sides and back, so everything penetrates there very easy and tanks in sf have a tendency to turn around under fire. so nothing i can do about that im afraid Sad

EDIT: just did a clean install and tried out both lockies mission+jt pack and my own release and both worked "out of the box" without problems. So try a 100% clean install frinik!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:53:58 PM by Donken » Logged

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »

is this mod meant to be compatible with Nta 1.3 or 1.4 only????I am totally mystified???It never happened to me before.
It works perfect vs both mods and all JT's quite confidently shoot all the enemy units.

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2011, 01:34:54 AM »

Hi,

I have a theory, which may also apply to other mods that require additional config entries.
Without a shred of evidence to back it up, but hear me out anyway,

I think some non-standard, non-QWERTY keyboards may spew out invisible characters which could confuse the game and any config settings. Something I encountered a long time back.

You might try pasting the config entries with empty lines separating them, for instance create 3 empty lines and paste the new entry in the middle like this:

<---previous config entry
<-------(Empty line)
<-------New config line - paste new entry here
<-------(Empty line)
}

Also avoid adding any tabs or spaces to the lines,

Good luck!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2011, 02:15:59 AM »

Thank you Gentlemen! Should I fail then I will have to blow up my brand new JT so it does not fall into enemy's hands and then buy a used Panzer III from Kyth Roll Eyes
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2011, 08:19:09 AM »

Why is my sight looked like this? Huh?

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2011, 08:25:29 AM »

For me it looks like that when i forgot to install the widescreen patch. Have you tested that? I see in your screenshot you dont use widescreen thou but it could be worth testing that anyway?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »

Re-installed mod on a different game.Carefully double-checking everything twice and tested.Same problem,.Model is in game I can access the gunsight but no shell name and the moment I try loading I get the same message giving the order in German to stop loading.Will download mod anew in case my first download was corrupted or bugged and will try re-installing one last time.If it does not work then will drop JT.No point is redoing it a zillion times.

Cheers!
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2011, 04:06:16 PM »

In fact, in my game, the same problem also occurred in the other tanks, such as Pz4 and Panthers. And this was before the installation of the jagdtiger mod.

歯車には歯車の意地がある
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »

I hqve some ideas kindly proposed by Donken and a couple of my own to try and see if they work out.But thanks to Lockie's mission I was able to test and play the Beast!Thanks Donken, Lockie and Kyth for the help and opportunity.

Y99661027 have you been able to solve your issues with the panzer Iv and Panther?What were the problems?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »

Y99661027 have you been able to solve your issues with the panzer Iv and Panther?What were the problems?

Hi everyone,

If you do solve your problems please let us know, don't keep everyone in suspense,

"Yes."
wiekniera
Oberleutnant

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:44 AM »

helo guys,
i just add jagdtiger mod to my arsenal, everything work except ammo name just wont show up and also in mission editor those jagdtiger name become "unknown ?"
btw i use data and level file from spm1.5_fix1.4 to add this mod, is it right? i follow all step from document file in jagdtiger mod and check all of it, did i miss something? because i add Jagdpanzer IV mod having no trouble
maybe someone can send me the correct file would be appreciate or post it here?
thanks

in mission editor :

in-game screenshot :

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:46:22 AM by wiekniera » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »

everything work except ammo name just wont show up and also in mission editor those jagdtiger name become "unknown ?"
U can d/l mission jagdtiger and compare where mistakes are or d/l last update for spm1.5
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9792.0

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2012, 01:00:41 PM »

I had that same problem with Donken's Jagdtiger's mod as you can see from my posts.I was never able to solve this problem of the shell not loading.What I did was to use Lockie's Jagdtiger missions to manually paste every fiel required to have the Jadgtiger into the Mission Editor and my problem was solved the PaK 44 gun would load shells normally.Likewsie in the Ultimate mod I have no problems with the JT.In fact the only problem I ran into was the Churchill .I wa sunable to load the main gun as when i pressed R I would get the message " do not relaod"!Tried all the keys no solution.I checked the common res folder and foun that the weapons line for the QF6 gun was missing.Pasted it but still the gun would not load.Checked the tech_cfg folder for the Churchill and hit the jackpot; one of the entries for the gunner started with //.Removed it and bingo my R key would give the signal to load a shell.

Your Huh? in  the ME indicate that you are missing a text file.Check your SPM NTA 1.3_units text file to make sure the Jagdtiger is listed.

Another possibility is that it's missing in the common_defs.engcfg" folder.Again check the various entries: units, groups, random and editor to make sure it's not missing.
wiekniera
Oberleutnant

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »

there's no problem with the shell ammo reloading but only with text ammo name...anyway thanks for the advices guys!  i'll try it

cheers  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: