Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 10:14:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121186 times)
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »

Hi Andrey  , thanks for all the hard work so far  Smiley
Thanks

I just sat with my head in my hands watching a MkIII disappear into a hole it made with its own 75mm
Screenshot please

Hazards that a tank driver might face .....  trees , holes , other vehicles  .... is it so hard to make the AI avoid these traps ?  The AI drive until they hit something  , cant they see further than 2 feet ? In 4 games i lost about 4-5 vehicles ... all to falling into craters and infantry trenches : /
Screenshots please. Its to hard say about it without it.

Why do units reach a waypoint and turn with rear towards the enemy ?
Any waypoint has own direction which put from you then order is sent.
Please screenshot again Smiley

Afraid i rage quit so no screenshot  Lips Sealed

I can describe the action , 6 MKII and 2 MKIII N  , facing some infantry and a 37mm .. .. the 37mm fired a few rounds making a few holes , the MKIII's returned fire making a few more holes ... when my tanks advance a MKII got stuck in a hole ..ok no problem i can nudge it out with a MKIII ... it worked ... then the MKIII slides into the same hole

Where is that panzergranadier column i ordered to flank , ok thats right ..one vehicle is on its way the rest are all facing each other in a tiny group : /  so do i micro manage and give individual orders ?  

I'll play another game and hope i dont fall into any more holes ... if i do i'll screenshot .

All of this is summed up by asking can you extend the AI collision detection and hazard avoidance ?  Now the AI cant see past 2 feet when driving .

I wanted a tank to move about 5 feet forwards ... it turned and drove about 15 feet to the side and then drove to the spot i asked , but if i tell it to rotate to the spot and then drive forward it manages to obey..

Not much point giving me order options to issue if they are only vague guidance  ...if i want a platoon to assault i dont just wave a floppy hand in the direction .. i give them definite orders ...or am i not in charge ?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »

All of this is summed up by asking can you extend the AI collision detection and hazard avoidance ?  Now the AI cant see past 2 feet when driving .
He does so, but that he should see the obstacle and not to fight. Well, the terrain must be able to.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »

I'll have to have a look at these mods. Once I find them am I to assume that I can use one or the other?

I'd like to state what the game does very well in regards to sound and that is of explosions. It is great to hear the delayed sounds of a distant barrage.

I'm not sure how to articulate this but IMO many of the sounds are flat especially the small arms fire. They don't cover a far enough area away from the source for one and they just seem stifled and subdued. This goes for the engine noises too. Maybe it is a hardware thing and superior range for some of the sounds would be too taxing on hardware? I'm not sure. But, I live in an area where many people practice small arms shooting and I can quickly determine around where the sounds originate, and many are from neighbors some distance away.

Ill try the mods and then see where the sounds stand. I really should have played and concentrated on what I think is lacking before offering a suggestion to improve them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:13:14 PM by Missouri_Rebel » Logged
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »

I don´t remember if I have posted this in simhq forum before, but....

there are two attack sites.
When you move the mouse on the right site there are red dots which show which units will be involved in the fight.

But if you move the mouse first on the left attack site and then on the right the red dots are missing in some units which should be involved.

orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »

He does so, but that he should see the obstacle and not to fight. Well, the terrain must be able to.

I can't make any technical explanation , because I don't know how the game is coded at all , but after observing the AI manoeuvre , I can imagine that a point extends front and back .. maybe even 360 degrees around a unit .. that tells a vehicle when he will collide with an object ... either scenery or another vehicle , currently vehicles only take avoiding action when they are touching or very close
..  are we off into a deep area asking for collision detection at a higher level ... to extend the area out a bit further ?

Is it even possible for a tank to know if a crater is in its path or not ?

If not , then maybe heavily shelled areas could be coded "on the fly" as impassible ...  an area that any sensible tanker wouldn't even try to cross ... so goes around ? Same for defences , trenches etc

The weighting seems too high on the physics models , seen a lot of halftracks and tanks stood on end after crossing uneven terrain , maybe moving the weighting/centre of gravity down lower would work ?

not asking much , just recode every vehicle in the game is all  Kiss

Even after these small points its such a cool game  8)

* off to finish the campaign ..i'm across the river ...just awaiting the release of the reserve Tigers ! Wink

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2012, 04:30:03 AM »

It seems I didn't have the VSPOSM mod enabled. I forgot about that one. Was there any other sound mods to try out?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:35 AM »

It seems I didn't have the VSPOSM mod enabled. I forgot about that one. Was there any other sound mods to try out?

There is 1 or 2 on the Sukhoi Russian forum,but they're rather difficult to access without a translator and you have to sift thru ads and timers to activate them,but it sounds good and I use it.But like I said it's a PITA to activate.If you want to,give it a shot.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=66230

The one I use is called Front sound mod 1.01
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:08:47 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2012, 06:38:33 AM »

Yikes. You are right. It is a pain.

I might try another day unless someone has hosted it on an English site.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2012, 06:49:14 AM »

I finally got it.  Oh, and I think I inadvertently ordered a bride also.

Thanks.
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »

So i carried on playing and got the screenshot you wanted ...

So , i hoped it was isolated event ... nope ... synchronised tank balancers  : /  its like some cosmic alignment ...

Do you tell me this is working as intended ?

The one closest drove in and out of the hole 3 times before they got to this point .....  cant they just avoid the holes  ?

At least once they found a hole make them avoid it  , not play in it like the war finished and they are back to 8yr old playing in the sandpit .

Undecided
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:53:45 PM by orson » Logged

benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »

There are certainly some pathfinding adjustments to still be made. I have also seen AFV's get stuck in shell holes. As well as try to drive up a building, rather than around it.
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »

On a brighter note ... tank assaults now are just amazing when they go right...watched these 3 MKIII's assault a village , popping smoke as they went ...

...also watched with jaw open as a Tiger fires its anti infantry grenade into a trench  !!  Amazing game

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »

Those crew members need to go back to driving school for retraining,and they should be shown scratching their heads in that shot. Grin

Actually,if those drivers were under my command,their transfer papers to the infantry would already be sent. Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:35:16 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »

There is 1 or 2 on the Sukhoi Russian forum,but they're rather difficult to access without a translator and you have to sift thru ads and timers to activate them,but it sounds good and I use it.But like I said it's a PITA to activate.If you want to,give it a shot.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=66230

The one I use is called Front sound mod 1.01

I was able to fudge my way through and get was is titled Atmospheric_Sound_Mod_v1.07. It is a huge improvement. The small arms from a couple different rifles are too subdued still but the battle sounds are immersive.

Andrey, what is bothering me about the sounds, especially the vehicle sounds is this;

If I have the camera positioned on the tank I get the loudest sounds as you would expect. As I rotate the camera the sounds get more quiet. Maybe not entirely realistic but it does convey that I am not focused on that area and allows for direction determination, even if the camera/position wasn't moved much in terms of distance. This is something I would definitely not change.

But as I continue to rotate the camera away from the vehicle the sounds disappear completely even though the vehicle is still very close.

My suggestion, if it were possible, would be to put a limit on how low of a level the sounds go to while still being in close proximity to the source. i.e. Make them low and muffled but not gone completely.

Hope this makes sense.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »

This..this is a major issue that really needs fixing before any other new features etc etc. Something must be done with regards to Tanks moving around obstacles..or if it can't be done make the craters\ trenches etc in away where a tank can get back out again..

As for tank assaults..well I find they try an close to much rather than keep back abit..they move in like Infantry moving up for close combat. I'd rather see the Tanks stay back and try and gain tactical advantage from distance (well within effective range).

So i carried on playing and got the screenshot you wanted ...

So , i hoped it was isolated event ... nope ... synchronised tank balancers  : /  its like some cosmic alignment ...

Do you tell me this is working as intended ?

The one closest drove in and out of the hole 3 times before they got to this point .....  cant they just avoid the holes  ?

At least once they found a hole make them avoid it  , not play in it like the war finished and they are back to 8yr old playing in the sandpit .

Undecided
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:13:14 PM by wodin » Logged
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »

Those crew members need to go back to driving school for retraining,and they should be shown scratching their heads in that shot. Grin

Actually,if those drivers were under my command,their transfer papers to the infantry would already be sent. Cheesy

The reward for such driving is to be sent off to charge enemy machine guns under a no fire order !  Angry

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »

I once had a platoon of infantry refuse to assault an imobilized Russian T-34.I ordered them repeatedly to attack it and they refused and would just mill around it like it was a May Pole and doing absolutely nothing.I eventually was able to bring an Artillery barrage down on the tank and destroy it and I left the mutinous platoon in place to suffer under the same HE barrage as punishment for failing their unit,comrades and Fuhrer.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:52:53 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

I once had a platoon of infantry refuse to assault an imobilized Russian T-34.I ordered them repeatedly to attack it and they refused and would just mill around it like it was a May Pole and doing absolutely nothing.I eventually was able to bring an Artillery barrage down on the tank and destroy it and I left the mutinous platoon in place to suffer under the same HE barrage as punishment for failing their unit,comrades and Fuhrer.

Infantry do not attack if they are out of grenades.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »

In this instance this was a reserve platoon that was behind the main line of resistance,kept especially in reserve to counter attack any breach in that line.They should have had at least a basic load of grenades considering this was their only combat assignment for the whole battle.

They failed miserably and their reward for failure was friendly fire Arty barrage.
My way of dispensing military field justice Grin
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »

In this instance this was a reserve platoon that was behind the main line of resistance,kept especially in reserve to counter attack any breach in that line.They should have had at least a basic load of grenades considering this was their only combat assignment for the whole battle.

They failed miserably and their reward for failure was friendly fire Arty barrage.
My way of dispensing military field justice Grin

Grin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: