Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 10:41:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121189 times)
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »

There is huge bug with placing MGs inside the bulding. It's impossible to do. They simple don't want to enter bulding instead they deploy outside on open ground or street ;/ Sometimes they just walk around.

MG walking around the building. They've made full circle or two and after that they deployed in an open ground

Same here

Here MG is deployed behind the bulding. Two men are inside but not even in front of it.

After few of my attempts to redeploy them whole squad is sitting in front of that bulding and yes on open ground

Regular infantry squads behave much better but still there are some problems. As I said once before, sometimes there are some freaks in squads who don't won't to lay in cover with rest but instead of this they prefer open ground. Enemy see them and open fire first(I don't have screen right now). Ambush failed before it even starts. Infantry is also to weak against tanks in close combat (woods, cities). I see situations like one lonely tank was holding against almost whole platoon in dense woods. Tank killed most of the man before he was damaged. For maybe 10 minutes nobody was even firing. They were staring at each other. Of course there are opposite situations where infantry simply smash tanks that are without cover in woods but i Think right now infantry is definitely too weak against tanks. Once I've seen tank that stopped just before foxhole(he almost entered it), killed all man inside and then go to next faxhole where he did the same.

Last think. I don't know is it possible to fix but enemy AI is too often sending his tanks without infantry into villages or forest.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:11:25 AM by Beelzeboss » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »

I was able to fudge my way through and get was is titled Atmospheric_Sound_Mod_v1.07. It is a huge improvement. The small arms from a couple different rifles are too subdued still but the battle sounds are immersive.

I just tried this sound mod also v1.07 and it does sound rather subdued for some weapons,you may want to try the front sound mod v1.01 by Helmul for a comparison.

I swithched back to that one because it sounds better too me.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »

I was able to fudge my way through and get was is titled Atmospheric_Sound_Mod_v1.07. It is a huge improvement. The small arms from a couple different rifles are too subdued still but the battle sounds are immersive.

I just tried this sound mod also v1.07 and it does sound rather subdued for some weapons,you may want to try the front sound mod v1.01 by Helmul for a comparison.

Got a link for that?

Seems like it read that this 1.07 could be used in conjunction with the Helmul mod and that they both have to be placed above the update.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »

Same link as earlier it should be in the 1st posting for that link.I thought I read or translated that Helmul updated his sound mod after the last August updates.Like I said earlier I tried both sound mods and noticed a difference(don't know if it is attributed to my PC configurations)But,I found The Front Sound mod 1.01 to sound better to me.This could be a personal preference on my part,I'm not sure.But to me the sounds were more distinct.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »

http://rusfolder.com/33747316

Here is the link for it. Downloading now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:23:37 PM by Missouri_Rebel » Logged
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »

Have been having a go with that link for a couple of days now,
And just keep getting "At the moment foreign traffic from this file is larger than Russia 's."
And it wont let me do anything!
Im trying to get Atmospheric Sound Mod v1.07, anybody outside of Russia got this?

And one other thing, ive noticed most of the buildings in game have thatched roofs, but they dont seem to burn to well, even after taking direct HE hits, which should set fire to most things. Minor point!

Dear Santa, ive been a good boy, can we have more burning things please!  Wink
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:01:21 PM by Schuck » Logged
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »

Have been having a go with that link for a couple of days now,
And just keep getting "At the moment foreign traffic from this file is larger than Russia 's."
And it wont let me do anything!
Im trying to get Atmospheric Sound Mod v1.07, anybody outside of Russia got this?

And one other thing, ive noticed most of the buildings in game have thatched roofs, but they dont seem to burn to well, even after taking direct HE hits, which should set fire to most things. Minor point!

Dear Santa, ive been a good boy, can we have more burning things please!  Wink

Here you go. Atmospheric 1.07

http://keep2share.cc/file/50d0f7589def2

and the front sound mod

http://keep2share.cc/file/50d0f8bd70239

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:10:27 PM by Missouri_Rebel » Logged
budd
Major

« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2012, 12:32:04 AM »

Got a link for that?

Seems like it read that this 1.07 could be used in conjunction with the Helmul mod and that they both have to be placed above the update.

post if you get these working together, please. So these would go at the top of the list? What is the proper order for things on the update screen these days anyway.
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »

What about those MGs? Is it known bug, is it going to be fixed or are you not going to change that? Or maybe I'm just grumbling? Wink

And back to the infantry vs tank once more. I don't know how it would look like in reality but is this not happening too often?

As I know driving with tank into city or forest without infantry cover is bad for the tank. But in game there are many situation like this were tanks in those situations are simply butchering infantry. In this example matilda killed almost entire squad and most of the second. Then he just drive away

Fire arc give me nothing in this case. Problem is that units sometimes are deployed outside the cover and this makes them visible to enemy. I don't know how to go around this.

Please upload a screenshot with this issue.

Here is example:

I wanted to place an ambush here. I give them defence order still some men are standing outside the bulding. Sometimes there are similar situations while hiding in woods
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:21:09 PM by Beelzeboss » Logged
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »

Suggestion to reduce mincromanagement of some weapon systems.

Problem:
Units given the area fire order will keep on firing untill they run out of ammunition. To prevent this player must closely watch and micromanage units that are firing on an area: player must calculate every round fired and stop the fire manually by himself.

Solution:
Player should be able to determine duration or number of rounds fired by area fire order. Maybe this could be done by right-clicking area fire icon to cycle through different options. Area firing units should automatically stop firing after the ordered duration or number of rounds fired.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »

Suggestion to reduce mincromanagement of some weapon systems.

Problem:
Units given the area fire order will keep on firing untill they run out of ammunition. To prevent this player must closely watch and micromanage units that are firing on an area: player must calculate every round fired and stop the fire manually by himself.

Solution:
Player should be able to determine duration or number of rounds fired by area fire order. Maybe this could be done by right-clicking area fire icon to cycle through different options. Area firing units should automatically stop firing after the ordered duration or number of rounds fired.

Its not reduces, its expanded micromanagement Smiley

Manual area firing is obsolete feature and will be removed soon.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »

What about those MGs? Is it known bug, is it going to be fixed or are you not going to change that? Or maybe I'm just grumbling? Wink
Its not a bug. Heavy machine guns can not be placed in the buildings, its available only for LMGs.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »

Andrey, but how would we be able to prepare an assault without area fire from mortars or sIGs/76.2 mod.1927?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »

Andrey, but how would we be able to prepare an assault without area fire from mortars or sIGs/76.2 mod.1927?

With automatic targeting from spotters and commanders coming through an communications prepared by user. In March alpha patch, you can look a prototype for this system.

Direct fire control manually by user is unrealistic and has a big price in new command system.

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »

Andrey
Surely there has to be some form of manual area firing/support firing. Wether direct (MG's, mortars) or indirect (artillery, rocket)
To remove this is to remove a basic military tactic.

Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2012, 11:11:47 PM »

I have to admit that after watching those videos you linked here Andrey, I'm even more confused. That is perhaps because of the lack of visible cursor that shows what options you used to set up the indirect fire at those Jerry APCs.
By the way, does the mortar spotter (or a spotter of other indirect firing weapons) try to lead the moving targets? Or does he only direct fire at the current position of a moving vehicle? Does he predict target's movement path?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »

Andrey
Surely there has to be some form of manual area firing/support firing. Wether direct (MG's, mortars) or indirect (artillery, rocket)
To remove this is to remove a basic military tactic.

Why?
Is the battalion commander (which is a player in the game) gives instructions to each gun and mortar to shoot?
Its not a "basic military tactics" - this is a flagrant violation of subordination and subjection  Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »

I have to admit that after watching those videos you linked here Andrey, I'm even more confused. That is perhaps because of the lack of visible cursor that shows what options you used to set up the indirect fire at those Jerry APCs.

No options or cursor. Its fully automatic through battery and fire platoon commanders.
The only thing that is required from player is to establish a communications.

By the way, does the mortar spotter (or a spotter of other indirect firing weapons) try to lead the moving targets? Or does he only direct fire at the current position of a moving vehicle? Does he predict target's movement path?
In current alpha only positions is used. The next version will be shooting adjusted to a direction and speed, if it allows to send through the communications.

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »

Ok so are my guys going to start dropping artillery on any lone soldier that wanders into los?  Will I need to order hold fire on all my mortars to stop them wasting all their shells?  Can I still shell an area that has no enemy spotted but I know they're there?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »

Ok so are my guys going to start dropping artillery on any lone soldier that wanders into los? 

They will not shoot at a lone soldier through indirect fire. Only direct if see it.

Will I need to order hold fire on all my mortars to stop them wasting all their shells? 
You can select who shot and who not.

Can I still shell an area that has no enemy spotted but I know they're there?
Automaticaly if AI think. Fire manually to area by individual unit basis through battalion commander (user) is not a realistic.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: