Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 11:28:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121193 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2013, 02:19:03 AM »

I'm playing the Alpha..but haven't a clue whats going on to be honest. Also I'm going by what Andrey is saying the future game will be like once it's all implemented. I don't think the alpha yet is anywhere near like how it's going to be as alot of the features Andrey is saying aren't in yet fully.

Everything seemed to be the same except the blue bar and all the new info icons above the troops. I carried on playing as I normally do and not sure if the new features actually make a difference..I didn't notice anything anyway. However I'm sure once it's all done it will play differently. Oh and mortars don't work properly because the new comms isn't working yet I think. Well you can't give them indirect fire orders anymore..and so they don't actually fire. I had a whole load of mortars and they didn't fire a shot all game..I wasn't sure whether I'm supposed to send the HQ out somewhere to spot or what? Also I don't know how you work out if some comms are by radio thus no wire needed or messengers..infact I thought wire men mainly fixed the wires from the FO of an ARTY  unit back to the Art battery...in this game it looks like every unit is connected by wire. Abit confusing.

Well it is an alpha test.....not even a beta test.  So indeed mortars will not often take orders.  They do still work if they have line of sight and somehow I got a mortar halftrack to fire at stuff without LOS.  The wire thing would be one of the things units would do to comunicate if they had no radio or even if they did have em.  if you look at many armys up thru the 60 and 70's would find wire spools everywhere within units.  It is a largly secure como method.  Unless the line is spliced into.  No radio transmission to intercept and way faster than runners.

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:58 AM »

Exactly..playing the alpha doesn't give someone at the moment and idea on how the game will play once everything is done..it seems fine a the moment and my fingers are crossed.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »

I think alpha march patch gives a good idea of new features that are coming. It's just difficult to decrypt the meaning of everything, but I think I've managed to understand at least the principles of those features. Smiley
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »

Code:
Critical error
001: An error has occurred while initializing the program
Rakitnoe, March 8-9 1943
253 Rifle, 195 Tank Bde.
Turn 3/10
Tactical Battle at map square 11-5
Crash after deployment phase (during trench digging).

I have played through three turns with the Alpha3 patch installed.
Now, trying the Alpha4 patch without restarting the campaign.
Could this be the cause of the crash?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »

Code:
Critical error
001: An error has occurred while initializing the program
Rakitnoe, March 8-9 1943
253 Rifle, 195 Tank Bde.
Turn 3/10
Tactical Battle at map square 11-5
Crash after deployment phase (during trench digging).

I have played through three turns with the Alpha3 patch installed.
Now, trying the Alpha4 patch without restarting the campaign.
Could this be the cause of the crash?
May be. States is changing during each patch.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:03:38 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »

This crash does happen only if I manually place my units on the map.
If, on the other hand, I load the mission and immediately afterwards end the deployment phase, the game does not crash. Weird.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »

This crash does happen only if I manually place my units on the map.
If, on the other hand, I load the mission and immediately afterwards end the deployment phase, the game does not crash. Weird.
Please pack "out" folder immediate after crash and upload in any fileshosting, and share link for me.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »

Okay, I PMed you the logs.
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

I have only one question. Once more about those HMG in buildings cause I don't understand why HMG can't be deployed in a bulding? In every other game of this kind it is possible. Are they wrong? I think it shouldn't be a problem to mount HMG in a building. Maybe it should take more time to deploy but it should be possible.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:07:47 PM by Beelzeboss » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:34 AM »

I have only one question. Once more about those HMG in buildings cause I don't understand why HMG can't be deployed in a bulding? In every other game of this kind it is possible. Are they wrong? I think it shouldn't be a problem to mount HMG in a building. Maybe it should take more time to deploy but it should be possible.

Its more an issue with how the game handles heavy MG's.  It handles them like mortars (which you would never put in a building).  The infantry have MG guys armed with the correct type of machine guns for side/period.  The support weapons with tripods or gun sleds (maxim) or MG42 with its tripod are not really well suited for inside building.  The larger issue as I see it is that the ai (and game engine) would have no idea where to place them in the building.  Plus the infantry squads already have MG's like mg34 and such that are allready deployed correct in buildings.  It is probably possible to do with some new code and modifiing all the buildings in game however?  No idea.  But is it worth the effort?  ANd could turn into bug central right fast.  IMO its better to place a regualr MG squad (Soviet side) and back it up with maxim or diska provideing over watch anyways.  If done right vary effective.

Yabba dabba do
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

Hi chaps,

This is probably an old bug but I watched a KV-1 tank attempt to cross a bridge whose first span had been destroyed and it drove straight into the icy river and disapeared beneath the water never to be seen again as if it thought the bridge was still there.

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »

Platoon and squad efficiency:
- Currently in-game: efficiency of platoon is calculated with respect to beginning of tactical battle (always 3 stars, even if only one man alive in a platoon/squad! Not very useful...)
- Suggestion: calculate efficiency of platoon/squad with respect to full strenght of platoon/squad.

Option 8.12: Show distance and LOS
- Notification: Graphical presentation of mouse cursor and range indication are overlapping (can't see the range under the cursor)

Thermal vision:
- Currently in-game: thermal vision can only be enabled with zoom.
- Suggestion: Enable/disable thermal vision without zoom by right-clicking binocular icon - the effect takes place immediately. Enable/disable zoom by left-clicking the icon.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »

Platoon and squad efficiency:
- Currently in-game: efficiency of platoon is calculated with respect to beginning of tactical battle (always 3 stars, even if only one man alive in a platoon/squad! Not very useful...)
What means efficiency? What a stars?

- Suggestion: calculate efficiency of platoon/squad with respect to full strenght of platoon/squad.
That is exactly what is done.

|
- Suggestion: Enable/disable thermal vision without zoom by right-clicking binocular icon - the effect takes place immediately. Enable/disable zoom by left-clicking the icon.
But why?
This is an auxiliary variety of binoculars, what is it for no zoom is not clear.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »

Hi chaps,

This is probably an old bug but I watched a KV-1 tank attempt to cross a bridge whose first span had been destroyed and it drove straight into the icy river and disapeared beneath the water never to be seen again as if it thought the bridge was still there.

Regards

Aces

Tanks do not respond to the bridge devastation immediately if it was driving near the bridge and was planning to drive across the bridge, and at this point collapsed a span, it will inevitably fall into the river.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »

Are those bridges suppose to be missing that span at the beginning of a campaign.All the bridges on Rakitnoe map are not complete bridges.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »

What means efficiency? What a stars?
It seems that I've already posted about unit efficiency before:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3515983/APOS_SABOW_Suggestion_squad_an#Post3515983

I was talking about black dots on platoon icons  Grin

That is exactly what is done.

The system does not work as I suggested - platoon/squad efficiency/strenght is visualized with respect to beginning of a battle and not with respect to beginning of an operation. This is a bug or intended behaviour by design. Try playing two battles with the same platoon in an operation and you'll see that platoon effeciency/strenght is always full three dots, no matter how much casualties it took in previous battles. Also, check the link above so that we're discussing about the same thing  Smiley

But why?
This is an auxiliary variety of binoculars, what is it for no zoom is not clear.
I suggested this because the thermal feature is a wonderful visual feature in the game and I think that normal vision / thermal vision (right-click) and zoom / no zoom (left-click) should be separed features. The idea is to give a player an ability to use thermal vision without zoom (very good for observing night battles).

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:35:42 PM by lavish » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »

Is there a thermal view in GTOS? Seems abit out of place if so.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »

Yes,but it's optional.I think it's so you can watch the night action better.It certainly wasn't available to any of the opposing WW2 forces at this time.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:48:20 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2013, 03:12:20 AM »

Hi chaps,

Regards

Aces

Tanks do not respond to the bridge devastation immediately if it was driving near the bridge and was planning to drive across the bridge, and at this point collapsed a span, it will inevitably fall into the river.

Andrey is that a bug you have on your fix list or a feature you wish to keep?

Bring back 3D markers!
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »

Posted screens of some bugs or weird things.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3769752/Re_AP_OS_bugs_thread#Post3769752
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: