Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 04:29:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121161 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »

ability to lock an APC/halftracks infantry in vehicle.  I swore this was in allready.   Huh?  80 percent of the time having them jump out is what I want them to do when under fire.  EXCEPT when I am attempting to manuver my infantry in open dead ground.  THEN I WANT THEM TO STAY UNDER ARMOR while the apc gets to cover to unload them.  Otherwise they get slaughtered if no cover. 

The other time is when under mortar fire and the armored vehicle provides protection....  They get in, something blows up, they get out.....and DIE. 

AND MORE recon guys in campaigns.  WIth vehicles they can dismount...  IE BRDM-2 as example.  4 man crew....  driver/gunner and 2 guys in back.  Why can I not get the guys in back to dismount and look over the hill or something?  I do not like running into ambushes.  LOL Tongue 

Turning radius of BTR and Ratels is wonky.  IN HOOPER>  I remember the german armored cars seemed to do better.  ANd I am sure they did better in SABOW. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:24:18 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2013, 06:59:03 AM »

The turning radius is far too wide and the fact that the vehicles have some strange need to constantly offer flank and rear facings to known enemy units.

Another thing is the last squad in my SADF mech. platoons for some reason can't seem to stay stationary and is constantly moving around and giving away the platoon position.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:01:43 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

Yeah the turning AI for ratel and BTR is reaaalllly bad, they do little dances, point the wrong way and get stuck in a loop.  I usually have to hit them with a quick reverse+stop order to snap them out of it.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2013, 02:05:42 PM »

ability to lock an APC/halftracks infantry in vehicle.  I swore this was in allready.   Huh?  80 percent of the time having them jump out is what I want them to do when under fire.  EXCEPT when I am attempting to manuver my infantry in open dead ground. 

Infantry will dismount if vehicle takes fire.

If "move fast" modifier is used, infantry will not dismount under light fire intensity, but will dismound if fire intensity grows up to medium or high. That's what I've understood.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »

The turning radius is far too wide and the fact that the vehicles have some strange need to constantly offer flank and rear facings to known enemy units.

Remember that vehicle crew do not see the same as you ("god like" commander). Playing SABOW is a good example to demonstrate how blind tanks/vehicles can be. Many times you'll expose your flank to unseen enemy that could be seen by you if you looked in the right direction. Also, vehicles turn their front against most dangerous threat in the game and may then expose their flanks to some other lesser threat. Vehicle may also get damage to tracks, which might cause them to turn its flank towards enemy.

And yes, sometimes there are some strange situations, but not so often. But it's difficult to say why. Take screenshots or videos. Then bomb Andrey with them! Cheesy

Another thing is the last squad in my SADF mech. platoons for some reason can't seem to stay stationary and is constantly moving around and giving away the platoon position.

If you put units under "AI commander" they may move to get a better line of sight (I think, I may be wrong however).

If you order units to move with "attack", they will take own initiative and change their movement vectors during the process.

Otherwise, they will stay stationary and will not move.

lavish
Oberst

« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »

Yeah the turning AI for ratel and BTR is reaaalllly bad, they do little dances, point the wrong way and get stuck in a loop.  I usually have to hit them with a quick reverse+stop order to snap them out of it.

Do you mean something like this? [Andrey, check this out also]
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3770232/Re_AP_OS_bugs_thread#Post3770232

I've observed units under "AI command" making these weird movements, but it's rare.

Otherwise I like to put units under "AI command" so they can automatically concentrate fire. For example ratel or tank platoons will automatically communicate and concnetrate fire on same target.

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

Nah this is without ai controll and the area in which they figet around is very small, doing little circles, driving a metre forward then back over and over that kind of stuff.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »

For the Vector M3 mortar, the mortar bomb is not coming out of the mortar tube; it is created outside behind the tube:

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2013, 08:13:32 AM »

Yes of course. As I wrote early mortar tube visually not change angle and dont shifted horizontally. But this all happens with the virtual physical "tower" to be the shell path is correct. As reult and the start point was to be changed, too.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »

Nah this is without ai controll and the area in which they figet around is very small, doing little circles, driving a metre forward then back over and over that kind of stuff.
Its not AI its commander  Grin.
If you send the wheeled vehicles in the same formation with the infantry without the proper modifiers, you naturally get strange behavior. Since wheeled vehicles can not turn as well as caterpillar, and it is difficult to move very slowly on any terrain and hold the line.
Use road modifiers, do not use a precise and tight formations.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »

Understand the freedom to give any orders to any set of units which randomly located on the terrain does not mean that they will work with any orders.

If you give the order to the big formation that an extended in line will move 3 meters forward, it will not work. If the units are arranged in a somthing like circle, and you give the orders to move to the center of the circle in line formation - it will not work.
If you send formation in line throught swamp or bumps - it will not work. If you send formation by roads and terrain dont have a roads - it will not work.

Freedom to give any orders to any set of units is responsible for the consequences of that one who gives the order.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »

I don't think anyone is disputing wrong orders to a mech platoon would lead to some odd behavior for the whole platoon.

But it is usually just 1 vehicle in the platoon that does strange things not the whole platoon.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »

But it is usually just 1 vehicle in the platoon that does strange things not the whole platoon.
Example please - damage list, initial state, order, and whats happens.
And explain modifiers and order what you send.

Usually all the complaints that come in the form of screenshots - operations with groups during the fire contact or/and in some uncomfortables. And do not write what modifiers were in order. Developers can only guess what it came up with the player at this time.  Grin

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »

For the Vector M3 mortar, the mortar bomb is not coming out of the mortar tube; it is created outside behind the tube:

HAY THOSE guys have broken angles.   Tongue Roll Eyes

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »

I would post a video of this odd behavior  but Youtube  has cancelled my account claiming copyright infringement when I post videos of this game.

I don't know what Youtubes' problem is! Huh? Angry

But I have only posted videos of this game on Youtube and nothing else,but for some strange reason they claim the background ambient sound for APOS is copyrighted and have cancelled my account.
I complained about this and they reinstated my account then cancelled it again for the same reason after I posted another video of APOS there.

I'm in no mood to fight Youtube over this every time I want to post a APOS video on Youtube.

I believe it is probably a form of youtube censorship for using the words "SS and Nazi" when describing some of the units in the battles of APOS videos I have posted there.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:07:12 AM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »

I would post a video of this odd behavior  but Youtube  has cancelled my account claiming copyright infringement when I post videos of this game. I don't know what Youtubes' problem is! Huh? Angry

A few months ago on YouTube something has changed and it has become a very strange service.
Apparently prepare us all to a brighter digital future where every time it will be necessary to prove that you're not a camel.

But I have only posted videos of this game on Youtube and nothing else,but for some strange reason they claim the background ambient sound for APOS is copyrighted and have cancelled my account.
This is an advanced content check system on the work  Grin. It works like this - if a match is found with the previously upload videos, then on a new is locked and if it happens for 3 times - account is banned, and you can file an appeal if you disagree  Cheesy.
Is a strange operation, but unfortunately I suspect that it will be even worse in future. It is better to spread the video without soundtrack and even better without the image too. Although someone can copirighted and black squares too  Grin

I'm in no mood to fight Youtube over this every time I want to post a APOS video on Youtube.
I am also afraid to spread the new videos about our games Sad

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »

Apparently prepare us all to a brighter digital future

Well I have no wish to participate in a service that considers censorship,brainwashing and mind control a brighter future to look forward too.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »

Apparently prepare us all to a brighter digital future

Well I have no wish to participate in a service that considers censorship,brainwashing and mind control a brighter future to look forward too.
May be http://rutube.ru/ ?
It certainly is not technically perfect like Youtube, but there seems to not suffer strange things.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »

It seems to me George Orwells book"1984" has already laid the ground work and game plan for this bright new future.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:29:06 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »

Likly its a line of media lawyers in line to sue youtube.  So they now ban everything.  People have made and posted their own music made BY them and gotten boot up side the butt.  Appealing everything?  WHY BOTHER>..  Just do not use it.

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: