Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 05:26:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback, suggestion and bug thread  (Read 121162 times)
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »

Been playing Op. Hooper a lot lately. Here's a few suggestions for improvement in keyboard commands and a feature request.

I love how GT has a lot of keyboard options but there are some I really miss that I would use a lot.

1. Make it possible to use filters with the keyboard, since this is something useful for a lot of situations. Suggested:

F: Toggle Filter Type (the little button below units)
(have to change the default 'AI Commander' command to for instance ctrl+F for this)

Shift+F: Filters menu (the pop-up one with right-click on unit)

Ctrl+Space: Apply Filters (or ctrl+F)

2. Make it possible to change the option 4.14 (Light up battlefield in pause) during tactical battle, for instance with a toggle keyboard command. Would be very useful for those all too dark night battles. Usually I prefer to have 4.14 off but during night battles it is absolutely necessary to turn on (and easy to forget in menu)

3. Is it possible to have the options, at least some of them, available during tactical battle?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:44:13 PM by Shadrach » Logged
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2013, 06:51:07 AM »

I'd like it if tanks wouldn't abandon their defensive dug outs in order to have their hull face an enemy at their flank.   They already have a hull down posistion so they need only rotate their turret and not expose their hull by leaving the hole and turning especialy as it exposes the side hull to the main enemy attack in the process!
Spg and at guns shouldn't be leaving either and should just rotate in the hole unless the spg is so big as to not have room.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2013, 09:11:20 AM »

Another thing I just thought of:

The HE explosions from small autocannons (20/30mm) should have a small sharp explosion sound like a grenade not a constant rumbling booming sound like heavy arty.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »

Another thing I just thought of:

The HE explosions from small autocannons (20/30mm) should have a small sharp explosion sound like a grenade not a constant rumbling booming sound like heavy arty.

+1

Also, in general, explosion sounds and cannon shots could be louder, harder and more aggressive (like t-55 shooting sound already is). It's a bit weird that machinegun is louder than exploding artillery shells or firing tank cannon. I think explosions/cannon sound are too soft at the moment (they sound like soft bass boom).
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »

Yes,
The tank cannons sound a little muffled.
I've been around the M-48 and M-60 tanks when they have fired their main gun and it is a very distinctive loud and piercing crack sound.

Don't know what it sounds like for T-55 though.

Also,the M-60 machine gun sounds strange too.I was an M-60 gunner in the infantry and I don't recall it sounding like what it sounds like in the game.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2013, 05:49:43 AM »

It always has been. If your troops attacked by enemy platoon which you have not seen, the arrow is not drawn naturally, otherwise the meaning is lost in the fog of war in operations map.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »

New favorite bug, Flintstone plane:

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2013, 02:40:32 PM »

One more Smiley

This is more obvious on the new desert map but I've seen it on the old maps too, shadow artifacts that follow the camera around on the edge of the screen.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »

This is more obvious on the new desert map but I've seen it on the old maps too, shadow artifacts that follow the camera around on the edge of the screen.

I got the same thing,but it isn't as pronounced as your shadows.For me it was on one side of the screen and looked like a flickering tree shadow and only showed up at certain camera angles.I thought my monitor wasn't plugged in very good so I seated it a little tighter in the outlet and I hardly notice the flickering now.Don't know if that is the cause of the problem,but I find that to be be minor nuisance compared to the constipated camel sounds that keep replaying over and over again in the background ambient sound Grin
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2013, 10:58:29 PM »

It's probably been mentioned before, but Kraut infantry needs more AT capibility

Having entire platoons rendered helpless by the loss of a Stug or PAK is rather annoying, especially when the enemy is rolling up within 5 meters of your positions and blasting with impunity
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2013, 11:37:23 PM »

Welcome to the club.
I think we've all expressed that in one way or another.

Andrey said it won't be so bad in the next game GT:Mius Front.
We'll see Cheesy
The Germans didn't start to receive Panzerfausts till late 43,but I did read somewhere that the SS we're using them during a counter attack in the Mius Front sector,but they didn't have many and mostly relied on demo packs and teller mines.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2013, 11:44:37 PM »

There is a last name missing for some Iranian squads or vehicles?

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2013, 12:27:46 AM »

You can look at the bright side.At least you know which one is the commander of the platoon at a glance-He's the one without a name. Grin Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:11:06 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »

Stuka dive bombers-From what I have read the Stuka bomb explosions formed mushroom clouds,can we expect to see this in the game at a later date.

Quote from a GD division assault near Rzhev September 1942.
"Finally the familiar drone: the Stukas were coming. Flares were fired to let the bombers know the position of our front line. Then the dance began. The first Stuka peeled off into its dive, then the second and then another. The air was filled with such a howling and roaring that one could think it couldn't possibly get any louder. Then came the crashing and detonation of the bombs. One mushroom cloud after another shot up into the air until there was a solid wall of smoke and dust in front of us. Then the Stukas flew away overhead, the roar of their motors adding to the horrible concert."
RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »

I think very interesting suggestion to add would be (at least) during deployment phase, that you can see Isopleths (Изогипса) on the main map (not only as a faint lines in the minimap). T

That could help BIG during deployment phase and planning! It help avoid triple-checking unit positioning!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »

I think very interesting suggestion to add would be (at least) during deployment phase, that you can see Isopleths (Изогипса) on the main map (not only as a faint lines in the minimap). T

That could help BIG during deployment phase and planning! It help avoid triple-checking unit positioning!
Use AreaLOS feature instead

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »

Use AreaLOS feature instead
I know, its very handy, I use it constantly.

But my point was, if I could see Isopleths (Usually on minimap they can't be clearly seen most of the time), I could plan 10 times easier, offence and defense. Instead I just lower my view all the way to the ground and "move around" to feel "geography", Tongue

One thing could aid it then(smallest tweak): Usually when i do Ctrl+~ (AreaLOS), if I directly click other unit to select, AreaLOS will be still on (useful). But if I select other unit not by direct click, but by dragging box around it, AreaLOS would be closed and I would need to automatically re-select it again (Ctrl+~). Point is, its much easier/quicker to drag a box around a unit, if you could make AreaLOS toggle be persistant until you specifically deselect it, it would help a lot.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:16:32 PM by RedC » Logged
RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »

Stuka dive bombers-From what I have read the Stuka bomb explosions formed mushroom clouds,can we expect to see this in the game at a later date.

I think it depends on what bomb types did they use. From what I see, they could carry 50kg, 250kg, 500kg, 1000kg variants in combination of course...

Look at some guy uploading explosions of such bombs:
SC 1000, SC 50...etc

You can see, they are almost the same as any fugas. So that experience was rather subjective. You can see the mushroom cloud in almost any explosion that has certain filling, design...etc and especially on type of terrain it hit. (Its all about air pressure, that is spreading of air)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:44:01 PM by RedC » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2013, 07:49:50 PM »

I think it depends on what bomb types did they use. From what I see, they could carry 50kg, 250kg, 500kg, 1000kg variants in combination of course...

The book I was reading didn't quote the bomb size.
I think the Stuka airstrikes in this game doesn't account for different bomb types or sizes and all Stuka airstrikes are mostly generic one size fits all type bomb runs.

All I see for the armament in the encyclopedia for the Stuka is primary weapon 7.62 MG and secondary weapon x5 bombs.
Most likely the 50kg or 250kg type then.
RedC
Hauptmann

« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »

All I see for the armament in the encyclopedia for the Stuka is primary weapon 7.62 MG and secondary weapon x5 bombs.
Most likely the 50kg or 250kg type then.

I think B version had max load of 1000kg (без стрелка), and D version 1800kg (again без стрелка). And both types had 4x50 kg bombs on their wings and 250-500kg (B and D respectively) bomb under the body, of course, as standard equipment. (as i remember from IL-2 Sturmovik game Cheesy, they were my favorite target)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:59:32 PM by RedC » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: